It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 

Post subject: Birds of a Feather [Day 9, LM, Towa]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:36 pm 
Stepping into the Boutique Ichika's eyes went a little wide. Immediately she leaned down by one of the well-crafted accessories near the front, pausing to think about who it would be cutest on. Placing it back down she smiled as she wandered off a little more into the shop.

Post subject: Re: Birds of a Feather [Day 9, LM, Towa]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:55 pm 
Ishiyo stepped into the store not to long after her cousin. Not quite as stricken with the sights as the Doji, but then again the Daidoji had been to the best the Crane had to offer. She made her way around looking at the sights, curious what all had made it out to the remote colony.

She was pleasantly surprised with the selection actually. But spotting her kin she made her way over. "Looking for something cousin?"

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:00 pm 
Glancing up from peering at something else Ichika's brow raised, then she turned, and for a few micro-seconds she looked at Ishiyo before, "Oh! Daidoji-san!" she said, a burst of a happy-tone. "No! Not really, just looking around to see what they have here, yea?" she smiled brightly.

"We haven't gotten to speak since we met with everyone else! How have you been?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 am 
Ishiyo chuckled nervously, "Yes...I actually have been a pooh clan mate." She rubs her cheek, "Otheh than ou-eh brief foray in the baths. I think I have only messaged Shizuku-san once this whole time. As foh how I am, a little disappointed in my showing yesterday but otherwise well."

She moves over to stand next to her clan mate. "How have you been Doji-san?"

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:58 am 
"No worse than me!" she said, smiling brightly as if it would counteract the nervousness in Ishiyo. "I'm doing well," she nods again, looking from Ishiyo to the thing she was looking at. An emerald green bracelet made with little faux-gemstones that had the appearance of waves upon it.

"Always another showing though, yea?" she said, glancing up to Ishiyo again quickly. "What do you think about this little thing? I figure it comes from a visitor or a traveler or someone.. well, someone who didn't always live here, yea? Somewhere with waves that can be green? Seems like a place that would be pretty.."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:12 pm 
"Could just be artistic license..." Ishiyo studied the bracelet, "Or perhaps a lot of algae or the like in the water. Still nice craftsmanship regardless." She crossed her arms in thought, "I suppose it would look pretty. If the whole ocean was green, it could very well appear like a moving emerald housed in rocky settings from space."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:14 am 
"Right?" she said, smiling brightly. Turning from the bracelet, "Have you made any good progress with the Miai? Any good contenders for a proper match for you and your family?" she asked, raising her brow a little as her smile creeped back onto her expression.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:32 pm 
"A few Doji-san," Ishiyo smiled, "But a few would have to choose me." She picked up a different item and examined it, her smile turns a little wistful. "And a few unexpected things besides."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:28 pm 
"Ooo, unexpected things Daidoji-san? Anything you'd be willing to share?" she asked, a bright smile as she leaned in a little with the question.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:45 pm 
Ishiyo shrugs, "I suppose I should say I expected to concentrate on who would be best foh the family, but the unexpected occurred. Complications if you will. Of course I am still bound to choose a match that would please fatheh so I feah the complications are only going to be painful in the end."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:50 am 
"That's unfortunate Daidoji-san," she said, looking to Ishiyo with a sympathetic look. Stepping a little closer. "Well.. at least you had the time now, yea? Better to have known than never to have known, right?" she said, telling it to someone else too was good practice.

"Little fleeting moments that will pass us by and never return, that's what life is, yea?" she said with a little smile. "Every day is another day we won't repeat."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:15 pm 
"Yes, and I have endeavored to make many of them into memories while I am here." Ishiyo's smile remains melancholic, "What about you Doji-san?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:32 pm 
"I've collected a lot of memories I'll remember forever," she said, a small little smile as she glanced down. "Better or worse, but.. soon.." she said, nodding. "Soon I'll start properly putting them into poems. Then I'll really have them forever, yea?" she said, looking up with a little smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:58 am 
Ishiyo's smile grows more sincere with those last comments, "Ah...yes, art to freeze time and try to express that frozen moment to othehs."

"How long have you been doing this? Since we arrived?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:12 am 
"Remembering moments through poems? I haven't properly written them down since we arrived," she glanced down, chuckling awkwardly. "But," she look back up with a smile that grew brighter by the second. "I do plan to change that, yea? I've been writing poems since I was.." she brought her hand out, measuring off about half-way down her thigh and waving her hand there.

"Always loved how they can just.. capture those fleeting moments, yea?" she said, looking to Ishiyo with that same bright smile.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:03 am 
"Do not forget the otheh half of artistic expression," Ishiyo returned her clan mate's smile, "It lets you share some shadow of the moment with anotheh. Planning on sharing any with you-eh spouse? Perhaps the one describing you-eh first meeting?" She teased.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:35 am 
"Might be hard to track back with.." she laughed, giving a little wave to the surrounding area. "Well, how they do all this stuff with Miai, yea? Might have to actually give a little thought to remembering the exact first meeting," she giggled into the back of her hand.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:22 pm 
Ishiyo chuckled, "Well one can always fall back on the idea the art in question is just trying to give the emotional impact of the moment, if perhaps not the exact details no?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:14 am 
"What I mean is," she giggled a couple notes, "not every person who is a potential match conveys such strong emotions, hmm? At least, not on the first meeting."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:05 am 
Ishiyo waved the comment off, "Artistic license. Sometimes you just have to write what you think you would have felt no? Oh what would be appropriate foh the story. I am sure a lot of lovehs had first meetings they marked as inconsequential only to discoveh theih emotions lateh. So you just add a little embellishment."

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]