It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Sword In the Morning (D8 EM)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:48 pm 
Ishiyo changed out her service uniform for a traditional training outfit. As before she had brought her daisho with her and carried them to one of the open rooms. Seating herself near the middle, she took a breath and began to center herself in preparation for the morning's practice.

She managed some measure of calm, though was not able to completely let go of the world around her.

-------------
Meditation/Void. Untrained. Fluff roll.: 2d10 10

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

Post subject: Re: Sword In the Morning (D8 EM)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:37 pm 
Shokomaru was wandering the dojo for once...well, the second time. He thought about putting in more target practice, but yawned hard and decided he should sleep sitting up.

Ah, meditation.

Where? He passed one of the halls and saw a pretty bird sitting in silence. With a smile a bit warmer than he'd meant (not that she would notice), the Spider Chuui wandered into the training hall and grabbed a seat next to Ishiyo, cross legged.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:46 pm 
Ishiyo opened her eyes, rose and seated her daisho in its place at her hip. Without saying a word she flipped the blade and struck the air. It was a good strike, but Ishiyo's frustration was writ on her face. She resheathed the blade and sighed.

"Hello Daigotsu-sama." Her blue eyes finally shifted to him, she made her way over to the weapons rack and carefully placed her daisho, retrieving a bokken. "I hope you do not mind if I continue my practice." She smiled at that, "I will not disturb you-eh sleeping."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm 
"Compassionate as always", he said in a low voice, like he might actually be sleeping. Though he did open one eye to watch her perform her careful movements, placing the daisho down, picking up the bokken. The Crane tend to ritualize everything more than any other clan, so it was a treat to see, in a lot of ways.

A bit into her practice he relaxed rather than pretend to meditate however, and watched her train her skills. She wasn't bad, better than him, anyway.

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:31 pm 
For her part the Crane woman ran through some basic kata, focusing on footwork and strikes. The dual sounds of her bare feet moving on the padded floor and the whoosh of the bokken as it split the air. If left uninterrupted she would continue for several minutes, paying little attention to the Spider. Though he could see it was only because of her focus as she worked toward perfecting her form and technique.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:56 pm 
Another 'compassionate' soul arrived to the dojo this morning. Hyeon-ju paused at the dojo's entrance, kneeling to bow properly to the room before rising to step inside, bare-feet and wearing hakama and gi.

She bowed to the place of honor in the dojo, before offering a silent bow to the other samurai present.

Picking a bokken for herself, the Utaku began with gentle movements with the wooden weapon to warm up.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:07 am 
Shokomaru returned the courtesy to the Unicorn maiden, but remained seated to study Ishiyo. He wasn't really there to work out, or interrupt anything or anyone.

Just a spider about on the floor that might get stepped on, really.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:29 am 
Ishiyo paused in her kata, "Utaku-san, come to clear you-eh mind as well?" She returned the bow finally, "I must confess my own sword skill has greatly diminished in place of my flying skills." Her voice was cheerful.

Blue eyes flick to the Spider, "Are you hoping to learn the secrets of the Kakita, Daigotsu-sama? I am not Kenshinzen."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:44 am 
He shook his head. "I have loftier goals, but they also strangely don't matter right now. So i was enjoying the moment of watching you earn your skill."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:54 am 
"Daidoji-sama, good morning," she greeted calmly, pausing in her warmup routine. "Just keeping my skills sharp - if I wished to clear my mind, I would probably be renting something to drive or fly." There was some humor there. Very small and dry, but it was there.

"It's important to make sure we don't let our skills with the blade diminish either, even as pilots." If her own had diminished, she wouldn't say.

The interaction between the Crane and Spider was given a curious look.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:07 am 
"Well, Utaku-san certainly is looking lovely today", he observed. "I know it's not the best moment to say so, but I think it suits you well. Was there an occasion?"

The spider faced her, still sitting cross legged.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:17 am 
"An occassion?" she rose an eyebrow. "The occassion is that I endeavour to look my best every day, Daigotsu-sama. But thank you for the compliment. It is nice that one's efforts is noticed." He was even given a small nod of her head at that, to show she was sincere.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:18 am 
"I do not know Utaku-sama, there is something soothing about a performing a kata." Ishiyo dips her bokken and brings it up in the basic stance: one foot forward and the blade held pointing up at an angle in front of her. "But I suppose a good chance to pass over the trees again would be even more soothing." She flowed to the next stance, sword held facing downward and behind her, feet shifted into opposite positions.

"Loftier goals Daigotsu-sama?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:22 am 
"Well we're all tools for our lords, like weapons are tools for us, hmm?" he said and scooted back a bit, settling with his legs folded beneath him in seiza instead. "So coming to the dojo...while keeping myself sharp is important, my job is a bit different, I suppose."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:22 pm 
"How so, Daigotsu-sama?" Hyeon-ju asked as she resumed her warm up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:43 pm 
"Well, just like you inspect a sword for sharpness and balance, I have to watch bushi for their skill and talent. There's a war brewing, after all", he explained. "A miai gives opportunity to add another valuable weapon to my lord's arsenal."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:00 pm 
Ishiyo made a small dash forward and a strike, then stepped back and into the guard position again. "Are the Spideh finding themselves in need of people skilled with the katana? I would assume skill with firearms the more desirable trait these days, Daigotsu-sama."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:30 pm 
"Any and all things a bushi can do eventually find use on the battlefield", the Spider maintained his position. "Even their ability to hold conservation is an edge in some situations. Though to katana in particular, sometimes your rifle is too cumbersome due to close quarters. Though really, even for a pilot, i think kenjutsu can show their dedication, which reflects on their ability in general."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:51 pm 
"I agree with Daigotsu-sama in that the sword should be practiced as well as the firearm. A samurai should be able to fight in most conditions, be it sword or radiant weapon." She gave an approving nod.

"Besides, it is tradition, and one worth preserving."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:08 pm 
Ishiyo was a bit surprised at the two's words, "As you say mina-sama." Her other thoughts on the manner were muted behind a series of quick strikes and dashing movements to close or open the distance between herself and some imagined opponent.

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next