It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: How it Goes! (day 10 Early Evening)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:20 pm 
Ccould just be too much caffeine." Hayato replied his tone slightly teasing. "Really though, I'm not expert on that sort of things, so it could be?' His words were followed by a small shrug.

"As long s it's not getting in the way of your duties though, does it matter much at all though?" He asked, glancing down at the shorter woman.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:59 am 
"No, I suspect it doesn't. Though I can tell it can get on peoples' nerves sometimes, those that I work with, that is."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:06 am 
"I suppose it would be hard working with an yoriki who was always dancing around the building shaking her thing." Hayato offered with a soft chuckle.

"At least it lives the place up though."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:23 am 
"Some people don't want things livened up, if you can believe that. Especially at work. Eeesh."

She gave a shrug as well. At this point the pair had reached the music store, a business called Risen Records. It was kind of a small place, four narrow aisles packed to the brim with music discs, both old and new. In the back, where all the aisles met, were some second hand instruments on the wall and instrument supplies like picks and strings.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:54 am 
"Seems like we've found it." Hayato offered with a easy smile as he stepped into the little store, his eyes wandering over the various shelves for a moment. "Looks like they have a taste for the classics too." He hadn't played anything on discs in a long while.

"Nothing wrong with that though."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:55 am 
"Claasics? Oh, music discs. Yeah, I suppose so, these days. I still use one, got it as a hand me down from older siblings. And I don't have to depend on a signal to listen either."

Tenma perused as well, not wanting to wander off alone so following Hayato.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:43 am 
"You make a good point there." Hayato replied with a chuckle. "Disc's are still the best if you plan to travel. The music selection on most worlds is a bit different, even in worlds of the same clan." Local bands were common and pretty hard to find off world.

"See anything here you recognize." Hayato asked after a moment. It seemed he was having problems with that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:49 am 
"Mmmm... I mean, I see some obvious stuff; The Rolling Earth Kami, Jeffer-san Airplane, The Grateful Ancestor Spirits... Nothing from where I'm from though."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:34 am 
"Same." Hayato agreed with a soft frown. "Though I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything else." He looked towards Tenma. "Do you actually listen to any of those?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:31 am 
"What, oldies? I guess. It's the kind of thing peasants play over store loudspeakers to make their customers feel more comfortable, no? I probably know a few of the songs on those albums, but not many. Never had a LD player, and that's all before my time..."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:41 am 
"Yeah, it's the kind of stuff my parents used to play at some of their less stuffy parties." Hayato replied with a chuckle. "I suppose some of the songs are good to sing along too though. They can be a hit at kareoke too,"

He glanced down the rows. "Maybe we can find somethign more your style from a local band?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:20 am 
"I'd heard some of the Phoenix are known for their electronic music. Probably stuff I've never heard before too, which isn't all a bad thing. What about you though?"

Tenma moved as she talked, scanning the disc case section labels, "You said you don't have a Disc Samurai, but anything else here you'd be interested in? Maybe you play an instrument I'm not aware of?"

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:59 am 
"Well if they have a player I might buy one of them." He offered after a moment. "As for instruments though? Not particularly, I've never been much good with them." Something he at least thought was a bit weird.

"Electronic? I wonder if that's any way related to the Suzume I saw preform in the club a few days ago. Like if she got a lot of of her ideas from the locals."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:54 am 
"A Sparrow musician, hm? I suppose singing and storytelling can often be related, especially these days, it feels like."

Finding the section she wanted, she started flipping through the discs.

"The problem here is it's so hard to judge a disc by it's cover. A Crane artisan may have done an exquisite job on album art for a band, but it says nothing about the quality of their music."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:21 am 
"Yeah, and she did take that quite literally. Her preformance wasn't bad, but when she started telling stories at the club..." He shook his head. "I just wasn't quite sure how you dance to that."

He followed her lead stepping in close to see what she was browsing through. "Maybe find a name that catches your fancy? Then you can always ask the clerks if you can have a listen." He smiled. "It may take a bit but it's not like we're in a rush."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:00 am 
"I dunno. Maybe you do the robot?"

She looked back at him with a playful little smirk before turning back to the music.

"A name, huh? And I'm in a rush, personally. If I'm on a date with you, I don't want to spend all of it in a store looking for myself. Oh, here's one; "Hummingbird Wings - Fly Like a Bullet". Now if that band and album title don't speak to me, I dunno what does."

The album itself was what would be expected; A bullet with hummingbird wings in a kind of neon art style.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:00 am 
He comment recieved a smirk as he looked her way, his smile becomign a little bit mischevious. "Oh? And what is it you esactly want to do when you're on a date with me, Bayushi-san." He asked his tone a bit teasing.

As she picked out the disc, he took a moment to look t over. "The cover doesn't stand out, but that might be a good thing. I've heard somewhere that a lot of the reallt good bands don't bother investing in fancy cover art. They put all their bu into the sound."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:50 am 
"I mean, it's very stylish, even though I suspect they didn't exactly get an artisan to craft it. I'll get it. Then I can show you what I'd rather do, since actions speak louder than words, neh?"

Taking the disc case to the counter, Tenma paid for it from her purse, asking the teller briefly if he knew anything about the band; Which the only thing he knew was they were a band from Juodo that had only released the one album. Transaction complete, she turned to Hayato to leave.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:49 am 
"Action do speak louder then words." He agreed, watcing the young woman as she purchased the album. "You'll have to tell me what you think of it, after you get a chance to listen to it."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:14 am 
"Deal."

Walking out of the store together with her little bag, Tenma looked around the shopping arcade, especially at the food and drink stands. One caught her eye and she made a beeline for it, the stand serving noodles and sake.

"The law never rests."
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next