It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D6 EE] Collcraborative Project
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:17 pm 
Testu waits by the entrance to the mall, in casual, mostly form fitting clothes. It's not the height of style, but it does manage to show off a lanky but toned physique. He is supposed to be meeting someone referred to him for help, but it's the first time meeting her in person and he doesn't quite know what to expect, other than its a Crane girl.

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

Post subject: Re: [D6 EE] Collcraborative Project
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:54 pm 
A white-haired girl with her hair half-tied up in a black bow and dressed in a layered tank top and shorts combination hurried into the Mall, carrying a protective narrow bag clearly built for a computer. She glanced around, searching the crowd for a Crab. Finally, she spots Tetsu and headed over, dipping into a bow. "Pardon me, are you Kaiu Tetsu-san?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:49 pm 
White hair, blue eyes. Exceptionally pretty. If I was going to guess a Crane stereotype we are batting 1.000

"Guilty." He rubs the back of his head trying to smile. "And you are Daidoji-san I take it. Do you want to pick up some Otori skewers as we start? I didn't eat anything yet."

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:45 pm 
"Hai! Daidoji Shizuku! Pleased to finally meet you in the flesh," she replied with a bright smile. At the suggestion she nodded. "That's a great idea, I'm starving. While we're doing that, maybe you can tell me a little more about what you're working on?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:55 pm 
"Well, it's still starting out in its nascent form. I've been working on a bunch of attachments for the drones at the Robot Rally, and then on a newer model. It was during the former when I ran into Ishyo-san." Tetsu has a glimmer of amusement. "I think she's trying to set us up by the way."

The Kaiu gets into line for the Otori skewers. "She made an off handed remark about making a bunch of builder drones. I thought she was making a Carpenter Wall joke, but as I thought about it, the idea had merit. What if you could make a group of drone that are designed to work together, linking with each other to create energy barriers. It could be a short term defense, but if you modify them to carry building materials, and work on a 3D printing model, you could do construction on remote planets"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:12 am 
"It makes sense that she would," she chuckled. "It is a miai, after all."

After following him into the line, she bounced lightly on one foot than the other as she listened to him describe the idea. "You wouldn't even have to necessarily use long range signals on all the robots for it. That could get expensive. You could have or two equipped with long range receivers, and each robot would act as an relay and could sent the signal across the group really quickly that way. That would be a good sort of thing for getting initial buildings constructed on new planets before people arrive, especially on ones with poor atmosphere."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:32 am 
Tetsu noticed the bouncing, but doesn't say anything. He's seen all sorts deal with nervous tics. Engineers tended to be a little...well, off so he wasn't one to judge.

"Something like that, yeah. If you have a few master nodes delegating it could, in theory, have sections broken down and have each section prepared to be slotted in advance. The thing is, while I know enough on the theory to think it's possible, I don't think I'm anywhere good enough to pull it off on my own. Which is why your services would be invaluable"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:40 pm 
"I admit I'm somewhat inexperienced in writing that level of behavioral coding, but I understand how it should look and have much more experience with more limited versions of similar things," she replied with a nod. "I should be able to do it. It may take a little trial and error, but isn't that always the way with new ideas?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 pm 
Tetsu chuckles. "I couldn't have said it better myself." They reach the end of the line and Tetsu holds out a few fingers to the vendor and fumbles for his wallet. "A pair of skewers each."

"There's also a vendor for used drones at the mall here. I figure that it might be a place to look at some of the hardware available as a base from where to start."

Tetsu take the skewers and hands over a few to Shizuku. "So...Shizuku-san, what brings you to a miai?"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 pm 
"Oooh... We should get a couple, if possible. One to experiment with the hardware and the other so I can study and start playing with the software," she replied. "This'll probably be a whole new thing. I'm excited about getting started!" She pumped her fist with a grin.

She accepted a skewer and said the usual blessing before taking a bite. She listened to his question as he chewed and swallowed. Once finished she answered, "My parents didn't see any reason to take time away from their duties to deal with my marriage arrangements, so they secured an invitation here and called it good. Yourself?" A blunt assessment.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 pm 
Tetsu chuckles "You know, I've heard stories of what I look like when I start a project." He motions in her direction. "I think I see now."

