It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Early Morning Practice [Day 2, EM, Expecting]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:11 pm 
{Expecting someone, but scene is not closed!}

Not even a change in planets could stop Maximum Range Chiyoko from being up bright and early for training. She had already done her standard physical exercises: a 10k Run, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups. Now it was time for the most important part of the day. With the targets available, she wasn't terribly interested in blowing holes in the dojo wall with her HAR. So instead, she had her sidearm in hand, taking aim at one of the targets from 100' away. Each shot was an easy hit on the target, her grouping reasonably tight if not right on center.

--------

Fluff sidearm fire. Day 2 EM: 8d10o10k4 45

Post subject: Re: Early Morning Practice [Day 2, EM, Expecting]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:04 pm 
After some calisthenics that would have kept an NCO quiet, Shokomaru as well had a mind for some target practice. His sidearm wasn't well-used in battle, but it's use was important. Cleaning it was important. There were some officers who made certain to kill with their sidearms, their rifle and even their katana as often as possible, to show the enemy, their men, and the fortunes how mighty they were.

Shokomaru preferred binoculars, clear comms and his troops. Those were his real weapons, this was fluff in a lot of ways, but ever so important should any of the others fail him.

Seeing the...what...who?

His head tilted slightly. He'd never seen legs as long as Tama-gunso's...well, perhaps his champion, but as the woman was over two meters tall that was what one could expect. Dyed hair. His mouth quirked to the side thinking. The gym wear wasn't ultimately revealing of clan either. Who was this person?

Ah...this person he would likely never impress with his shooting, to boot. He smirked and took up firing position, only 50ft, chances were if he was drawing his sidearm, they'd be even closer than that.

After a running the mag dry he checked his marks, mostly center mass. Not an awful lot of missing, but the grouping wasn't quite tight. One could look at a target and see decent aim, but not being able to hit the same spot reliably close meant missing during combat. People stayed mobile.

Afterward he took a chance on watching this tall woman perform. As he felt it really was a manner of performance, if not for anyone but herself. Still, he could watch and thoroughly enjoy it.

When she'd gone through another power pack, he spoke, offering a bow.

"Good morning, samurai-sama. Your ancestors seem to have given you the eye and instinct for this. I am Daigotsu Shokomaru, chuui of the 5th company, 9th Obsidian legion."

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:32 pm 
Chiyoko had finished the pack, taking a short breath as she lowered the weapon. Decent work indeed. The attention of the Daigotsu had been completely lost til he regarded her.

Thankfully, she was ever polite, and she bowed calmly. "Daigotsu-sama, your words are high praise. My name is Matsu Chiyoko, Hohei of the Matsu Ground Infantry, Sharpshooter division."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:38 pm 
He nodded. "I could have guessed your MOS, but now that i know your name and clan it makes perfect sense", he said confidently. "Do Matsu have entire sharpshooter divisions or are you assigned as detatchnents to larger units?"

He seemed honestly curious, but didn't appear too confident he'd get straight answer. He was no Lion, after all.

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:47 pm 
"We have enough Sharpshooters to fill our need at a given time," she answered, somewhat intentionally noncommittal. "The other sharpshooters are more or less all Akodo in training or family, mind."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:56 pm 
"Ah so you're a special case", he seemed to understand. Maybe. "Well I'd ask if you've ever seen any action, but I think the answer is fairly public. It's an honor."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:17 pm 
"Yes, the Ikoma did see to that," she nodded. It was hard to say from the statement what she thought about all that. You mentioned you were a Chui. Strictly leadership, or do you still see field work?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:57 pm 
"I did a stint as a garrison leader on Blightwell, relieving the a unit called up to action. About eight months there", he put it as stint like it was doing time in prison, as garrison duty tends to feel like that. "Though even with quiet guard work, there isn't much to do on that rock except shuffle paperwork and tell people to stop causing problems." He smiled in spite of that. "Near the end there was an incident and a few of ours went home in cremation tins, can't speak to how bad it was for the other side, wouldn't be polite."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:26 am 
Chiyoko didn't figure she'd pry on the incident, instead finally taking the time to replace her discharged clip. "Telling people to stop causing problems is probably more polite than my SOP on problem solving methods," ahead commented idly. "Then again, my problem solving methods assume the problem point is an enemy asset, so I suppose the scaling is a bit shifted." She let herself have a grin at that statement.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:34 am 
"Matsu must have some interesting rules of engagement", he observed. He knew how it was for Spider anyway.

