It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: [D8:EA] My little Robot
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:32 pm 
He chukled "I see, i see"

He started Y4SUK1 Bot "Master?" the bot asked.
"Hey, lil Yasuki-bot, could you make some tea?"
"Of course, Master!" it replied and started to brew some tea.

He looked around a bit looking at the various things on display, half finished projects and repair orders. "Can't make progress withtout causing a mess, huh?" he said with a smile. "I like it though, a lot to do, things to organize and resources to manage. I can see why you're so active at this club."

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:50 am 
Chiruha gave an impressed nod at the drone when it got to brewing some tea for them.

"Ah, well..." she gave a shrug of her shoulders in a bashful manner, "I suppose half of my brain does gravitate toward anything with a complex system, which isn't limited to just machinery and the like. Managing a club and working with a committee is one of those things too! So long it's something I can be hands-on about!"

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:47 am 
He saw Chiruha impression and said "I mean, that's the one thing he was pretty good in"
He listen to her, then nodded.
"I can see that, these things offer problems, wich can be seen as challenges. And to go heads on with a challenge can be fun."

As long as it doesen't involve mushroom zombies, Maho-Tsukai or whatever Sora is up to, he thought.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:25 pm 
"I almost kind of feel that we've done a few things that are to my own interests already," she giggled, "maybe next time when we meet, we could do something that you like doing, Nishida-sama? I'd say we could do something relating to your duties but I'm sure you'd rather not when you're away from home and focus on your own marital affairs. However, I'd also be willing to give that a try too!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:50 pm 
"It's not as if I don't like it too, besides,... I,.. I like to spend time with you, Chiruha-san"he said, a bit more akward than his usual, calm self.

"Uhm,....

Have you ever played Go? I know it's ancient, but i would love to play it with someone else than Akechi."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:01 am 
"Oh...yeah?" she asked rhetorically as she began to blush. Her gaze went elsewhere as she tried to hide it, "I almost thought that you were just putting up with what I did. I wouldn't consider it offensive if you didn't see an interest in what I did, not all people do...but that's good, I'm glad that you do, Nishida-sama..."

"No...I haven't really played Go before, other than on my densai once but it doesn't seem all that fun when paired up with a program. It's probably different with someone else as an opponent? I'm willing to give it a try! Do you play on a densai or do you have a traditional set?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:30 am 
He gave her a sheepish smile with a faint blush, until a certain bot exclaimed: "Tea is ready, Master!" and presented two cups. Nishida gave one to Chiruha and one to himself, he took a sip and then cleared his throat:

"Unfortunately only on the Densai, on journeys a Go board is only unnecessary ballast and the admirals of the merchant fleet are quite strict about what is allowed on board and what not. It is already a fight to take Mochi on a ship every time."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:54 pm 
"Thank you," she said with a chuckle as she received the tea from the robot.

"Oh," she said with a smidge odisappointed. She was admittedly expecting that he did, considering he did have a tea set with him, "but that's fine! Games on densai are good too, especially when I don't really play that much. It'll be a good learning experience, especially with a human opponent who will very likely give me some pointers too!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:17 pm 
Y4SUK1-Bot beeped happily at the thankful remark.

Hmmm, maybe i could organise a physical board? Would the Library have one? I mean, Go is ancient, maybe they have one? he thought.

"It really is a better game against a human, but if you play to often against the same opponent, things become predictable,... not to insult my servant Akechi, but he repeats the same moves over and over" he took a sip from his cup.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:10 pm 
"Would it better to face off against a novice or amateur at the game?" She smirked. "I think I recall there were handicaps involved in that game, I suppose we could start off with those for my first game but I'm perfectly fine playing without them too. I want do want to make the game worth your while but I also want to play the game as intended, if that's what you strive for in a game."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:19 am 
"If it is your first time, I would of course play with handicap. The main part of the fun is finding out what makes the other person tick. Does he or she play aggressively or defensively? Determined or hesitant? Far or tall? It's these little details of the game that can bring you insight about the other person...

At least I think so. As I said, I played countless rounds against Akechi and I think I know him pretty well."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:24 am 
She nodded in realization. "Hmm...with a game with so many variables, I would have thought that each game could be different given the possibilities you could do. Infinite, even! That's not the case then? So perhaps the choices in the game are more narrow, depending on how you know the person, then? Do you also attend gatherings or tournaments for the game? I imagine they would be a real test of skill for all involved, especially when you're playing competitively and are also unfamiliar with your opponent."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:53 am 
"Well, every game can be different, but if the person behind it has remained the same, no surprise awaits you." he thought about all those games against Akechi.

"If I ever find the time, I will test my skills in a tournament, but no, I have not yet participated in any tournaments." he took a sip from his cup and looked at the console again. in the bottom right corner he glanced over the clock.

"It is getting a little late, Chiruha-san, and I am afraid my duties will take me somewhere else soon. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful meeting."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:55 pm 
"Oh, that's fine. I think we've done a lot together today," she smiled as Nishida prepared to make his leave, "If you ever want to work on your drone some more, there's always this corner of the dojo grounds that you're more than welcome to. You should be able to catch me time to time but you know my contact. Maybe some games next time?"

She stood from her seat and bowed politely. "It was good seeing you again, Nishida-sama, thank you for visiting. A pleasure on working with Y4SUK1, too!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:12 am 
"It was my pleasure too!" he said and bowed. "Until we met again, Chiruha-san".

He quickly took his stuff and leaved.

/exit

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:30 am 
Chiruha waved as Nishida left,

After a moment, she turned on a terminal and got to work on some coding.

/scene

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2