It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Late Hours of the FanCon (FanCon. D9, EE)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:36 pm 
The priestess laughed awkwardly. "I suppose it is getting to be that time," she answered, fiddling with her fingers. "I have thought on it... my answer has to do with how I was saying that the Lion and Unicorn have presented themselves admirably at this miai."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:46 pm 
Suzume Shion wrote:
The corner of her lips showed a bit of a grin. Blunt was not bad, really, she thought. Better than not saying what one means.

"Well... always room for improvement. Which's good, would be a pity to do the same thing over and over."

She then looked around for a bit. "Speak of new things, sometimes we find we're better than expected in things, ne?", she says, chuckling silently for a moment. She was obviously no stranger to at least some things in the Con, and she sported a badge of her own, as well as a bag with a book, Otori and Raker plushies and some other things. "Interesting fun, at least? Or interesting... wait why am I good at this I don't even enjoy it like?"

"Indeed, perfection is likely rather boring if you think about it, another word for stagnant. Even if it is stagnation at the top." He mused for a moment.

"It has been interesting good i would say, In my line of duty I dont watch much television or movies. But have done a bit of roleplaying and boardgaming. What of you Suzume-san? You seem to have found a few things that caught your eye."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:06 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
The priestess laughed awkwardly. "I suppose it is getting to be that time," she answered, fiddling with her fingers. "I have thought on it... my answer has to do with how I was saying that the Lion and Unicorn have presented themselves admirably at this miai."

"Hm, I see..." the Utaku seemed thoughtful. Painfully so for a moment, as she thought about the match she lost.

"... If I were to say that I had a top three list now, even after... what happened," her lips pressed together before continuing, "I will say there are two Lion I would choose, Kitsu-san."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:11 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
[
"Indeed, perfection is likely rather boring if you think about it, another word for stagnant. Even if it is stagnation at the top." He mused for a moment.

"It has been interesting good i would say, In my line of duty I dont watch much television or movies. But have done a bit of roleplaying and boardgaming. What of you Suzume-san? You seem to have found a few things that caught your eye."

She nods at his comments, then looks at her bag, grinning just a small bit.

"Oh. Yeah. Got some mementos, yeah... The fauna here is really something, ne? And I want something to remember Kurikoo by after I go", she says, her blank face a bit warmer. "Then... Well, music stuff. And a new copy of the Tsuki-toons game. It was fun to hold a game after quite a long time!...you mentioned RP and board games - any favs?"

She then seems thoughtful for a while. "so... No TV then, eh? I was under the impression that the Spider channel was pretty much all around in and close to Spider space. There's some pretty famous shows and artists on it, ne?"

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:16 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"Hm, I see..." the Utaku seemed thoughtful. Painfully so for a moment, as she thought about the match she lost.

"... If I were to say that I had a top three list now, even after... what happened," her lips pressed together before continuing, "I will say there are two Lion I would choose, Kitsu-san."

Nozomi waited patiently on Hyeon-ju. "A top three list feels precarious to me," she admitted. "I mean, surely something like that wouldn't happen again, but... two already."

She shook her head. "But thank you for being so kind to my clan. I am certain that the feeling is mutual among the Lion as well."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:28 am 
Suzume Shion wrote:
She nods at his comments, then looks at her bag, grinning just a small bit.

"Oh. Yeah. Got some mementos, yeah... The fauna here is really something, ne? And I want something to remember Kurikoo by after I go", she says, her blank face a bit warmer. "Then... Well, music stuff. And a new copy of the Tsuki-toons game. It was fun to hold a game after quite a long time!...you mentioned RP and board games - any favs?"

She then seems thoughtful for a while. "so... No TV then, eh? I was under the impression that the Spider channel was pretty much all around in and close to Spider space. There's some pretty famous shows and artists on it, ne?"

"Indeed it is but I work as a doctor on frontier planets that are being colonized meaning we are on the edge of Spider territory and as with most signals the further from the source you get the harder it is to recoeve. Also most don't pack a television as part of their colonization gear. We get by with books and some games. Space Colonist is actually quite popular, probably something to do with why I did so well in the tournament."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:36 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
"Indeed it is but I work as a doctor on frontier planets that are being colonized meaning we are on the edge of Spider territory and as with most signals the further from the source you get the harder it is to recoeve. Also most don't pack a television as part of their colonization gear. We get by with books and some games. Space Colonist is actually quite popular, probably something to do with why I did so well in the tournament."

She nods. "I see. Packing a television for that doesn't sound like a grand idea really. Weak signal, small screen, low quality... games do sound more appealing. As for Space Colonist... there were some quite good players today it seems, ne? I didn't feel I'd have a chance really. And... RPGs? Have you given them a go today?"