Tetsu takes a large bite out of his skewer, meandering as he tries to make his way slowly to the Drone store but enjoying the walk with Shizuku. "I'm stuck on a ship for quite a while. While it's not exactly forbidden to court the people you're serving with it has two big drawbacks. First, because you're among your own clan there's considered less advantage to the match by marrying. Second, if things end poorly...you're stuck with them on a ship running through the vacuum of space for potentially years at a time. It makes for awkward cases, even for fellow Crab"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:41 pm 
She laughed at that and shrugged, unembarrassed by the attention on the enthusiasm. "There's no reason not to be excited if it's not bothering anyone."

"That makes sense," she agreed, nodding at that. "I guess it could still be an issue if you marry someone in whose duties also would put them aboard a ship normally. It'd make the most sense to put them together or at least on ships with schedules that line up regularly. Sometimes people need to deal with it and act like adult samurai." She took a bite, chewed thoughtfully, then seemed to realize what she said as a blush crawled up her neck. Swallowing she added, "Um, pardon the bluntness."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:18 pm 
Tetsu snickers. "Blunt? You're talking to a Crab here. It's actually fine once you're formally engaged. They assume that once you've gotten to that point, you're not backing out and bunking you helps you fulfill your...familial duties."

Tetsu pauses and continues deadpan. "I can neither confirm nor deny that bedding straps for zero g emergencies have also been used in such duties"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:37 pm 
"Ah, I admittedly wasn't thinking about, um... informal courtship." She schooled her face into something almost approaching seriousness as she replied, "I am not in a position to complain about jury-rigging things for purposes they weren't intended for."

The she laughed and shook her head. "Though, I've never jury-rigged anything for that purpose."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:55 pm 
Tetsu pauses, continuing with the deadpan tone. "So it was purpose built then.

There is a beat as he realizes what he's said. "Shit, I'm sorry, that was flippant of me. I am not judging on any plethora or lack thereof of interest in the subject. Sometimes my mouth dies this thing when it says "go for it, make yourself an ass in front of the pretty lady"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:24 am 
She presses a hand to her face and turns red, but it at least seems to be concealing a laugh. "Oh my goodness. I'm pretty boring-looking by Crane standards. And I mean it's not a lack of interest but I wouldn't do anything like that." She turned redder and took a bite of of the skewers to stop herself before her brain drove her to clarify even further and more embarrassingly. Once she finished it, she said, "... Obviously it is a problem we share."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:37 am 
Tetsu can't hold it back anymore, letting out a deep belly laugh. "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I'm just, well, really not used to being able to talk with someone like this. I honestly don't remember meeting with anyone else on the miai and getting casual in my speech that fast. I can't remember it being this fast in...a looooong long time."

He peers at the girl again, "And that's a weird attractiveness scale then, because damn" He bites down on the skewer to chew quickly. "I mean, I know I'm not that much to look, so I should know"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:56 am 
"No, no, it's okay, you're not making me feel bad at all," she replied, waving her hands, including the skewers. "I kinda feel better. I mean, it's actually nice to be able to just... say what I want to say or tell a joke. What you said was hilarious, by the way."

"And yeah, as to that... I mean, the Clan's spent millenial purpose-breeding for hot spouses. The scale is definitely completely whacked out. Also, you're not bad to look at or anything, so don't sell yourself short."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:26 pm 
Tetsu bites back an immediate reply, literally stopping himself from speaking by pushing more food into his mouth.

She's too perfect

A girl who had honest enthusiasm for work like him, who got his jokes, and was just a little bit awkward. Either Ishyo-san had done her homework and prepped her, Shizuku was an incredible social mimic...or she just happened to jive with him extremely well.

"You know, I'm a little surprised to hear the honest appraisal. I'm usually used to the blunt delivery coming from our Clan." Tetsu offers a gentle smile. "I like it"

"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:18 pm 
"Honesty is part of honor," she responded with overexagerated primness. Then she laughed. "It's nice that someone appreciates it. Usually it feels like other people are just waiting for me to screw up."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next