It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: [Day Eight - Late Afternoon] Back to the Drawing Board
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:16 am 
Improving a drone!

Drone enthusiasts are known to spend a great deal of time on their custom drone. While inferior to most models found in military use by the Great Clans, drone enthusiast have accepted that their creation is custom built by them and every improvement is tailor-made to their needs. With enough work, a drone might even excel beyond those in common circulation. However, this requires a great amount of commitment and sometimes working on a single custom drone might even take years before it reaches its intended form and use.

From here on out, drones are improved with the XP system.

To raise its machine XP for raising traits, the drone enthusiast must roll Engineering/Intelligence to a cumulative TN of 90 for 1 XP.
To raise its programming XP for raising skills, the drone enthusiast must roll Computer (Programming)/Intelligence to a cumulative TN of 90 for 1 XP.

Drones are limited to one upgrade still, unless the body/chassis is upgraded by buying an improved frame.

A 20-86 chassis will have two upgrade slots and cost 1 koku. A 30-86 will have three upgrade slots and cost 2 koku. To transfer everything from an existing drone to another chassis will require a cumulative check of Engineering/Intelligence or Engineering/Agility at TN60.

To install/swap upgrades (that already exist) will require a cumulative check of Engineering/Intelligence or Engineering/Agility at TN60.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:45 pm 
"...Of course, I'm still here too!" she exclaimed after rambling through the basic of improving and upgrading a custom drone. "I'm more than happy to discuss and talk ideas for drones, help out to if need be! I'm sure that the Bring-Fan-Con-to-Asakaze Committee might try to pull me away more but at the very least, the shed here has all the tools and is open from early afternoon to sundown."

She gave a glance to the children reading renga. They have to close to ensure they got home. There have been complaints.

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:55 pm 
"Well, I am going to have to ask what this Fan Con is, but first, what would it take to make the drones wirelessly speak to each other? Building receivers and transmitters, I am sure, but also some sort of guidance program where a leader could pass instructions?"

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:36 am 
"It would depend on the sort of instructions that you'd want to give it, I think there have been a few people who've fiddled with programming like that even on the wildlife surveillance drones. I think transmission strength is something you'll have to consider as many of our surveillance drones often get lost, either not enough power to continue the mission or we're giving them instructions to turn when they've already fallen off the cliff."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2