It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 

Post subject: [D2 EM, Akaboshi Sports Center] Moving the Metal (Open)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:46 pm 
Another day, another morning in the gym. Satoru walked in with his normal workout clothes, a loose tank top and athletic shorts. He nodded to the attendant as he walked past his station and threw his bag in a lock before heading over to begin stretching and thinking about his day.

He had drinks with the Utaku later, he wasn't sure that would lead anywhere but she was intriguing, he could certainly think of worse uses for his time. He also promised to meet with the lion woman at some point but she didn't seem very interested in anything other than information he might have. Perhaps he would go to the club tonight, he wasn't one for dancing but it seemed like a good place to meet people.

His mind raced while he stretched getting ready to focus his back and shoulders today.

Profile Theme

Post subject: Re: [D2 EM, Akaboshi Sports Center] Moving the Metal (Open)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:54 pm 
To wake up, Tenma decided to work out; The air outside was such, however, that going to the gym seemed like a better idea. Having swum with... interesting results yesterday, she decided to do weights today. Or at least toning.

Dressed in a crimson spandex tank-top and biking shorts, she went in with her towel, mask still on. She almost did a 180 when she noticed one of the people who had noticed her mistake yesterday was here... but routine trumped emotion. Thus she walked past as if nothing had happened, "Good morning, Kuchiki-san."

She stopped at an elliptical machine that she planned on using to warm up, throwing her towel over its front.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:09 pm 
Satoru hadn't, in all honesty, noticed the Scorpion girl walk in distracted as he was by his own thoughts. However when she spoke to him it snapped him to the present and he looked up to her since he was sitting on a mat stretching his legs "Ah Bayushi-sama. Good morning. Forgoing the swimming pool today?" he asked with a raised eyebrow and perhaps maybe the absolute faintest hint of teasing in his voice.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:01 pm 
"...perhaps later; I really do not find any sort of workout as complete and pleasant. Still, it is not totally complete, and I cannot do without some strength training every once in a while."

Climbing on the elliptical she started off slow, looking at the Kuchiki man as she talked. Her gymnast muscles and abs flexed as she moved, already a bit sweaty just from the still muggy heat of the day outside, even this early."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:05 am 
Satoru stood feeling properly stretched "indeed swimming is great for over all fitness but proper resistance training can't be forgotten." He found a near by tread mill and began his own warm up running at a moderate pace just to get his heartbeat up.

"So Bayushi-sama, the competition of the Miai begins today. Are you excited?"

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:49 am 
"Oh, certainly, in my own way; I do love how a good competition gets the blood pumping... even if I'm not sure how to win something like a miai. If one could be considered to win such a thing at all. At the very least, I want to make sure I don't embarrass myself or my Clan."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:58 am 
"Well I believe performing well will increase one's standing in the eyes of the nakodo watching over the event, proving they are a good match or at least a quality candidate is sure to have benefits when it comes time to choose our matches." he said as he maintained a solid, steady pace.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:33 pm 
"Just that? I'd be disappointed if it didn't get me wider fame, of a sort. I've always wanted to be famous, even if only indirectly."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:05 pm 
Satoru shrugged a little as he ran "I haven't ever really heard of anyone becoming famous from winning a Miai, maybe a bit of glory is to be had here but i'm sure if fame is your goal you're better off focusing on your duty Bayushiu-sama."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:54 pm 
"I had thought about that, actually. I wonder if I could ask the governor or their assistants if there is anything they need help with? You know, a consulting detective coming in and helping chase down a criminal or help with a cold case with no leads."

The Bayushi sounded vaguely excited about the possibility.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:57 pm 
"Not an unreasonable request, something probably better requested by you than me or my clan. Coming from my clan the governor will likely look for a reason to take offense. But doing some honorable side work is likely to make you look good in and out of the Miai."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:00 pm 
"Leave it to the Spider to make the Scorpion look like the honorable option. ...no offense taken, I hope."

She glanced at him apologetically.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:09 pm 
"No offense taken. Few think of the Spider as samurai of honor, if they think of us as samurai at all. We break from the normal code of conduct for our own way but Shourido is not inherently evil it simply cares about different things than Bushido does. More focus on the individual and reaching their potential." he paused and shook his head "Apologies Bayushi-sama I'm sure debating the merits of our ideologies was not on your schedule for today."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:26 pm 
"No, I suppose not. You would not know that with some samurai though; Any time is a good time to show their honor to all assembled, loudly if possible."

She smirks and winds down her elliptical exercising, slowing before getting off, dabbing her forehead with her towel.

"To each their own, I suppose. I like to think I'm... okay, scratch that; I am not always a good listener. But I can be if I try."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:47 am 
At perhaps in another but close by area of the gym, there was an ashen-hair Crab dressed in a tank top and athletics tights over at the weights section. She was certainly built more like an athlete than a power-house. After adjusting a barbell, she carefully hefted it from the rack with it resting on her back and began to do some squats.

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:18 pm 
Bayushi Tenma wrote:
"No, I suppose not. You would not know that with some samurai though; Any time is a good time to show their honor to all assembled, loudly if possible."

She smirks and winds down her elliptical exercising, slowing before getting off, dabbing her forehead with her towel.

"To each their own, I suppose. I like to think I'm... okay, scratch that; I am not always a good listener. But I can be if I try."

"Well to some the appearance of their honor is the most important thing to them." he kept up his steady pace his breath coming at even intervals he obviously had decent stamina "Listening is a decent skill to have but little use in listening if a matter isn't discussed or worked through."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:05 pm 
Nodding, Tenma turned to move over to the weights only to see a Crane (at least she assumed it was a Crane from the greyish-white hair) had found them while she was talking. Walking over the few feet to the equipment she wanted, she gave a short bow before starting to set up her weights, "Good morning, samurai-sama. I hope Kuchiki-san and I talking wasn't interrupting your workout."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:27 pm 
The samurai perked up after a few repetitions and carefully placed the weight back on the rack behind her. She took a short breather and dabbed the towel on her forehead. While she wasn't completely done, she could chit-chat for a bit.

"Good morning," she said bowing back. "You don't have to ask me...but I guess this place is tinier than other gyms I've been to. Maybe everyone works out at the dojo?"

Run by GM Boogiepop
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]