It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [E4 EM] The Electric Eye Sees All
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:17 am 
"That's the plan"

There it is, a moment of hesitation flickering across his face as a tell that defeats his On

"Of course, at first I don't think I really comprehended that I might not be Crab after this."

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:15 am 
"That is a common concern," Ishiyo nodded, and crossed her arms...her hands disappearing into her sleeves. "Even I may have to leave the Crane. But it is not as if there are not design bureaus in otheh clans. Perhaps a spouse might even help you find a path into one fasteh then in you-eh own."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:29 am 
"True" Tetsu concedes "But it would make it all the more necessary for the partnership to be favorable. No one wants to design a weapon that annihilates their home planet"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:29 am 
"Or find themselves against theih comrades." Ishiyo adds with a sad smile, "Though...such is not always ouh choice. Perhaps not even here."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:54 pm 
Tetsu nods in response. "It's the best bid for peace that I can imagine. Us looking back at now and where we might go and remembering "there but for the grace of the kami go I"

The young bushi shakes his head. "But who knows. Maybe I'll get access to that research budget of yours"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:18 am 
Ishiyo raised a brow at that, "Mine as in Peregrine's or mine as in the Crane's?" Her smile went a little crooked, "It is quite possible eitheh way you work on weapons. Fatheh's engineehs are a majoh part of one of the Crane's new fighteh concepts."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:38 am 
"I meant Crane." Tetsu's crook of a smile mirrors Ishiyo's own. "I mean, I'm quite flattered at being propositioned like this, but I think we both know that you can do far better than myself. Still, if my animal magnatism, killer intellect and renounced sense of humor has moved you to no end, I suppose you could throw yourself at me. Snort"

Tetsu can't stop his sides from shaking. "Well, not even my On could get through that one"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:06 am 
Ishiyo let out a sigh, but her smile remained, "Have to consideh all options. As I said it may not even be my choice."

"So if I may ask, what sort of robot are you building. Foh the rally obviously but...."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:17 am 
"Who knows indeed" There is still a twinkle of amusement in Tetsu's eyes, even as his face retreats to a more neutral expression. "Though I am not joking about the being flattered part. As for this..."

Tetsu holds up a mass of circuitry. "Technically, it's not a robot at all. Some what I learned, fair play for the event dictates that everyone is to make their own base model for the race on the day of. It's to prevent someone from spending years making one, or buying a superior model and bringing it with them. We are also banned from making any attachments or improvements that competitors wouldn't have access to on the day of the event. However" Tetsu's voice carries a note of triumph "that does not prohibit competitors from contributing designs of their own for all to use. That's what I've working out here: a superior camera system so that the pilot doesn't lose their drone to something coming at them from the sides"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:19 am 
"Oh? Seems sensible...both the camera and the restrictions, though if one knows the model before hand one could find a similah one to become an expert with." Ishiyo nodded, looking at the circuitry. "How long have you been working on it and have you built the software portion yet?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:58 am 
"On this? Just about three hours so far" It will be probably another nine more to go of actually sitting at the bench. At least, that's now long the Repulsor Thrusters took." Tetsu starts to straighten up his work. They would have to attend the miai events soon.

"Of course, with miai events and social engagements, I probably won't be done until sometime tomorrow, assuming all goes well...which an engineer never does. The software, I'm running out of the box." Tetsu pulls out his shiny new(ish) Densai "I'm not good enough to do much more than bootstrapping the freeware to the drone functions"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:16 am 
"One of my cousins, Daidoji Shizuku, has some skill at code work." Ishiyo's hand reappeared and she tapped her chin, "I know the basics myself, but not likely anymore then you do at present. Still maybe I could arrange a meeting if you wish."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:38 pm 
"Hmm, that might be helpful." Tetsu muses. "I haven't run into any major projects yet, but it would be helpful. And well...it's a miai. I'm not in the position to pass up any eligible partners."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:18 pm 
"I will see what I can do then." Ishiyo smiled, putting it on her list of things to do, "Once it is all done do you plan on working on anotheh project?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:19 pm 
"Oh, I'm sure I will. There is plenty of time left and there is much to do."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:44 am 
"Any previews for a curious Crane?" Ishiyo asked with a pleasant smile, "Nothing compromising I mean, just foh my own curiosity."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:17 am 
"Grappler arms. Fitting for a Crab." Tetsu mimes out chomping claws

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:23 am 
"What really?" Ishiyo laughs softly at that, "Going to program it to scuttle and build walls too? Maybe some concrete dispensers in the claws..."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:26 am 
"It's an idea..." Tetsu chuckles. "They're not all winners, but you never know until you sketch it out"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:32 am 
Ishiyo makes the clack clack motion with her hands, "Sure? No engineeh bot to scuttle into a dangerous area and build a safety wall."

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next