It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: [Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Open)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:55 pm 
Heaven's Wing Dojo had a small area devoted to the solemn art of shooting people. Within that section is a series of mock rooms and alleyways that simulate an urban combat scenario with a series of cutout enemies (who all bore more than a passing similarity to your average Mantis bushi) jumping out at you.

Shoan had run the course a few times, usually resulting in the crack of gunfire and a roar following the thonk of a fist striking plaster. It was better than the obstacle course in her opinion, far more peaceful.

Now the Lion is reloading her and checking her rifle just outside the course, her face slightly flushed with adrenaline.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

Post subject: Re: [Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Open)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:38 pm 
"Huh, where is everyone?"
Shoan looks around the mostly empty dojo with a confused expression before her densai vibrates with a public announcement:

'Thank you to everyone visiting Kuni Koryn's funeral this morning, we appreciate your love and support in these trying times'

The few other samurai present are also looking at their densai and then become busy not looking at eachother or anything else.

"Ah....well, it was a bad way to go."
With a sigh the Lion stands, going to face the course once more.
"This one's for you Kuni-san."
And she makes a few modifications to the setup....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:30 pm 
Kamui hears the sounds of rifle shots coming from a different area than the shooting range he's been in recently. So he decides to follow the investigate where the sounds are coming from. Kamui with him rifle case in hand and in his new a blue t-shirt and white cargo pants he bought yesterday.

It sounds like its the other side the dojo. He continues around the dojo to this area.

He waits until the shooting to stop, then gives it another minute for caution after the shooting stopped.

Kamui cautiously walks in to this, new to him, space. On approaching the door, he looks a woman that was reloading her rifle. Then saw the cutouts what looked like Mantis bushi. "Ha, cute..." He says at them. Kamui is not sure is he should be offended or not, because Crane and Mantis are allies.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 pm 
Daidoji Kamui wrote:
Kamui hears the sounds of rifle shots coming from a different area than the shooting range he's been in recently. So he decides to follow the investigate where the sounds are coming from. Kamui with him rifle case in hand and in his new a blue t-shirt and white cargo pants he bought yesterday.

It sounds like its the other side the dojo. He continues around the dojo to this area.

He waits until the shooting to stop, then gives it another minute for caution after the shooting stopped.

Kamui cautiously walks in to this, new to him, space. On approaching the door, he looks a woman that was reloading her rifle. Then saw the cutouts what looked like Mantis bushi. "Ha, cute..." He says at them. Kamui is not sure is he should be offended or not, because Crane and Mantis are allies.

“Oh, Daidoji-san. I’m sorry if I disturbed you.”
Shoan appears to be refitting some of the cutouts with her own scanned images.

“It seemed as though everyone was at the funeral... which I probably did not forget about.”
She bows politely
“I am Shoan of the Murame who serve the Ikoma.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:17 pm 
"Oh no, Murame-san. I am Daidoji Kamui." He bows to her. "I was going to the shooting range to do some repair and practice myself. Then I heard shoots from some other area, so I decided to see where it was coming from."

"So, you said a funeral, huh? I never met the deceased outside of being around him in the miai events." He puts his case down on the floor. "Did you know him?"

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:22 pm 
Daidoji Kamui wrote:
"Oh no, Murame-san. I am Daidoji Kamui." He bows to her. "I was going to the shooting range to do some repair and practice myself. Then I heard shoots from some other area, so I decided to see where it was coming from."

"So, you said a funeral, huh? I never met the deceased outside of being around him in the miai events." He puts his case down on the floor. "Did you know him?"

“Kuni-san? Only in passing. He seemed a decent samurai, not someone who deserved to be eaten by a giant monster. I hope his next journey across the wheel is less... short.”
Shoan is frowning slightly.

“I... was actually unaware his funeral was right now. But it explains much.”
She gestures to the urban combat course behind her.
“But perhaps we can honour his memory in our own way. Do you have a firearm on you Daidoji-san?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:33 pm 
Kamui looks down at his rifle case. "Yes, yes, I do." He kneels down and opens on the case to show his Crane rifle to her. "I will need a minute to assemble it. But, sure, we can memory him as a fellow soldier."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 pm 
Daidoji Kamui wrote:
Kamui looks down at his rifle case. "Yes, yes, I do." He kneels down and opens on the case to show his Crane rifle to her. "I will need a minute to assemble it. But, sure, we can memory him as a fellow soldier."

“Excellent. I’ve never run through combat drills with a member of your clan before. I’ll be watching very closely.”
The Lion disappears into the course and sounds of various construction can be heard
“Just let me know when you’re ready and we can begin.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:17 am 
"Alright." He says with a raised voice.

Kamui works to assemble his weapon quickly and a fast check of the scope. He flips the rifle from safe to training mode.

"Okay, ready to go." He looks around the course and goes the nearest corner to get out of range.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:21 am 
Daidoji Kamui wrote:
"Alright." He says with a raised voice.

Kamui works to assemble his weapon quickly and a fast check of the scope. He flips the rifle from safe to training mode.

"Okay, ready to go." He looks around the course and goes the nearest corner to get out of range.

Calling out from somewhere deep in the course
“Okay! There are three hostages in here Daidoji-san and a large group of hostiles. Your goal is to find and extract the friendlies and eliminate enemy combatants. I’ll also be running around trying to make life difficult for you as you do. Good hunting!”

And then the course goes quiet.

