It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Late Hours of the FanCon (FanCon. D9, EE)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:09 pm 
With a whirlwind of activity to occupy her thoughts, Hyeon-ju finally found a quiet place to watch all the games being played from the safe distance of a bench.

Several shopping bags surrounded her, and she cooly sipped a raspberry flavored boba tea.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

Post subject: Re: Late Hours of the FanCon (FanCon. D9, EE)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:39 pm 
"Hey, Nozomi here," the priestess announced with an awkward wave. She kept doing that for some reason. "How, uh, have you been holding up?" She too had a couple of things with her, though not any boba. Yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:19 am 
Looking up from her own thoughts, Hyeon-ju gave a seated bow to the shugenja. "Kitsu-san. I... I am holding up, I suppose." In truth, the Unicorn looked weary of holding up, but knew it would be unseemly to let her On falter in such trying times.

"... Thank you, for the service this morning. Matsu-san would've been proud."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:58 am 

With his hands in his jacket pockets, a smug-looking man surveyed the area. There was a slight look of disgust on his face as he found himself surrounded by kids and various animation-weirdos again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:35 am 
Yul was there as well. He was dressed up to be the famed Shinjo Hikaru, the brave defender against alien invaders in Super Dimension Castle New Hope. If dressing up in his usual clothing, and his weaponry besides his rifle, counted as wearing a costume. In fact, about the only real change was to Yul's hair. Instead of being in a ponytail, a bit of tease had been added to it to make it wavy, and a substantial lock of it came down across his face, covering one eye.

Grimacing, Yul swatted at the lock of hair. "Okay, there's no way a pilot would wear his hair like this. Did he not need depth perception, somehow?"

He stalked around, frowning, looking at different costumes.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:39 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
Looking up from her own thoughts, Hyeon-ju gave a seated bow to the shugenja. "Kitsu-san. I... I am holding up, I suppose." In truth, the Unicorn looked weary of holding up, but knew it would be unseemly to let her On falter in such trying times.

"... Thank you, for the service this morning. Matsu-san would've been proud."

"It is okay to feel grief. Otherwise, we would not have funerals." Nozomi glanced over at the seat next to Hyeon-ju.

"I hope you are right. I wish I knew more of her, famous as she was in life."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:58 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul was there as well. He was dressed up to be the famed Shinjo Hikaru, the brave defender against alien invaders in Super Dimension Castle New Hope. If dressing up in his usual clothing, and his weaponry besides his rifle, counted as wearing a costume. In fact, about the only real change was to Yul's hair. Instead of being in a ponytail, a bit of tease had been added to it to make it wavy, and a substantial lock of it came down across his face, covering one eye.

Grimacing, Yul swatted at the lock of hair. "Okay, there's no way a pilot would wear his hair like this. Did he not need depth perception, somehow?"

He stalked around, frowning, looking at different costumes.

"Ah, can I help you there Shinjo Hikaru-sama? You nearly knocked the display over."

Koseki was almost unrecognisable in his handy disguise of a Con Volunteer t-shirt. He gave his friend an amused wink. The Firefly's daisho was strapped to his back and he had his gun belt on, but otherwise he looked like every other Volunteer: anonymous.

"I love the costume. Surprised you can see anything though."

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:05 am 
Yul blew a puff of air at the eye-covering lock of hair, and then swatted at it again. It seemed he'd treated it too well, as it resisted both attempts to force it out of the way, flopping back into place in front of his eye. "I can't." He grumbled. "Seriously, how was this guy supposed to see to fly."

Chuckling softly, Yul leaned closer. "You find anything good yet?" He gave Koseki a significant look.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:17 am 
"Got my eye on a vintage copy of the Sailors and Serpents CRB. And a drifter plushie, obviously." He smirked and then gave a significant look at the massive costume section.

"Was thinking about checking the outfits and such. You wanna browse? I'm on a break anyway." It was a pretty fun place, if you forgot about what they were looking for.

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:33 am 
Boogiepop wrote:

With his hands in his jacket pockets, a smug-looking man surveyed the area. There was a slight look of disgust on his face as he found himself surrounded by kids and various animation-weirdos again.

After all of the excitement, with the volunteering, showing off in the showcase, and showing off her cosplay as the Crane's outfit of the original run of SMC. Ichika was walking the con, having been helping around a lot she hadn't gotten a chance to really relax a little. Holding the volunteer shirt in her left hand against her body so that she was still able to be identified as such, but rolled up so that she wasn't currently being identified openly as such. Glancing around she saw a few familiar faces in quick view but namely among them was.. well, this guy.

Stepping up beside him, in a soft and gentle tone she leaned in a little, "Is everything alright?" she asked with a raised brow as she leaned in a little to privately ask the question.

Last edited by Doji Ichika on Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:39 am 
Hotaru Koseki wrote:
"Got my eye on a vintage copy of the Sailors and Serpents CRB. And a drifter plushie, obviously." He smirked and then gave a significant look at the massive costume section.

