It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: [D6 EA and LA] Conpensation Proliferation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:56 pm 
The work continues to be methodical, trying to sort out the sensors and making sure that they synch up, before Tetsu finally pours on the gas, the last stages coming together instinctively. Flushed with success, Tetsu goes out to find Chief Asako

D6 EA-Compensating Drone-Engineering/Intelligence-TN 37: 8d10o10k4 18
D6 E=LA-Compensating Drone-Engineering/Intelligence-TN 19: 8d10o10k4 54 (Project complete!)

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

Post subject: Re: [D6 EA and LA] Conpensation Proliferation
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:41 am 
Tetsu would find Kishi easily enough lingering around the dojo. He was seen working with his students to put the finishing touches to the power-efficiency module.

"Kaiu-san, good afternoon," he gave him a small bow. "How goes your project? If you need a hand with finishing your project, I can see if I can delegate someone to help you."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:26 am 
"Oh no. I mean, thank you for the kind offer Asako-taicho." Tetsu remembers his formalities at the last moment and bows back. "I came over because I finished." He holds out the drone model that he had cooked up from the blueprints. "I think it's ready to try out"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:47 pm 

Kishi raised his brows at first, putting his hand on his glasses to adjust them slightly, "Finished? Already? You don't say...I thought I had given you something that would stump you. Absolutely unbelievable."

He gave a small shake of his head and gestured to the drone with both hands. "All right, why don't you show it to me?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:53 pm 
"Of course." Tetsu sets the drone down and powers it back up, playing with the controls. "The programming definitely wasn't my strong suit, but it was a good challenge. I'm grateful, it's helping to keep me out of a rut."

Sure as he said, the design seems look just like what Asako Kishi had asked for.

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:06 am 

Kishi gave an appreciative nod as he is shown the final work, "Nevertheless, it has been very impressed that you've managed to complete it in a short amount of time. Here, I was going to suggest that you find a friend or someone to help you out but it seems that you are indeed capable of both. I'm sure Chiruha-san would have been able to do it too if she wasn't so busy with everything."

He pointed at the drone, "I won't know for sure how it'll do without date but that's what tomorrow is for, a good excuse to gather testing data. Well done, Kaiu-san, and with time to spare. I'm sure we can get a few of these manufactured for use in tomorrow's event. For each use, you'll get proper due credit and your other contributions too."

Quote:
Error-Correction Module: An upgrade contribution from Fundai (Kaiu) Tetsu. This gives the drone a boost to its program to detect errors and danger with its surroundings. This grants the drone the ability to add +3 to its roll after a roll has been made once per event.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:39 am 
"There is another idea I've had...I'm floating the programming needs to another visitor on miai. The basic idea would be now to set up drone for construction in hostile environments. I know that the students are all busy with the rally, and I expect that would tie us up for a while, but could we bring it in once the rally is done?"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:40 am 

He narrowed his eyes for a moment, "I suppose that would make sense in some places...although expansion and building is perhaps a territory better suited for the bureaucrats of the Shiro and the Governor. I don't know if he's planning to build out in the wilderness without a good purpose. We do have surveillance pods we use for those purposes, although those merely flown in and are mostly built for the sake of the survey team. They just need to plug and play, so to speak."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:53 pm 
"Hmm." Tetsu puts his fist under his chin to think. "It's an idea for a design that might work in space too, but I should look at baby steps. It does seem like this might be out of the realm of hobbyist design, but I think these things have a lot of potential"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:19 am 

He nodded a few more times in thought. "Potential, yes. Efficiency? That might be another matter. With the size of the drones common to the club, it would likely take several of them to tackle an issue that heimen workers can manage with less fuss. Bureaucracy is another matter, as I've mentioned. As much as we have open territory here, the governor watches closely on all plots and stakes for expansions. They say he has great plans, after all. I don't know if that's truly the case but I at least stay out of his way."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]