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:46 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi waited patiently on Hyeon-ju. "A top three list feels precarious to me," she admitted. "I mean, surely something like that wouldn't happen again, but... two already."

She shook her head. "But thank you for being so kind to my clan. I am certain that the feeling is mutual among the Lion as well."

"Ah, well... I'm not in the top to be likely to do the picking, but... I suppose we shall see how things look like at the end of the miai," she offered kindly to Nozomi. "Matsu Chiyoko-san would have been... my top choice. But, I know my duty. Not that the rest of the Lion are bad choices either, but... I enjoyed her company."

Hyeon-ju sighed heavily, feeling that what she was saying didn't come out the way she wanted it to.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:55 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Yeah." Yul considered it. "I'll have to think about that one. That'd be a good memory, riding Maverick around." He chuckled, waving the drifter plushie. "I guess this one counts as a good memory too, in a way." With a few minutes of semi-conscious terror mixed in.

He reached out towards one of the White Death plushies, but then stopped, withdrawing his hand. "This is something that lives around here? Maybe I'm lucky I just got bitten by a dinosaur."

Koseki looked at the white squid-thing and shrugged. "This planet man. Biology is weird, I stand by that. I'll take the dinosaurs. Oh yeah, remind me to give you a copy of my latest safety guide once I've finished it!"

He looked around noticing a few familiar faces drifting in and out of sight. "You know, I'm starting to think our friend isn't as crazy as I thought. Or at least, maybe he really did just skip town."

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:13 am 
Yul grimaced. "Maybe. Ran off to the jungle to make more..." He shrugged, then grimaced as the motion of his body made the drifter plushie roar again.

He waved a hand, carefully this time. "But I think you're right. This is a bust. I mean, except for..." Smirking, he held up the merchandise. "But hang on, what's that about a safety guide?"

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:39 am 
Given her little time alone she found herself quickly finding it insufferable. Pushing herself off her little seat she grabbed up her volunteer shirt and slipped back out into the through ways. Maybe passing one or two of the conversations, a quick wave to whomever she might have, but she went off toward the little space she'd gotten a little assistance with storing her stuff for a few, volunteering and all.

Digging through her belongings she pulled out a Densai. A cute little thing, but pulling out the stylus for some writing she furrowed her brow and got to work. Having sat with the previous feeling long enough she was ready..

EE 9 | Poetry during Off-Event time: Haiku vs TN 25 (Two Raises: 8d10o10k4 45

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:40 am 
More fungal zombies? Shit. "Well hopefully it takes ages and he doesn't have time. Ugh." He paid for the plushies and thumbed towards the RPG section. "I think I'll pick up those games I saw earlier, and a set of miniatures. I'll have to install some magnets in 'em in case I'm running a game in low-R again."

He pulled out his densai as they walked and called up his otori guide.

The Otori Safety Manual
By Hotaru Koseki
Your guide to the riding birds of Asakaze
Version 1.0

There were little stick figures of otori and their samurai riders running around the cover page.

"It was a lot of fun to write."

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:45 am 
Yul bent his head, angling himself to better read the densai. "Whoa. Hey. That looks like really good stuff." Yul laughed softly. "I like the illustrations."

He straightened. "You think you could send me a copy of that? I'd like to see it. Maybe it'll have something I can use for the next time I see Maverick." He frowned. "Do you know if they can eat Yuzu? Or other Rokugan-descended food? I wasn't sure if they had compatible biologies or not."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:54 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Given her little time alone she found herself quickly finding it insufferable. Pushing herself off her little seat she grabbed up her volunteer shirt and slipped back out into the through ways. Maybe passing one or two of the conversations, a quick wave to whomever she might have, but she went off toward the little space she'd gotten a little assistance with storing her stuff for a few, volunteering and all.

Digging through her belongings she pulled out a Densai. A cute little thing, but pulling out the stylus for some writing she furrowed her brow and got to work. Having sat with the previous feeling long enough she was ready..

EE 9 | Poetry during Off-Event time: Haiku vs TN 25 (Two Raises: 8d10o10k4 45

Still talking to Satoru, Shion notices Ichika getting up, then going around with the Volunteer T-Shirt, and at some point stopping and apparently concentrating hard on something she was doing with her Densai. A smile grows at the corner of her otherwise restrained face, and she makes a mental note to try and go speak to her later, but refrains from waving again or anything like that so as not to disturb her concentration.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:49 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
That first piece builds slowly enough to work into gradually. For now it's simple as she backleads gently. "Relax, Hida-sama, I'm not going to break either of us, and we need to show off these skirts, and you've got all kinds of flexibility to show off, yeah?" Her hips take on a decided sway, definitely accentuated by the fluttery little skirt. "You've got the rhythm. If something's too fast, focus on every other or every third beat and you can make it work. One lesson isn't enough for a lot of flashy footwork, but there's spins that fit with anything," She lifts their joined hands and spins under. "Bit harder to turn you under when you're so much taller unless you want to duck impressively."

