It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: We're all just dancing. (Day 11 Early Night, Bluebird)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:36 am 
"Ah, it's... a bit more than just that," she wasn't sure how to explain it, but before having to come up with it, Yul began to sing.

And that was one she had heard many times before too, and Hyeon-ju found herself shaking her head with an amused expression on her features.

"I don't think they heard you all the way to the Kiyonami with that singing, Yul," the Utaku joked and rubbed her ears. "Maybe you tell your girlfriend why you're called Cricket."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:49 am 
Yul flashed a somewhat sheepish smile. "Well... yeah, it actually is luck. First dogfight I was in, I went out a little too far, an enemy locked on a missile, I failed to evade, the alarms were getting louder... I thought I was done for."

He swallowed. "Anyway, I hear this loud clonk from the rear, my ship shakes a bit, and that's it. The thing had a faulty detonator."

Gently, Yul cleared his throat. "I've gotten a lot better at flying since then. Anyway, that pretty much settled the nickname." He gave Hyeon-ju a funny look, but didn't say anything, looking back to Mumei instead.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:50 am 
"Does it have something to do with how loudly he sings?" Hayato asked with a chuckle. It wasn't a bad rendition though, and it had gotten some enthusiastic applause.

A subtle look was given to Hyeon-ju, and he raised an eyebrow. Would that count as dedicating a song too? "Though if we're getting the one story as my family were once know as the Wasp i wouldn't mind hearing the other."

He paused a moment later though and waited to hear the story. Seems like the other man was lucky indeed.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:57 am 
Taking a sip of her beer, Hyeon-ju looked away from Yul, some of her good humor gone.

"The story of my callsign isn't anywhere as that entertaining. More like a result of some people's idea of a joke."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:04 am 
"Well, you've already heard mine." He offered with a smile to Hyeon-ju. "I won't press for it though." His eyes moved towards Yul. "I might try to borrow some of Yul-san's luck though."

He reached down to rub a spot on his lower right side. "First time i really got into it I was out of it for quite a while." Ranger squads generally didn't field Shugenja after all.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:05 am 
The Osprey tries, mostly successfully, not to laugh at the lyrical mumbly spots. The drink was really useful for that, actually. Her smile was equal parts fond and exasperated. "I'm not sure the mike was really needed, there. Your voice'll last longer if you let it do the work, hmm?"

Her expression blanks for just a moment at the tale, finding it hard to laugh at even very definitely past tense mortal danger. She finishes her drink, to hide the expression. "Wow. Yeah, you'd pretty much have to get a luck-related name after that," she says with a gentle smile, as she sets the glass down, before looking to Hyeon-ju to see if that tale was also forthcoming.

The response makes her frown a bit, glancing to Yul with a hint of concern. "Then no need to repeat it. Not everything is for sharing," she says quietly before picking up the mike and selecting the first cheerful tune that catches her eye to lighten the mood.

She starts right where she's sitting, standing as she lets the music move her, encouraging the group to join in on the incredibly easy chorus.
_______
D11 karaoke, cheery tune/Awareness: 4d10o10k3 37

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:26 am 
Yul looked at Hyeon-ju, his expression strange again. "It might have started off that way." He said, his voice soft, difficult to hear over the ambient music. "But we honor our callsigns, and they come to honor the pilot that holds them."

For a moment, it looked like he was going to say more, but then Mumei started her song. And soon, everything was okay again, at least for the moment. He joined in at the choruses, but settled back the rest of the time, watching her with a smile, slowly sipping his drink.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:31 pm 
It seemed that Hayato had really fallen on a landmine when he asked about Hyeon-ju's callsign. Maybe they should just let that particular topic slide under the table. The catchy song from Mumei was a good drop of tension though and He clapped along and joined in on the chourses.

"I'm starting to think that i'm at a disadvantage here, following up Nakauchi-san." He offered as the young woman passed the Mic his way. "You're honestly quite the singer." Hayato offered as he stood to take his shot at another song.