"Was thinking about checking the outfits and such. You wanna browse? I'm on a break anyway." It was a pretty fun place, if you forgot about what they were looking for.

"A drifter plushie?" Yul chuckled. "Okay, I've gotta get one of those. Maybe two."

His expression grew more serious. "Sounds good to me. Lead the way, Koseki-san."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:20 am 
Satoru was eyeing the room slowly he saw Hyeon-ju and wished to approach but the lion around her was a known bigot towards his people he wish to introduce no such stress to that situation.

Seeing no likely conversations for the moment he merely surveyed the area his eyes like black ice swept over stalls and demonstrations. He hadnt been deep into any Fandom, as getting such things out on the frontier was difficult, but role-playing games were surprisingly popular in the military especially when you may be out of comms range. It was a good alternative to reading or working out, and something to do as a group.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:20 am 
Infiltration Akemi, in her infiltration freshly bought official Starlight Miko Costume, delinquent mode (as a marvel of design, delinquent mode could be turned into nice mode just by switching the accessories), kept going at infiltrating the con, while waiting for her partner in crime.

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:49 am 
Boogiepop wrote:

Tetsu sees a Crane already checking in on the man, but his own interest is piqued. "Hello there. Kaiu Tetsu on Fundai at your service. You seem familiar, but I confess that I don't know your name...I just remember seeing you at the Tournament as well"

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:50 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
After all of the excitement, with the volunteering, showing off in the showcase, and showing off her cosplay as the Crane's outfit of the original run of SMC. Ichika was walking the con, having been helping around a lot she hadn't gotten a chance to really relax a little. Holding the volunteer shirt in her left hand against her body so that she was still able to be identified as such, but rolled up so that she wasn't currently being identified openly as such. Glancing around she saw a few familiar faces in quick view but namely among them was.. well, this guy.

Stepping up beside him, in a soft and gentle tone she leaned in a little, "Is everything alright?" she asked with a raised brow as she leaned in a little to privately ask the question.

Fundai Tetsu wrote:
Tetsu sees a Crane already checking in on the man, but his own interest is piqued. "Hello there. Kaiu Tetsu on Fundai at your service. You seem familiar, but I confess that I don't know your name...I just remember seeing you at the Tournament as well"

The man blinked when he was approached by a girl in a miko-esque costume, already feeling like flinching away from the costumed volunteer. He took a step back and held up a hand. "Nah, nah, I don't need nothing, just browsin'"

Then he was flanked by another costumed person! The elaborate armour made him think he was part of the security staff for only a moment. "Hey, what's the deal here?... Yeah I was there, just looking a buncha people playing cards. You?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:59 am 
"Kaiu Tetsu-san," she smiled, dipping her head a little. "It's good to see you again," she looked back to the other man and took a little step back to not overcrowd anyone. Opening her mouth to say something she closed it, waiting to see what the situation between the man and Tetsu was.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:59 pm 
"You too." Tetsu quickly pivots to the other man. "Oh no problem at all. I just...sorry, I like to geek out, and I saw the familiar face..." The heavy costume armor seems to sag. "Sorry, I wasn't trying to give you any shit"

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:49 pm 
Like a little lightbulb! "Oh! Kaiu-san was just trying to say hello and I thought you looked like you needed.. well, I dunno! You didn't seem like you were having much of a good time," she admitted with a dorky little grin, raising the little volunteer shirt as if it was like a badge of honor.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:31 pm 
Hida Akemi wrote:
Infiltration Akemi, in her infiltration freshly bought official Starlight Miko Costume, delinquent mode (as a marvel of design, delinquent mode could be turned into nice mode just by switching the accessories), kept going at infiltrating the con, while waiting for her partner in crime.

Mumei showed up a second later, tugging the tiny skirt into place after changing into also freshly bought, by Akemi, costume that shall be left vague until there's a bit more time to find a good picture. Spotting Akemi, she angles toward her and then points to where a Starlight Neko Five cosplay cover band looks like they're setting up in an unused corner between a fashion shoe store and a the edge of the food court. "Music! And that looks really cute out of the bag. I kind of had my doubts about that skirt, but it works!"

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:00 pm 
Fundai Tetsu wrote:
"You too." Tetsu quickly pivots to the other man. "Oh no problem at all. I just...sorry, I like to geek out, and I saw the familiar face..." The heavy costume armor seems to sag. "Sorry, I wasn't trying to give you any shit"

Doji Ichika wrote:
Like a little lightbulb! "Oh! Kaiu-san was just trying to say hello and I thought you looked like you needed.. well, I dunno! You didn't seem like you were having much of a good time," she admitted with a dorky little grin, raising the little volunteer shirt as if it was like a badge of honor.

"Uh huh, yeah," the man nodded in a begrudging shithead manner, "well, I don't play your sort of cards."

The man didn't seem too impressed by her volunteer shirt but it did give him an idea. "So it's your job to go around and help me people? Can you help me find somethin'?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next