"A lot of it is really finding movement that feels good with the music you have to work with. and not actually crashing into your partner...unless you're into that, actually" Mosh pits could be fun, after all.

"Let's try not to actively work toward breaking bones for now. I already do too much of that on a daily basis."

She repeated the movements, a bit mechanically at first, like a drill, then slowly gaining confidence.

"Size difference is kind of a issue I was wondering about actually. I'm bigger than most but not gigantic by any mean so kind of have to prepare for being on both sides. Do roles sorta switch depending of the height of your partner?"

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:52 pm 
Hida Akemi wrote:

"Let's try not to actively work toward breaking bones for now. I already do too much of that on a daily basis."

She repeated the movements, a bit mechanically at first, like a drill, then slowly gaining confidence.

"Size difference is kind of a issue I was wondering about actually. I'm bigger than most but not gigantic by any mean so kind of have to prepare for being on both sides. Do roles sorta switch depending of the height of your partner?"

She shakes her head "Roles don't. At least not in the sense of who leads and who follows. But what part you can play in a given figure, might. Hard to turn someone a lot taller under your arm without modifications, I'd have trouble making you look great on certain lifts, can still do things like dips, just fine." She pushes back on their motion just a bit to pause them. "Speaking of which...if you'd like to try that?" She lifts her eyebrows with a small smile.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:01 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
She shakes her head "Roles don't. At least not in the sense of who leads and who follows. But what part you can play in a given figure, might. Hard to turn someone a lot taller under your arm without modifications, I'd have trouble making you look great on certain lifts, can still do things like dips, just fine." She pushes back on their motion just a bit to pause them. "Speaking of which...if you'd like to try that?" She lifts her eyebrows with a small smile.

Akemi smiled:

"Sure. If you're up to the challenge, I'm in your hands. I'm a big heavy girl though. Wouldn't it be way easier the other way around?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:37 pm 
Hida Akemi wrote:

Akemi smiled:

"Sure. If you're up to the challenge, I'm in your hands. I'm a big heavy girl though. Wouldn't it be way easier the other way around?"

"Well, I'm going first since you're leading, and should have some idea how it feels from that side. But...I'm stronger than I look, and," she chuckles, "the point of a dip is not to deadlift your partner anyway, though you probably will take most of the weight with someone inexperienced, so be ready for that if you try it."

"Easiest with a bit of momentum so, out of one of those under the arm spins or as you come around," She shifts them slowly, "You'll want to shift your hold back here too, because..." She dips herself back over the lower back hold, bending rather impressively, hair and tail brushing the floor, but that looked less than comfortable, even with some support from their clasped hands.

"So more like here," she demonstrates with her own hand much higher on Akemi's back, and slides into the dip again with this hold, no longer able to backbend into it. She holds Akemi's eyes with her own and grins, "And this is what happens when I'm not holding up my end of this deal," she stops supporting any of her own weight, and it's like dropping a large rock onto the weight on Akemi's hand...it's not far to fall if she's going to.

_____
If you're leading that's usually the right hand, in case that matters here.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:44 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
"Well, I'm going first since you're leading, and should have some idea how it feels from that side. But...I'm stronger than I look, and," she chuckles, "the point of a dip is not to deadlift your partner anyway, though you probably will take most of the weight with someone inexperienced, so be ready for that if you try it."

"Easiest with a bit of momentum so, out of one of those under the arm spins or as you come around," She shifts them slowly, "You'll want to shift your hold back here too, because..." She dips herself back over the lower back hold, bending rather impressively, hair and tail brushing the floor, but that looked less than comfortable, even with some support from their clasped hands.

"So more like here," she demonstrates with her own hand much higher on Akemi's back, and slides into the dip again with this hold, no longer able to backbend into it. She holds Akemi's eyes with her own and grins, "And this is what happens when I'm not holding up my end of this deal," she stops supporting any of her own weight, and it's like dropping a large rock onto the weight on Akemi's hand...it's not far to fall if she's going to.

As the dumb muscle of the duo Akemi did not let go.

"It's definitely training for another exercise when you're actively not helping. Reminds me of a scene with Hide and Eriko that they will kill me for if I was to recount it.

I think I've got the general idea. It's all about practice and more practice now I guess?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:02 pm 
Hida Akemi wrote:

As the dumb muscle of the duo Akemi did not let go.

"It's definitely training for another exercise when you're actively not helping. Reminds me of a scene with Hide and Eriko that they will kill me for if I was to recount it.

I think I've got the general idea. It's all about practice and more practice now I guess?"

"A lot of that, yes." Her eyebrows lift, "And you're really going to tease me with a story you can't tell?"

Description

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next