He tried to continue the light tune with another catchy tune from a old phoenix cartoon. It has likely been made to poke fun at how the Mantis did things but Hayato didn't seem to care. He had a hard time keeping up with the fast past lyrics on a song [ur=https://youtu.be/7EHmbrK8KZIl]he didn't know though[/url]. The results thus were quite lackluster.

fluffy singing day 11 round 3: 3d10 9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:10 pm 
It didn't stop Yul from applauding enthusiastically, as usual. It wasn't the quality of the singing that was most important (luckily for him), but the trying.

"Pretty good, Hayato-san." Yul said, raising his beer glass as the other man sat down. "I didn't recognize that one, though. What's it from?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 pm 
More than happy to move on, she thoroughly enjoyed listening to Mumei sing. "I feel like I should have taken singing lessons from Nakauchi-san this miai. You really have a wonderful voice."

Hayato's performance... well, maybe the beer was getting to him. "That was a tough act to follow, well done," smiling, she gave him a small applause.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:30 pm 
"Seems to be some sort of old Phoenix Cartoon?" Hayato replied with a shrug. "I thought it would be pretty catchy." Walking back towards the couch he picked up his glass and took a gulp.

"I don't think my voice was ready for it though." He added with a soft chuckle as he moved to pass the mic first to Yul then to Hyeon-ju if he didn't take it.

"Maybe I should switch back to love songs?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:46 pm 
"Ah that one's barely got a key, and it's in the range of 'any'" Mumei says, quite honestly. Everyone sounds fine singing it. "Don't know that I know enough to teach though. It's not like dancing where I've actually been trained so I've got something to base training others off of."

She listens to the fast-paced cartoon piece, happily encouraging the Tsuruchi through the tongue-twisting speed lyrics. "Ehh, hard to keep up with that one unless you memorized it as a kid."

Setting her empty glass down, she adds, "Next round's mine, I think, when we're ready for it," and waits to see who's up next, leaning back against Yul's arm again.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:56 pm 
It was pleasantly warm and cozy in the little room. And Yul had just finished his second beer. And Mumei's hip felt nice against his. Sighing and smiling, Yul let his arm settle a little further around her shoulder, blissfully unaware of any look Hyeon-ju was giving them.

"Maybe some duets would be good." Yul looked at Mumei, smiling. "What do you say, you and me? I bet we could put on a pretty good show." His lips quirked. "Especially if you sing, and I focus on posing."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:49 pm 
He knew it was coming, but it seemed he hadn't guessed correctly who would first suggest it. A glance towards Hyeon-ju confirmed they were now one and one. He really should of bet on the guy that believed in sky dates, at least in this case.

"If it's duets, I guess that puts me and Hyeon-ju-san together?" Hayato asked a but of amusement in his tone. Bringing his beer up to his lips he took another sip. "As for next rounds, I'm ready whenever."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:54 pm 
She took a long drink of the beer. "Duets... I guess we can give that a go, yes?" a brief chuckle.

Really, Mumei and Yul... she had wondered for a moment if the rumors she heard might've been Ruhe, but it seemed more like something Yul would do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:38 am 
Mumei does enjoy the rather more blatant PDA, but... while Yul may consider everyone friends enough for that relaxed line between public and private, she doesn't, not when she'd only just met one of them. So she only enjoys it for a moment, before leaning forward to scoop the empties together and stack them. "I'll grab that then. I can take a turn with the second duet, however that falls out. Back in a minute."

She pokes the door open with one foot, hands full of glasses and heads to fetch the next round.

Description

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:40 am 
Clearing his throat, Yul sat forward, resting his elbows on his knees.

"So, uh..." He nodded to Hayato. "Seemed like you were gonna tell a story earlier? Something about an injury you had?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:03 am 
"It can wait." He dipped his head towards the door. "Hyeon-ju and I can chat fir a bit."

"Shouldn't you follow her?" The Mantis asked raising a curious eyebrow.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:07 am 
"It's dangerous to go alone," she remarked with some dry humor, taking another swig from the beer.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:24 am 
Yul's lips parted a moment, then he frowned. A moment later, he nodded.

"I guess she could use a hand with the drinks, at least." Yul said. He rose to his feet, swaying only a tiny bit. "We'll be right back."

With that, he slipped out the door. For the moment, Hyeon-ju and Hayato were alone.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next