It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: [D1LM] The NEED for SPEED (OPEN)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:31 pm 
The challenge wasn't in finding the rental place; there were plenty of signs in the mall for that. The challenge had been getting to look at the vehicles without having an anxious salesman hovering around. After enough assurances that Yul knew what he was doing, he finally managed to convince the guy to leave him alone.

And so Yul browsed the selections with a thoughtful frown. Being a pilot sometimes required making split-second decisions, but not for a machine that you trusted your life to. And, hopefully, also made you look cool.

With that in mind, he drifted towards the motorbikes. "Wish they didn't have so much orange..." He muttered.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

Post subject: Re: [D1LM] The NEED for SPEED (OPEN)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:39 pm 
Yul wasn't the only Unicorn, or pilot, or Sky Rider, who was looking for a rental ride.

Hyeon-ju had also spent some time assuring the clerk that she was a fully licensed and experienced pilot and driver, showing her credentials and identifications to back it up, so she had an easier time being allowed to go an inspect the various vehicles on display.

Her uniform-boots clacked against the floor as she walked past the displays, which was perhaps a familiar sound to the Shinjo.

And... much to her displeasure, there was something quite familiar about the other customer here. "... Cricket." Her tone was sharp.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:48 pm 
Focused as he was, Yul missed the clue of the all too familiar boots. He had been leaned over, inspecting a motorbike's engine. He straightened at the unfamiliar voice. "Ah!" He grunted as he bumped his head against the metal handlebars. Turning, he gave Hyeon-ju a glare, as though it was her fault. Or maybe just because she was terrible.

"Wasp." He said, his tone dry. He shook his head, rubbing it with a wince. "I'm on leave from the unit, on assignment. I leave Unicorn space. I come to a Phoenix planet with a population smaller than the biggest city on my home planet, which is tiny, by the way. And somehow, you're here?" His gaze went skywards. "What Fortune did I offend?"

He refocused his gaze on her, crossing his arms over his chest, his leather jacket crinkling. "So, what? You're here for the miai, too?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:00 pm 
There was no warmth in her smirk. "Funny, I was thinking the same thing of what displeasure I had brought to the Heavens to run into you of all people..." her arms crossed over her chest as she watched him with narrowed eyes. Their positions almost mirrored if not for the fact that she was still in uniform and she wasn't wearing her leather-jacket.

"And yes. I am." She hadn't seen the need to share the details of her absence with the squad, and it hadn't been a lie that she had gone on a pilgrimage to Rakuen... though that had been her stop before going on this mission. "I hope you're not planning on crashing any of these...?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:15 pm 
Yul grinned, or at least bared his teeth; a little of both. "Guess it's both our luck, huh?"

The slightly aggressive grin became more of a glower. "And hey, I haven't crashed anything. I had a rough landing because a missile blew up too close and shut down one of my engines. Maybe if you'd pushed into their space more, they would have had a hard time getting a lock."

His arms tightened, but he managed a breezy smile. "But I'm just looking for a way to get around while I'm here. Like a bike." He waved one arm at the motorbikes all around them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:21 pm 
"A further advance at that juncture would've jeopardized the structure of our formation," she replied cooly, with her same usual detached tactical assessement as she always had when it came to combat; aerial and otherwise.

Uncrossing her arms, she held up her hands, clearly not wishing to argue too much right now on the subject here, seeing as they were both military personnel in another clan's territory.

"I'm here of a similar mind. Considering the things that might be expected of us here, it would be efficient to have access to a personal vehicle, rather than relying on going on foot or taxi-services."

Her head tilted to the side, eyes following too in the direction of some of the posters for ornithopters. "... And that looks like it could be an interesting past-time too."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:29 pm 
Yul bit his lip, both literally and figuratively, backing off as she did. He took a deep breath, uncrossing his arms.

"Yeah. I mean, it's not the biggest place, but..." Yul smiled, more honestly. "What can I say? It's how I like to get around."

He followed her gaze, eyebrows going up as he spotted the poster. "Well, that's interesting. I'd love to get a look at this place from the air. The transport didn't have any viewports, of course." He sighed. "I feel like I don't know a place until I've seen it from up there." A quick nod skyward.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:38 pm 
"Agreed." She knew very well what he meant, and why. A pilot's place was in the sky, after all.

"... Well, at the very least, we are both here to bring honor to the clan and to the Sky Riders, Shinjo-san." A bit more polite than the callsign. "Truce for the time being, at least?"

Despite their many arguments and disagreements, he was a Sky Rider in her unit, so that meant she trusted him to have her back if need be. Or be her wingman. Not in that sense, of course...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:52 pm 
"Yeah." Yul sighed. "Hey, fine by me, Utaku-san. If running into you is the worst thing that happens to me today, that's probably not too bad." He flashed her a grin. "I mean, if you're a pain in my backside, at least you're a familiar pain in my backside. Like a creaky cockpit seat, or something."

