It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: How it Goes! (day 10 Early Evening)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 am 
Hayato adjusted the collar of hs shirt, the heat of the day had returned and it was starting to get stifling, he'd survive though. The real probablem was trying to avoid scratching at the small patch of rash on the back of his neck. Note to self, donn't touch your skin after touching a kitten with your gloves.

Luckily it was second hand and barely noticeable at least beneath his shirt collar. Shifting his weight from one side to the other he looekd around for Tenma. He'd agreed to meet the girl a bit earlier today and expected her any minute.

Hayao was dressed pretty well, a tan very over a off white shirt, the top two buttons left open. He'd shed any of his usual accesories tough, having decided not to bother with his sunglasses this close to sunset.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

Post subject: Re: How it Goes! (day 10 Early Evening)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:34 am 
When Tenma did appear, she was dressed very much in the style of a young woman still in school, a pleated black skirt set off against a blue and white striped spaghetti strap tank top. She gave an over the head wave, her speed picking up a bit as she saw Hayato, "Tsuruchi-san! Good evening."

She stopped in front of him and gave a couple little bows, "Thanks for coming shopping with me; I've not done much since I came here, so I'm kind of excited to see what we can find."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:51 pm 
"Anything in particular you're after?" Hayato asked with a small smile and a return bow to the Scorpion. "I've been around the mall here a few times, so I'm happy to show you around a bit."

He had spent quite a bit if time here now that he thought about it

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:53 am 
"Mmmm.. gifts, maybe a shop that sells confections. Oh, and if they have a music store I'd be interested. Don't worry, I wasn't planning on trying on clothes and making you carry bags and that kind of thing. Unless you WANT me to try on outfits for you."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:48 am 
"Tha sounds rather like what a couple might do if they were engaged, or about to be." Hayato offered with a playful smile. "Though it's probably wiser that we stick to gifts."

"Music might be good too, I should probably pick up some of that myself."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:05 am 
"I only brought one MD with me even though I brought a player. Guess I figured I'd be too busy to listen to music while I was here."

Tenma spotted a directory and waved for Hayato to follow her.

"I'll admit, still not quite used to having money to spend on such things."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:11 am 
"It's nice having a payday and knowing there is only a long journey through the stars waiting for you in the near future. Means you can spend it a bit flippantly." He replied aas he made his way towards the directory.

"Still surprised you didn't being more with you. Didn't get bored on the way here?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:40 am 
"Terribly, actually."

Coming up to the directory, she peered at it for a music store, even as she talked.

"It was stuffy and boring and claustrophobic. After they allowed us to unbuckle and move about the cabin, I resorted to exercising and pacing. Though the latter wasn't a conscious decision. I think I was being a bother to some of the other passengers, but I just couldn't sit still in that metal coffin with nothing to keep my mind occupied."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:35 am 
"Yeah, that will happen. You get a bit more used to it after you've done it more then a handful of times though. Some people even sleep through the entire ride. Well, through the atmosphere st least."

Spotting a music store he pointed it out on the directory. "Seems like we have a ways to go."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:57 am 
"That just means more exercise and more chance to talk in my book."

Glancing over the map, Tenma nodded and started off with Hayato, "I suppose, since we're going to a music store, I should find out about the music you like. Wanna tell me or have me guess and give me some hints if I'm wrong?"

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:35 pm 
"I think guessing is funner." Hayato replied eyeing the you woman, with a slight smile on his lips. "So i suppose let's go with that?"

"If you don't mind that is."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:07 am 
"I mean, I don't mind being wrong sometimes..."

She glanced over at him as they walked, "...because you strike me as the type who likes jazz. Something smooth and relaxing but with a little bit of soul. Maybe even soul music itself."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:41 am 
"You're not wrong." He offered with a smile. "Not quite right either though. I actually listen to just about everything. I have my preferences of course, but you tend to kind of pass around what people in the squad have to listen to. Eventually you kind of don't mind any of it and learn that you just like music."

He stretched his arms up above his head. "Or that's what it was like in my case."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:58 am 
That got a giggle of sorts.

"Lucky. If only my squadmates' tastes in music grew on me. But I can't stand when old man Hirano turns up his enka music because his hearing aid is low on batteries. Or that one secretary that listens to hiphop and chews gum at her desk. I'm very finicky in some ways I guess."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:07 am 
"It's understandable." Hayato replied with a chuckle, I mean we all generally have our own groove." He glanced towards the Scorpion, a slight smile on his lips.

"So, what is yours? Or should I guess too?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:27 am 
"Mmmm, guess. Like you said, more fun. And I don't think I'm that hard of a book to read, especially for a Scorpion. I gave away a lot of clues already too, after all, neh?"

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:32 pm 
"Oh like how you like things that are fun and high energy and enjoy shaking it?" He asked looking at the young lady to his side.

"I suppose I could say enjoy, just to be funny. But I guess it's actually electronic dance music of most varieties."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:05 am 
"I definitely listen to a variety of that. And metal. And power ballads. Oh and Mantis ska. Definitely some swing...."

She checked things off on her fingers as she walked alongside him before shaking her head and lowering them.

"You have the right idea, anyways; Anything that'll keep my attention. Not big into background music to things; If I'm listening to music, I want it to inspire me to act, whether that be dancing or singing or fighting or whatever. If it's just putting me to sleep or noise, I just don't get it I guess. Sound for sound's sake."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:19 am 
"Seems, we both had an idea, but were a bit short of the mark then." Though he wasn't really surprised at the variety or the reasons she had shared. "I suppose I more try to match the music to my moods most times, if I am doing something I want somethign lively. If I'm relaxing something nice in the background isn't bad."

"Not that I tend to do an excessive amount of relaxing though."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:02 pm 
"I don't relax much. Being bored... well, I'm not sure I'd call it a phobia of mine per say. But it's at least something I'm uncomfortable with; Meditating, just sitting and reading, sightseeing... I dunno. I just get antsy or something. Or my eyes glaze over and I lose focus with racing thoughts. Maybe it's some kind of condition."

"The law never rests."
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next