It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: [LM1] Mallrats [Atrium of the Mall]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:21 am 
Ryuu wasn't looking for any particular shop, or necessarily to spend any sof his stipend. It was more to see what the populace was like. Having changed to the less formal field dress uniform, he casually stalked the main atrium of the Mall, just wandering.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

Post subject: Re: [LM1] Mallrats [Atrium of the Mall]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:51 am 
After her bath earlier, she'd decided to wear her own dress uniform in preparation for the Crane meeting later. Unfortunately, it wasn't loose enough to play the dance game at the arcade. Such sadness.

She spotted another off worlder and approached, bowing. "Good morning! Are you here for the miai? I'm Daidoji Shizuku, marine."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:16 am 
"I am. This one is Daigotsu Ryuu. Doshin with the Magistrates Office, Shiragiku." He bowed to the Crane, his own dyed white hair and icy blue eyes a stark contrast to the black uniform he wore. "Just taking some liberty time to walk the mall before the festivities begin." He stood, almost too still, watching her intensely.

"We should walk and talk."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:23 am 
While there seemed to happen a big Metalcorn (you could say it because of an onikage on the tanktop) who contemplated playing the dance game at the arcade. He stood there with an XXL milkshake (of course) full of kelp and other things, sipping slowly.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:16 am 
Daigotsu Ryuu wrote:
"I am. This one is Daigotsu Ryuu. Doshin with the Magistrates Office, Shiragiku." He bowed to the Crane, his own dyed white hair and icy blue eyes a stark contrast to the black uniform he wore. "Just taking some liberty time to walk the mall before the festivities begin." He stood, almost too still, watching her intensely.

"We should walk and talk."

"Pleased to meet you, Daigotsu-san! Sure, let's do that," she agreed cheerfully, turning to join him and walk by his side. " Same here. Do you have Crane ancestry, if I may ask?"

She smiled and bowed to the Moto as they walked, but focused on her conversation partner.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:01 am 
He bowed to the Moto, before nodding to Shizuka. "I do. My mother was a Doji, before she married into the Daigotsu." His smile was a little odd, but at least sincere.

"Tell me, Daidoji-san. How was your shuttle in?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:21 am 
"Ah, that explains a lot. The physical features, of course, but there's... how to put it... Doji tend to cultivate a particular sort of elegant air. Oh, as for the shuttle, it was smooth enough that I slept most of the way, at least, so I can't say I remember most of it," she replied with a chuckle. "How was yours?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:04 am 
He blinked slowly. He knew that he could make it uncomfortable to be around, that aura of dread that was always around him. But it was never described like that before. "My shuttle ride was... less than satisfactory. The company was pleasant. But I do not care for parts of the actual flight. It is a matter of physics, not a reflection of the pilots skill or the craft itself."

He paused. "I prefer to be planetside."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:16 am 
"Yeah, I can see that. If you're not used to it, the bumpiness and the hard seats and combine to be pretty unpleasant. You'd think they'd put something soft on the seats just as a matter of practicality to avoid potential injury, but then I'm not a spacecraft designer. Though..." She pulled out her densai and made a little note. "That's an interesting idea for a game, if one made it simplified and the designs pretty generic so no one's revealing any secrets."

She put the device away quickly. "I can definitely see why someone would want to remain planetside. I spend most of my time on ships, so I don't really think about it."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:01 am 
"I wonder if the lack of comfort actually helps keep one safe. But I cannot say, either." An eyebrow raised as she made a note of something in her densai, but he didn't comment.

At first, anyway.

"Perhaps when one is used to space travel as a matter of course. No real need for a doshin to travel offworld all often. That must make me seem rather backwoods, I am sure."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:54 am 
"No, not at all!" She replied enthusiastically. "Being a Doshin sounds really interesting. Can you tell me a bit about what you do as one? I know in general terms, but actual experiences are a whole different animal."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:39 pm 
"My routine is simple. I spend time compiling reports for the yoriki in the district I am assigned to. Occasionally, I am tasked with aiding durijg investigations. Usually rounding up those that we seek to question. Rarely, violence must be inflicted upon those who disrespect Imperial and Spider law." He stepped to stand in front of her, looking to her face.

"I mostly act as an intermediary between my superiors, and the bureaucratic process. I am on the path of the Magistrates office. I hope that success here will see me rise to a promotion to yoriki."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:19 pm 
"Hmm, that makes sense," she replied, smiling and nodding. "It can be interesting in and of itself, but I can see why you'd want to move up, too."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:43 pm 
"More responsibilities. A greater duty." He nodded. "I am an Enforcer of the Law," the Enforcer of Dark Lord Daigotsu's will, "it is what I am good at." His smile returned, that barely there curl of his lips.

"To not seek to rise in rank would be to disrespect and dishonor my family."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:20 am 
Even as the place wasn't private Ruhe quickly realised that he was an odd one out in any conversation that he might try to initiate, so he returned the courtesies and started playing the machines, leaving the pair be.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]