He studied her a moment longer, then shook his head with a smile. "Well, what do you think? Can we find two motorbikes that can handle Skyriders? It's not gonna be easy." Yul patted the adjacent bike with one hand. "This one looks like it's got some oomph, though." It was a bit larger than the others, if still in the sleek design. It was, of course, bright orange. "Any of them catch your eye?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:51 am 
Her eyes narrowed slightly at being compared to a creaky cockpit seat. "As long as you're not planning on buzzing the tower here, I think it will be fine." It was bad enough to get chewed out back home over such pranks, but she was concerned the country bumpkin didn't understand the severity of doing it in the airspace of another clan.

The orange paint-jobs truly were hideous to her personal tastes. "Depends on what you plan on using the bike for. I think it would be wise to have one that can at least take two - considering the nature of our visit here. Probably some people who'd like your driving..."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:04 am 
Yul grinned again, less edged, more teasing. "I'll do my best, but I can't make any promises. Sometimes a tower just has to get buzzed."

In truth, it was almost relaxing being able to exchange barbs with Wasp. He chuckled. "What, you mean fast? I'm sure we'll be able to find someone for you, too." Actually, he'd probably admit that Hyeon-ju was quite attractive... although he'd wonder why the torturer was asking about that, given that'd be what it would take.

Yul jerked his head. "Let's look at some more. I don't think we can find anything in Unicorn colors, but maybe just something in plain black or metal." He gave her a sidelong glance. "And yeah, probably a two-seater. It's a funny thing to think about, huh?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:11 am 
"Hopefully, I'd almost be willing to pay more for something in a more neutral color." Orange was just not a nice complimentary color to most.

She let him lead the way in looking around some more. Yul had been more of a bike-rider than she was, at least back on base. "Funny? You mean getting married? Or the process of finding a partner?"

Hyeon-ju brushed away an imperceptible speck of dust from her uniform. Not that she'd admit that Yul was good looking and a damned fine pilot, but well... she could maybe say it to back him up here. It would serve the Unicorn well if they all acquired optimal partners.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:24 am 
"Maybe towards the back? You're a better spotter than me." Yul admitted only slightly grudgingly, even as he lead the way towards the back, through the sea of orange.

He chuckled, shaking his head as Hyeon-ju cleaned her already impeccable uniform. "The second one. I figured on marriage sooner or later, and probably to someone off planet. Shinjo's law." He grimaced. "The finding, that's weird. I mean, here we are, making sure to get two-person bikes, so that the right person will want to marry us."

As they walked, Yul glanced at her again. "I mean, it's a little weird... right?" His tone was just a touch hesitant, guarded.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:33 am 
Kamui walks by and hears two exchanging witticisms. He looks back and decides to chat with them.

"Hello." Bowing. "I am Kamui, and I over hear our conversation. I am a bit of a speed freak myself."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:38 am 
"You are taller," she admitted equally grudgingly. Only by a few inches, of course. Still, she was on the look out. "Is it really that weird? I guess I never thought much of it... just seemed like a natural thing to happen sooner than later, as our duty commands."

Of course, Hyeon-ju would manage to make marriage sound as un-romantic as possible.

At the approaching stranger, she stopped in their walk to offer a quick bow in return. "Utaku Hyeon-ju, hohei of the 7th Sky Rider Wing. This is Shinjo Yul, also a hohei of the 7th Sky Rider Wing. He's the speed-freak." A slightly disapproving frown in Yul's direction.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:50 am 
"Yeah, I never thought much about it either." I never had to on Shinjo's Grace. Maybe if I had..."

His jaw snapped shut as the Crane approached, and Yul straightened, giving him a bow, if a somewhat more casual one than Hyeon-ju's.

As he straightened though, Yul shrugged. "Hey, what can I say? If you're not going fast, are you really even flying?" He flashed Hyeon-ju a quick sidelong smirk before reacquiring the Daidoji. "What brings you here, Daidoji-san? Looking for a vehicle?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:07 am 
"Ah, yes. A pleasure to meet you both. I am part of the Crane Iron Warriors. I've only been training to drive in the army for a short time, but I love it. Well, I am looking around at least, and look what is available." He looks back at them.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:03 am 
"Driving is a nescessary skill for most military," she agreed curtly. Not often you found those that enjoyed it though.

"There seems to be no shortage of vehicles available. Are you perhaps looking for one on behalf of your charge? I've heard that the Iron Warriors are exceptional bodyguards."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:26 am 
"... or are you here for the miai, too?" Yul suggested. "Bodyguards have to get married too, sooner or later."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:41 am 
"Oh... Well, I was just looking at for a bike to ride potentially, and looking at cars if I do some bodyguard work. I am infantry normally. It's always good to plan ahead. Well, the miai thing... Well, it's good to at least introduce myself." He smiles.

Theme | Profile
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next