It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: (D10 LM) Burning off some Nerves
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:45 am 
"Well, on stations, or the kinds of ships with families, the kids are all kind of lumped together a lot since everyone's parents are working or they wouldn't be there. There's some splitting by age for schooling, but otherwise there's a lot of the older kids watching the younger...or tormenting them, not going to lie." She shrugs, "And...unreasonable and kind of alien describes kami as much as young kids, so at least that part of dealing with them feels kind of like I actually have training for..kind of."

"Plus, traveling so much, whenever we did set down to visit my uncles and their kids, I kind of soaked up all the time I could get with that handful of family I could get to know."

She considers Hide and chuckles. "I mean, my Matsu roommate has been surprisingly mellow, given the stereotypes. But no, not calm at all." She looks up at Shoan with a small chuckle. "so ok...good analogy."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:53 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
"Well, on stations, or the kinds of ships with families, the kids are all kind of lumped together a lot since everyone's parents are working or they wouldn't be there. There's some splitting by age for schooling, but otherwise there's a lot of the older kids watching the younger...or tormenting them, not going to lie." She shrugs, "And...unreasonable and kind of alien describes kami as much as young kids, so at least that part of dealing with them feels kind of like I actually have training for..kind of."

"Plus, traveling so much, whenever we did set down to visit my uncles and their kids, I kind of soaked up all the time I could get with that handful of family I could get to know."

She considers Hide and chuckles. "I mean, my Matsu roommate has been surprisingly mellow, given the stereotypes. But no, not calm at all." She looks up at Shoan with a small chuckle. "so ok...good analogy."

"Ah, unreasonable, beyond our comprehension, sometimes destructive....that does sound like children and kami. Not a bad analogy yourself."
Shoan had trouble picturing life growing up spacebound...probably not a lot of pools.

"I think I will need to learn what you learnt, how to parent and look after children. But my parents learnt, and their parents before them, it must be possible."
And they might be grandparents, people liked being that, right?

"You room with Matsu Hide-san? She is...very outgoing, a fine samurai. Imagine training with hundreds like her....but most a bit taller. That's how you become a master of bathhouse jujistu."

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:22 pm 
"You'll be fine. Like you said, parents have been managing to turn kids into adults for a long while now with pretty minimal preparation." She herself hadn't given a lot of thought to how to do that, honestly. "Hmm...not even sure how that'll work on our end. You don't raise kids on military ships."

Mumei considers an entire academy full of taller Hide's, all refusing to mention their crushes or beefs with one another and taking it out via passive-aggressive bath-battles. "Yeah, training with the Matsu sounds...intense, at best. Hide-san's great, but...hopefully she can actually tell her kids that she maybe likes them without the intervention of half a dozen other people. That kind of thing seems like it would get confusing in an entire school of Matsu."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:15 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
"You'll be fine. Like you said, parents have been managing to turn kids into adults for a long while now with pretty minimal preparation." She herself hadn't given a lot of thought to how to do that, honestly. "Hmm...not even sure how that'll work on our end. You don't raise kids on military ships."

Mumei considers an entire academy full of taller Hide's, all refusing to mention their crushes or beefs with one another and taking it out via passive-aggressive bath-battles. "Yeah, training with the Matsu sounds...intense, at best. Hide-san's great, but...hopefully she can actually tell her kids that she maybe likes them without the intervention of half a dozen other people. That kind of thing seems like it would get confusing in an entire school of Matsu."

Sagley
"Sometimes the only way to tell someone you like them is to crush them in an arm wrestle or flip them over your shoulder and carry them off.....Actually those would both work as a parent for children, Hide-san will probably make a great mom."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:59 am 
Laughing, Mumei nods. "You know, yeah. Possibly better than Kuni-sama, assuming that works out. Not that I know her as well."

"Do you and Kitsu-sama have arm-wrestling plans then?"

Description

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:08 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
Laughing, Mumei nods. "You know, yeah. Possibly better than Kuni-sama, assuming that works out. Not that I know her as well."

"Do you and Kitsu-sama have arm-wrestling plans then?"

"Well..."
As if the discussion was totally normal
"She is strong with water so....it would be a very good match. And she needs to build her upper body strength....so I'm not saying no plans."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:42 am 
Mumei nods. "Ah right, they're another school that focuses on water, which really tends to encourage strength." She grins. "That seems like it could be fun. Hmm..Yul's hands are steady, but now I'm curious how he'd do in a plain old arm wrestle."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:44 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
Mumei nods. "Ah right, they're another school that focuses on water, which really tends to encourage strength." She grins. "That seems like it could be fun. Hmm..Yul's hands are steady, but now I'm curious how he'd do in a plain old arm wrestle."

Shoan looks left and right before leaning in and dropping her voice
"You would annihilate him"
She waggles her eyebrows for a second before straightening like nothing happened.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:11 am 
Shaking with laughter, Mumei tries to keep it to 'not annoying everyone else's workout' volume levels. "Ok then...I will save that for a _useful_ moment. Though," she looks thoughtful, "Might be I should learn some wresting first. Technique counts for something along with just plain strength."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:16 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
Shaking with laughter, Mumei tries to keep it to 'not annoying everyone else's workout' volume levels. "Ok then...I will save that for a _useful_ moment. Though," she looks thoughtful, "Might be I should learn some wresting first. Technique counts for something along with just plain strength."

"It is a valuable skill, you never know when a headlock may be absolutely necessary. Just remember to always be on top, never to panic and to respect tap outs."
Cocking her head slightly

"It is a skill I only have a basic proficiency in. I admit, I always leveraged my own strength and size rather than any great skill."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:09 pm 
"That seems like a fair bit of leverage though. I have to imagine that, as in many things, skill provides more consistent results, but other things can substitute in a pinch." Thoughtfully, she continues, thinking out loud now. "The rest of that also seems useful in more cases than wrestling...other than the staying on top. There's a lot more cases where sharing the lead is better than keeping it." To completely mix physical activity metaphors.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:51 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
"That seems like a fair bit of leverage though. I have to imagine that, as in many things, skill provides more consistent results, but other things can substitute in a pinch." Thoughtfully, she continues, thinking out loud now. "The rest of that also seems useful in more cases than wrestling...other than the staying on top. There's a lot more cases where sharing the lead is better than keeping it." To completely mix physical activity metaphors.

Shoan thinks....and thinks...and thinks

"You are right....I can think of a few. Yul-san is very lucky to have someone as thoughtful as you Nakauchi-san to share the lead with him."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3