It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: [D5 EM] Electric Eye Close (Robotics Club)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:45 pm 
Tetsu returns to the shop, ears still ringing slightly from the loud house last night. The quiet is noticable in the relative cacophony. The the quiet, Tetsu finishes sodering and runs his diagnostics, rewarded with a beep and green light as an image flickers to life on a nearby screen

Upgraded Camera Design-TN 23-D5 EM-Engineering/Intelligence: 8d10o10k4 32
Project complete!

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

Post subject: Re: [D5 EM] Electric Eye Close (Robotics Club)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:17 am 
The Robotics Club is more than pleased to accept Tetsu's finished design to be used for the Robotics Rally. Drones have been getting lost to several reasons in the wild, hopefully this will aid in keeping losses minimal. The design will be featured on Day 7 of the event.

Quote:
Upgrade Optics: An upgrade contribution from Fundai (Kaiu) Tetsu. This grants the drone increased sensory capabilities to survey sites and evaluate potential dangers. This grants a phantom Hunting skill to the drone, adding to its existing skill number.

After the designs have been submitted, the Kaiu's efforts seems enough to summon the attention of engineering chief Asako Kishi to see the Crab personally. "At this rate, more than half of the designs at the Robotics Rally will be yours, Kaiu-san."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:29 am 
Tetsu bows in greeting. "Thank you very much Asako-taicho. I have been able to do so much because of your excellently outfitted workshop. As for my pace..." Tetsu can't help but to offer a small smile. "I confess, your observation has caught my aim on its head. While Chiruha-san was careful to not give away the secrets of what the Rally might hold, and I would not wish she betray them, she helped me stumble upon a way in which I might make my mark regardless of the result."

Tetsu looks over the workbench. "With all of these people here visiting, all trying to show their best sides, I asked myself what I could do to stand out. And the answer I came up with was "be you", and well, this is me."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:58 pm 

Kishi looked over Tetsu, considerating everything he said with a bit of reservation. "Surely, there is much flattery in your words. The workshop here is pretty basic and possesses a lot of the hand-me-downs from the dojo proper. Even then, I'm sure most of the tools here aren't exactly the same sort of calibre you'll find in the city or perhaps you come from. However, despite being away from home, you've managed to make due and craft a few things for our little rally."

"That's impressive." He gave a deep nod of respect. "However, as one of the senior members of the club...the most senior member, I'll have to ask you to cool off on your submissions. No more, Kaiu-san."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:04 pm 
Tetsu takes a half step back, taken completely by surprise at the demand.

"Might I ask whatever for? To my knowledge, there is no prohibition against submitting multiple designs, and no inherent advantage given to any particular participant."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:07 am 

He gave an open-handed shrug, "Oh, of course not. You can submit all of the designs in the solar system but I think that we will have to start limiting the number of designs that are accepted. The Robotics Rally is an open event for both entry-level and skilled veterans like myself but we'll be using the 10-86 chassis for the event for the ease of everyone involved. If we were using something like 30-86's where more brackets were available I could see a world of possibilities involved but more than half will be spending half the day scratching their heads about it. It makes me wonder which one you'll be using in the end..."

"But anyways, you can keep working on whatever you wish, Kaiu-san. What you've provided are pretty cute additions. However, if you really want to knock it out of the park, you might have to think outside the box. You seem to work faster on your own, how comfortable are you with programming?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:28 pm 
Tetsu seems to think about it. What he thought was a prohibition was instead a challenge!

"I'll be honest, I'm better at assembling the circuit boards than coding them, but I do know the basics. What did you have in mind?"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:31 pm 

"I have the blueprints for something," he said at first before making his way to one of the terminals in the room, fiddling through it get to find what he was looking for. "I was hoping that the club could work on this and have it done before the rally but they're still busy at work with the efficiency module. It doesn't make sense to split the efforts and get none of them done. If you're as handy as you've been, maybe you can complete this one for me. It's going to take some programming on your part."

Kishi showed Tetsu some rough schematics on screen. "The idea is simple enough, the technology exists in task drones but it needs to be adapted for the simple 10-86s. It's an error-correction module, both sensory and programming-based, that would allow the drone to compensate for its tasks independently. It won't fix the biggest mistakes out there, nothing could, but could help to marginally avoid mishaps."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:52 am 
Tetsu thinks about it. "Well, that definitely seems like more of a challenge! I'll do it!"

He peers at the blueprints that he sees. "So, you're going to need external building and software coding to do it?"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:05 am 

"More or less, it's all conceptual here but I'm sure you can connect the dots and adapt the design that can be mass produced and simple to install for the sake of the event. I'm sure you can design a processor that will fit into the chassis easily enough. Just the programming portion might be the other half of it."

Error-Correction Module
The project will consist of Engineering/Intelligence TN 60 and Computer Use/Intelligence at TN60.
Will allow for the drone to add +3 to the their roll after it is made once during the event.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:52 am 
"This is..." Tetsu grins. "This is great! I love the plan for the compensation buffer! Yeah, it might be a pain in the neck, but this conceptual work is first rate Asako-taicho. I'll get to work and I will let you know as soon as I have something."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:33 am 

Kishi gave an appreciative nod, "Good, good. I'll look forward to your final work and seeing this blueprint become realized. Hopefully, that'll keep your busy for a day or two, Kaiu-san. With all of the mishaps that some of these custom drones run into, a compensation will make a big difference around here and I imagine it might be as popular as the power-saving model. We'll see."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]