It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Cleaning Up [D7 LA]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:40 am 
"Oh! I see. Like when a toy rolls under the table when someone disagreeable is sitting there and...it's just easier to maybe come back later or forget about it." She shakes her head. "You're all groundlings to some of us, but I don't think that has the same meaning as rural. I didn't realize they were so separate from life here in the settlement."

She listens quietly to Mai-chin's strategies regarding the drones. "If they're usually a bit tough to deal with, well they may actually be dangerous to someone poking around there now, no? But that's...well, not my call to make."

The Osprey nods at the offer to pass things up the chain of command. "I'd appreciate it being passed along, yes, and grateful. I don't think a comm message from me to any of those folks would get to them until some assistant got to it three days from now, and that might be getting a bit late to act."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:13 am 
Chiruha gave a sheepish smile at Mal-Chin, "Well, probably less so to do with security drone and more to do with wildlife survey drones. I know I must have lost two in that area and I'd be more than happy to give you a print out of missing drones from my department if you'd like a reason to go out there and help out at the same time."

She gravitated toward the computer terminals to the corner of the room, they were old and bulky devices that were older than people's grandparents. The black and green text screens were a good indication of that, alongside the old mechanical keyboards that went clack, clack, clack.

She began trying to find a record list and looked back at the two in the middle of her search, "I don't often speak to my father as much as you'd think but thankfully the Shiro is filled with samurai who serve the magistrate. I can make a report and I'm sure it'll end up relatively at the top of the list. I'd be careful recovering these drones. I suppose it's probably more akin to having baseball go threw someone's window and not wanting to ask for the ball back."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:46 am 
"It might be something, if we're going to have a bunch of members of the miai who're going to poke their noses in whether or not they should." He looks to Mumei. "No offense intended to those who you've worked with, but it is our clans who have the primary responsibility for the planet, and the Phoenix have the lion's share. We've got a responsibility for all of them, but we don't really know enough to tell them to stay out of it. Could you..." He pauses looks to Chiruha. "That is, if I'm not beyond my bounds...could you at least give them that excuse Mumei-san? It might help."

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:11 am 
"Right...baseball." says the space-raised Osprey, assuming that was some kind of experience groundling kids had. "I don't expect I'll necessarily hear anything, but I'm happy to pass this along in person too if they end up wanting to talk to me."

Looking to Mai-chin she adds, "you mean, looking for lost drones? Yeah. I mean, people are enjoying running around and seeing the world even this stuff to look into, but drone hunting after today's events makes sense too."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:55 pm 
A quick nod of affirmation.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:22 pm 
Brzzt, zzz, zzz, zzzt...

The dot-matrix-esque printer went to work after Chiruha gave the order to the terminal to start printing a recent list of lost drones that were in the area. There weren't too many, just seven drones in the last year and any others had been long written off the records by then.

"Here you go," she said as she handed Mal-Chin the list, "Careful going out there, I suspect some might have been turn into a reaver's chew toy or could have become a nest for some of the bugs. Don't go out of your way to retrieve them but any data regarding their condition would help and we could write them off accordingly."

"Also, the authority of the Robotics Club isn't that great," she said with a sheepish smile, "as much as I would like it to be. It won't get you through the door if you're trespassing. I suppose you could throw down my name or that of Chief Kishi-sama if it helps at all."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:08 pm 
"It's a way to do some good, while maybe getting more information. Thank you." He takes the page, bowing a little. "Seven is still a goodly amount for one area."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:32 am 
"It is...but we try to be as thorough as possible in our job thought there is often a big blank space on our migration map toward the direction of the temple."

She sighed softly, "Now I hope this peculiar business at the temple isn't due to our overly curious survey going into their private territory. Maybe we should ask next time then assume."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:56 am 
He frowns at that. "I can't think of how the drones would cause the earth kami to tell everyone to flee." He shrugs a little. "I do think I know that even if they're entirely accurate, we don't have enough to abandon the planet. If that is actually what needs to happen, we'll need to know more."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:33 am 
Mumei nods. "Yeah, I'd rather keep that from happening, honestly. Not just because I'm one of the people on this planet and all." She looks at Mai-chin. "Be careful. I've got no idea if they'd be dangerous to folks pestering too close."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:50 am 
A quick nod. "Hai, of course."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:53 am 
Chiruha gave a soft nod, looking at Mal-Chin out of concern. "Yes, please do. From what you've told me, they are peculiar and concerning but I would fear what they could be capable of if they were truly annoyed. I will speak to my father and the magistrate about this, is there anything I can do for the both of you?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:32 am 
"Do you have any idea what I should do with a dinner at Snow-Moon-Flower?" He asks, a little out of his depth.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:19 am 
She gave him a big blink at the question and then smiled sheepishly, "Uhm...you could consider taking someone you find pleasant there? Maybe a good acquaintance or a friend?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:41 am 
He assessed that suggestion.

"Want to celebrate Fan-Con afterwards with me then?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:58 am 
That was absolutely the point for Mumei to acknowledge the 'I'll talk to dad, need anything else,' with a quick bow and a "Thankyousoverymuch,enjoyyourday,fortunesfavoryou, bye!" before spinning on the ball of one foot to head off in the other direction.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:37 am 
"That would probably depend if they need me for clean-up and they probably will. I might have to be pretty late, if that's fine with you," she nodded and turned her attention to the fleeing Osprey.

"Oh...take care, Nakauchi-san!" she said in return, giving her a quick bow.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:13 am 
Mal-Chin paused and bowed to the retreating Osprey. "Okay!"

"If they'll still have a room available. It'd be fine with me."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:34 am 
Chiruha nodded enthusiastically at the proposal, "That works! Let me know through a communicator message when you get a room and I'll meet you then! If it's an outside table, that's fine too, I'm not picky. It's been forever since I've had a meal there! It'll be a treat already!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:45 am 
"Will do! Hopefully we'll be celebrating a success!"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next