It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [EA4] - Afternoon Delight [Tian Bubble Tea]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:38 am 
He felt chided a bit by the look, turning a little red. "Ah, well. Yes. I suppose I was trying to be a bit more roundabout in trying to ascertain what the great hunt may be tomorrow." Clearing his throat, he gave Moriko a tiny smile. "It is good work that you do."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:21 am 
Moriko chuckled, "now that would be telling, not that they tell me anything." She thought for a moment, "I wasn't kidding about the centipedes, though, they can get to be twelve, fourteen feet long." Her tone was cheerful, but there was a definite sense that she wasn't teasing.

GEAR: Sidearm, Webgun, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Sundries.
Accompanied by Ten, a shiba inu.

She floats so soft inside his web...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:14 am 
"Interesting. I suppose it takes a different style of hunting to track and defeat such a threat. But that is something my training may help me with." He swirled the boba tea with the large straw, idly thinking, trying to mitigate that wrongness he knew was always about him.

"I have found Asakaze to be a very lovely planet, from what I have been able to experience. The forest was aweinspiring. Very different from Shiragiku.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:09 pm 
"I've never been off-world," Moriko tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. It immediately fell forward again. "Tell me about Shiragiku."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:35 am 
It was a curious motion, attractive even, as she brushed the stray hair back. He smiled, and shrugged. "It is an agriworld. Overcast often, the architecture of our buildings is stark and brutalist. The fields themselves are lovely. The people hardworking." A long drink from the bubble tea.

"The realm of Gaki-Do does bleed over, unfortunately. Our priests are excellent at stopping them, but... sometimes things happen." He spoke low, but serious. "I had a good childhood, growing up there."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:16 am 
She nodded along, smiling, the conversation seemed to have eased her trepidation somewhat. He didn't seem so imposing, so... disturbing like this. His description made it sounds somewhat like her own childhood, but she wasn't about to insult him by suggesting that out loud. "A good childhood," she agreed. Wholesome, honest, like all good samurai.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:42 am 
"What was it like growing up here?" He leaned back, an arm draped over the back of his chair, one leg now crossed over his knee, ankle resting yhere. "Your family life? If you do not mind me being so bold."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:58 am 
Cheerfully, Moriko finished her drink, toying with the straw and considering getting a refill. "My childhood was great, I grew up on the Futago ranch, my parents manage the farm and the breeding. I helped with the otori and explored the forests as soon as I could walk. If you think wrangling an otori was challenging, imagine trying to get a ten year old inside for their lessons on a hot afternoon."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:43 pm 
"I can imagine that. Why would one want to be cooped up inside when the weather was favorable." He chuckled slightly, scooping out a few of the tapioca pearls. "Or when one has discovered something they truly enjoy exploring."

The drink was finished, quite refreshing, even if it was just a little too sweet.

"Hard question time. Other than the previously discussed respect for the Otori, what other qualities do you look for in a spouse?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:04 pm 
“Respect for all living things,” Moriko answered without hesitation, “someone who understands that killing isn’t the only answer, and is willing to put in a little extra effort. We could kill the beasties that threaten the herds, or we could relocate them and make their nesting sites inhospitable so they move away on their own.”

“The best things take a little more effort,” she added. The young woman frowned deeply, her brow furrowing as she examined the bottom of her drink cup. “None of that matters,” she started abruptly, “the only things I am looking for in a spouse are a good bloodline and their willingness to join the Phoenix.” Moriko set the cup aside firmly, “we don’t ask the otori who they want to mate with,” she shrugged, a determined look about her, “this fanciful nonsense about compatibility is for movies and children’s stories.”

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:15 am 
His eyes focused on hers as she spoke, unnervingly, he did not blink more than a few times, slowly. Listening intently, as if making mental notes.

"It could matter. Ideally someone who aids the goals of your Clan, would also take the time to get to know you. To want to work with you, since the marriage is until the end. To feel otherwise... is a disservice to ones Lord." He slowly replied, a hand tapping on the table. "Though we all know one matters over the other. My Clan requires... good breeding, to put it bluntly. Our children must be stronger than the parents before. With no risk of weakness." Again, he focused on her face.

