It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: [D3EA] Risking Impropria-tea (Tian, expecting)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:39 pm 
(expecting; feel free to use the space, but ask first before approaching please!)

After the biathlon, Yul had hurried back for a shower and a fresh set of clothes. His hair was still damp, and a little bit frizzy, but otherwise he looked no more worse for the wear than he did when he woke up that morning. He was even slowly regaining the ability to stand without his legs trembling, and to lift his arms up above his head.

He stood, wearing his trademark leather jacket and aviators, just outside the entrance to Tian Bubble Tea. Glancing down at his communicator, Yul winced. Three minutes late. Not bad, but what would a Crane think? Or... were they the ones who came up with fashionably late?

Yul glanced around, frowning, as he scanned the nearby crowd for a familar face...

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

Post subject: Re: [D3EA] Risking Impropria-tea (Tian, expecting)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:48 am 
The Crane was indeed late, but not as fashionably so as could be her wont. But, just because she wasn't fashionably late, doesn't mean that her choice of clothing was any less impeccably dressed, as she stepped into the shop only a few minutes after Yul did. Hakka spotted him and waved an arm in greeting, before she started to make her way over to him.

She gave a bow, afterwards saying, with a small smile, "This one hopes that you did not wait long?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:04 am 
Yul was not the most observant fellow in the world, but he did certainly notice her outfit as he turned. And Hakka probably would notice his noticing; Yul's handsome features were open, honest, his eyebrows going up in pleased surprised, visible even behind his sunglasses.

He took them off, tucking them in a jacket pocket. "Doji-san. You look great." Smiling, he bowed. "And no, not long. C'mon, let's find a seat." Still smiling, he lead the way inside, nodding at the greeter as they passed.

"So..." He glanced at Hakka, "-you ever been to one of these before?" The menu was up on the board, offering a variety of tea drinks, most of them with astrological names.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:20 am 
"I have not, though, I'm not sure if saying such a thing speaks well or ill of me." Hakka gives a small chuckle, shaking her head. "Even not taking into account where my home is found, I've always been a bit of a purist when it comes to tea."

Fan appearing in hand, she taps it against her chin. "Though, perhaps, it is because of my home that my preference is for a more simplistic take on it. But," she gives a hint of a playful smirk, "I am willing to try something new. You will be my guide in this, Shinjo-san. I put myself in what I'm sure are quite capable hands."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:28 am 
Yul flashed Hakka a quick grin. "I'll admit, I expected that this might be a bit of a challenge. I figured if you were willing to even meet me here, that'd be a good sign."

Well. Yul's brown eyes glinted at the sight of that playful smirk. He couldn't help but smirk playfully right back. "I'm very pleased to hear that, Doji-san. Hmmm..." He looked up at the menu, smirk faded, but not entirely gone.

After a few moments, he nodded. "The half-moon tea would be the best, I think. It's got the gentlest milk, and the best tea..." He looked at Hakka, "... I think so, anyway. Let me know what you think?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:19 am 
Hakka nods, saying, "Of course." She seems to be studying the menu intently, seeing if the words on there held some sort of answer to what she was getting herself into. But, she had said that she'd keep something of an open mind whilst doing this and Half-Moon tea it was.

"What's the tea base? Is it something simple, or do they go for a more complicated blend to showcase the flavor against the milk?" She paused. "Ah, I will try not to ask too many questions before we start! This has me a bit curious and if I am not careful I may end up asking a lot."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:32 am 
The menu had a lot of familiar tea words, alongside things like 'milk' and 'tapioca balls'. And a fanciful background with stars and swirling galaxies and nebulae.

Yul put in the order, getting a Neutrino Wave for himself. "My favorite." He explained.

"Ummm..." Yul scratched his head. "Hey, ask away, but I won't know all the details. I know its a strong black tea. It's simple. At Tian, they boil the tea and the milk together, so it blends more effectively. That sounds simple." He looked at her. "From your question, it sounds like there's lots of ways they could do it?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]