The first building in front of Kamui looks like the exterior of a grocers, a pair of open doors or even the front windows could be an entry point. But perhaps there are others...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:59 am 
"Alright." he says under his breath. "Hum, wide open doors"

He moves quickly into cover spots few times to get a idea of the situation up front. Not seeing anything, he moves to the side of the building, and crouches down to check for enemies outside and if then might be a side door.

Most worry about front and back doors, but frequently don't check for side doors.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:03 am 
Daidoji Kamui wrote:
"Alright." he says under his breath. "Hum, wide open doors"

He moves quickly into cover spots few times to get a idea of the situation up front. Not seeing anything, he moves to the side of the building, and crouches down to check for enemies outside and if then might be a side door.

Most worry about front and back doors, but frequently don't check for side doors.

It looks like there is a small side door up a flight of stairs, probably what the staff would use. No signs of enemy activity outside but Kamui would probably spot at least one cutout deeper inside the story behind the counter. Friend or foe? To hard to tell from here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:36 am 
Kamui carefully moves up to the door. He remembers he's got night vision goggles, but they are in the rifle case. He was too quick to get ready.

He slides into the room and going under cover, and tries to see if he can make out friend or foe with his normal scope. It looks like the Mantis green foes. He trains a line on the cutout, and fires a shot.

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool Rex 3 + Firearms 3: 6d10o10k3 [Day 6 EM] Tacticool Rex 3 + Firearms 3 = 49

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:42 am 
Daidoji Kamui wrote:
Kamui carefully moves up to the door. He remembers he's got night vision goggles, but they are in the rifle case. He was too quick to get ready.

He slides into the room and going under cover, and tries to see if he can make out friend or foe with his normal scope. It looks like the Mantis green foes. He trains a line on the cutout, and fires a shot.

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool Rex 3 + Firearms 3: 6d10o10k3 [Day 6 EM] Tacticool Rex 3 + Firearms 3 = 49

The cutout, which has a full size headshot of the river monster pasted over its head, explodes.
It looks like there are two more river monster cutouts standing behind a shorter cutout with Koryn’s head pasted on it among the store’s aisles.

Cleary the hostage will be in danger unless Kamui can move fast and take out the hostiles behind the Koryn cutout!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:52 pm 
Kamui aims his rifle the left upper side of the left monster cutout. Fires off another round and hits. He hit the mark.

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Reflexes 3 + Firearms 3 + raise 2) = TN 30: 8d10o10k3 31

He aims for the upper right of the right monster cutout, and fires a another shot.

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Reflexes 3 + Firearms 3 + raise 2) = TN 30: 8d10o10k3 27

He missed the mark.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:21 pm 
Daidoji Kamui wrote:
Kamui aims his rifle the left upper side of the left monster cutout. Fires off another round and hits. He hit the mark.

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Reflexes 3 + Firearms 3 + raise 2) = TN 30: 8d10o10k3 31

He aims for the upper right of the right monster cutout, and fires a another shot.

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Reflexes 3 + Firearms 3 + raise 2) = TN 30: 8d10o10k3 27

He missed the mark.

The surviving monster cutout bobbles up and down, a little speaker playing a pre-recorded message
"Ah ha ha ha! Now I will consume the Kuni!"
The Koryn cutout does the same
"No! I do not want to be consumed, I am a fine young samurai"
The two targets start sliding deeper into the store on a track, moving out of line of sight of Kamui. If the Daidoji can maybe get into melee with the monster cutout, or find some other way of taking it out, there's a chance. But if not, then Koryn-Cutout will perish!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:16 pm 
Kamui starts running after the monster cutout. He will hope he get a shot off with his sidearm in melee range.

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Reflexes 3 + Firearms 3 - Melee range) = TN 25: 6d10o10k3 22

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Reflexes 3 + Firearms 3 - Melee range) = TN 25: 6d10o10k3 20

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Reflexes 3 + Firearms 3 - Melee range) = TN 25: 6d10o10k3 19

Kamui tried to save the hostage, but was not able to. All 3 shots missing the target.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:20 pm 
Daidoji Kamui wrote:
Kamui starts running after the monster cutout. He will hope he get a shot off with his sidearm in melee range.

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Reflexes 3 + Firearms 3 - Melee range) = TN 25: 6d10o10k3 22

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Reflexes 3 + Firearms 3 - Melee range) = TN 25: 6d10o10k3 20

[Day 6 EM] Tacticool (Reflexes 3 + Firearms 3 - Melee range) = TN 25: 6d10o10k3 19

Kamui tried to save the hostage, but was not able to. All 3 shots missing the target.

With an artificial roar the monster cutout slams its head down on the Koryn cutout.... respect in piece cardboard-san.

The grocer goes dark as the Course speakers crackle to life l:

“Daidoji-san, you fought well, but this hostage did not survive. Do you think Kuni-san was saveable?”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:05 am 
"Well, for startings, remember all of my equipment firstly. I have night vision googles in my rifle case..." Kamui says towards the darkness that the voice came from.

"And, maybe a katana in melee instead of my sidearm. But, I do not have one here." He looks around his surroundings for a moment.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:15 am 
Daidoji Kamui wrote:
"Well, for startings, remember all of my equipment firstly. I have night vision googles in my rifle case..." Kamui says towards the darkness that the voice came from.

"And, maybe a katana in melee instead of my sidearm. But, I do not have one here." He looks around his surroundings for a moment.

“A warrior makes do with what he has Daidoji-san. Do you think those monsters would have waited for you? We must be bold! Swift!”

There’s a sound of some grunting and then the back doors to the store are opened
“Your second challenge awaits! This time we shall test that same speed and surety of action.”

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next