Sometimes the target was an inhuman beast from a realm of slaughter world that wanted to drink your blood.

Sometimes it was the guy next to you that had lost his mind to the taint due to exposure on a world tied to Jigoku.

Other times they were heimin who were just hungry.

"Do sharpshooters work with marine units or are you strictly ground operations? We get sealed up in ships and told not to wander. Mustering through space is the easiest duty, but also one of the more boring."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:37 am 
"There are sharpshooters on marine ops, but mostly o am involved in ground ops. A 1000' effective range is less useful in tight quarters, and an HAR is only good in a boarding action if you don't care who you might lose to sudden decompression." She holstered her sidearm for the moment.

"I'd admit I'm glad for it. Ship life isn't for me long term."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:38 am 
Another had arrived at the dojo. The way she was dressed didn't make her clan obvious, especially while wearing purple lenses in her eyes. On her back was a quite unique looking rifle that could be centuries old by anyones knowledge.

She waited outside for her 'date', humming to herself as she did.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:39 am 
"Well for what it's worth, it's good to meet another ground pounder", he said with an approving nod. "Don't let me get in the way of your practice though. I don't mind waiting to continue this discussion."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:41 am 
She shrugged a bit. "I get more than enough firearms practice. Honestly I am wishing I had requisitioned a Marksman's rifle instead of the HAR when I came here, as I'd much rather work with it for practice."

Damn Ikoma forcing her to bring the HAR because 'that's what you're for!'

"Though if I my presence delays your practice, you need not hesitate to say so."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:48 am 
He laughed. "It's not like that at all, Matsu-san", he assured her. "In fact I'm happy I came across you. Our clans might sit on opposing sides of many issues, but this is a miai and I doubt I'd an opportunity like this in the future, so I'll take it. Do you feel the same?"

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:57 am 
Susumu Nara wrote:
Another had arrived at the dojo. The way she was dressed didn't make her clan obvious, especially while wearing purple lenses in her eyes. On her back was a quite unique looking rifle that could be centuries old by anyones knowledge.

She waited outside for her 'date', humming to herself as she did.

Her ‘date’ arrived not too long after. It was rude to leave someone waiting, after all. Plus, she was excited to get some target practice in! While also seeing what the actress could do with her handy rifle.

“Ah! Susumu-san. I see you beat me here. You must be excited to show off your skills!”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:05 am 
Matsu Hide wrote:
Her ‘date’ arrived not too long after. It was rude to leave someone waiting, after all. Plus, she was excited to get some target practice in! While also seeing what the actress could do with her handy rifle.

“Ah! Susumu-san. I see you beat me here. You must be excited to show off your skills!”

Nara smiled brightly and bowed.

"Heyy! I haven't been here long, just didn't want to go in without you. I hope you are well?"

She looked to the door.

"No pressure on me now, ne?" she giggled "shall we?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:15 am 
“Ah, well, good thing I didn’t keep you waiting too long.”

Hide moved to the door and slides it open for Nara. “After you.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:18 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
He laughed. "It's not like that at all, Matsu-san", he assured her. "In fact I'm happy I came across you. Our clans might sit on opposing sides of many issues, but this is a miai and I doubt I'd an opportunity like this in the future, so I'll take it. Do you feel the same?"

"I am here to meet people that I might marry," she affirmed. "It would be poor use of my time not to take the chance when it is here."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:21 am 
Matsu Hide wrote:
“Ah, well, good thing I didn’t keep you waiting too long.”

Hide moved to the door and slides it open for Nara. “After you.”

"Hee, you're very thoughtful Matsu-san~" Nara slipped in, noticing a few were already at the range.

"Oh, there's a queue I think. Hope we can sneak into one of the other firing ranges."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next