Then a slow smile.

"We absolutely agree on something. The best things do take effort, and thus, are truly worth pursuing."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:41 am 
Moriko held the Spider's gaze, jaw set. She was poorly equipped for battles of the will, but sometimes the mood hit her just right, and her stubbornness took over. It was not a comfortable experience, though, and sweat prickled along her spine, uncomfortable in the already humid atmosphere.

His tapping nearly distracted her, her eyes flicking to Ryuu's hand for the briefest of moments before returning. "Then we find ourselves at an impasse, Daigotsu-san, as we a both require a spouse to join our Clans." As unnerving as she found his appearance, he was handsome, with his Crane ancestry clearly expressed in his eyes and fine features.

His smile acted as some kind of release or vent, letting her break eye contact, her cheeks reddening and silken strands falling over her eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:49 am 
"I am not under any requirement to have one join the Spider, or me leave. My directives are simple. Pursue strengthening current alliances, or reach out for new ones." An eyebrow raised, a slight hint of red.

"I was... not aware I was under such consideration, Shiba-san." He confessed, hand stilling.

"I am sorry for moving into such blunt conversation. I do not mean to make you uncomfortable. I know I am... disconcerting to many."

Last edited by Daigotsu Ryuu on Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:01 am 
Already embarrassed by her admission, Moriko's cheeks turned bright pink, "there is nothing to apologise for, that is why we are here, no?" Not one to be easily suppressed, however, she raised her head once more, making brief eye contact. "All of the participants are under consideration, except for my sister, of course," she explained, though it was fairly obvious she was making an excuse that would release both of them from the awkwardness.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:53 am 
He stopped all movements. Eyes focused on Moriko. "Then I shall be bolder. Could you find joy in being wedded to a Spider?" He remained neutral, face flush. He wished to gauge her.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:37 am 
Moriko took a deep breath, aware she was being tested. Honesty was a core tenet of Bushido, and she tried to formulate an answer that was both true, and straightforward. "Perhaps. Duty comes first, joy is what we make of it. Should my spouse be willing, I'm certain I—we—could find ways to create joy in our lives." Just don't ask me to live on one of those Spider deathworlds, she kept that part to herself. The Phoenix found herself wondering if this Spider had a tender side, the side that appreciated the fine arts, or if she just hoped he did.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:12 am 
He did not move as she spoke, only watching. A small sound of understanding as she finished. "My mother was a Doji. She was married to my father during terms of a trade negotiation. They did not meet until their wedding day." Ryuu leaned in, head tilted slightly.

"I am their firstborn. I was told, by both of them, that duty demanded their marriage. However, they worked. They conversed. I do not know how much time it took, but I do know that my childhood? They very much had, and still do have, the blessings of Benten and Hotei. Not because of love at first sight, or any initial feeling. But because they decided to work together, to build a life, together."

A small smile. "That is the example that was set for me. It is the example I would follow." Ryuu's eyes caught the light, the intensity focused on her. "Whoever I am with, I am with for life. It would be a waste to not work with them, to try and earn a fraction of what my parents have worked for."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:24 am 
Moriko smiled, her cheeks still rosy pink, "this conversation has been most illuminating, and very enjoyable. Would you be interested in meeting again? I should like to know more about this music and theatre you mentioned." Someone had told her that she was too 'rural' for the tastes of the Spider Clan, and that had suited her just fine, up until this conversation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:39 am 
Ryuu nodded. "I very much would enjoy that." He reached for a napkin, and legibly wrote out his communicator information. Sliding it over to her, he smiled. "Feel free to reach out to me. Perhaps we could go out... maybe the day after tomorrow?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:47 pm 
"I think that would be excellent," she drew her communicator from a pocket and swiftly entered his information before she had a chance to lose it, or forget she had it. A moment later, Ryuu's own communicator would chime.
Message from Unknown Sender wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next