It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D2 EA, Kashi-Wa] Business is business (Expecting)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:27 am 
Grandpa had been impossible, as always. His plans for her during this miai went way beyond just her getting married. She was supposed to prospect for a few business opportunities from families of maybe future associates he had somehow learned would be present as the miai.

Her servant Kyoko had been busy running around all morning passing messages to and from these VIPs. She should arrive soon with one who did accept to meet her to this food stand, a place that was a good enough rendezvous point at any, especially for hungry people. And Akemi was definitely hungry after all her morning efforts.

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

Post subject: Re: [D2 EA, Kashi-Wa] Business is business (Expecting)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:48 am 
Meetings were a part of Miai's and when he'd recvied a note from a Hida earlier in the day, Hayato figured there was little need to deny one. Trailing along in the wake of the young serving woman leading the way, he kept his eyes open for the one that had called him. He hadn't met Hida Akemi yet, but he was pretty certain he'd seen her around.

He ended up being right as he arrived on the scene and his eyes settled on the young Crab woman he ahd seen in the Club the night before. "Afternoon." He greeted her as he dipped into a polite bow.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:30 am 
She bowed in turn:

"Hello Tsuruchi-sama."

She didn't recognize him. Yesterday she was too focused on... other things to remember any other client of the club.

"Thank you for coming. Please take a seat. What do you want to eat? My treat."

She herself ordered a big portion, for herself, too hungry to wait anymore. She continued talking while the food grilled:

"I am Hida Akemi, granddaughter of Hida Kinichi, board member of Aoishi Industries, and I wanted to talk to you on behalf of him and his company. Your family is in the industrial business too right?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:49 am 
Hayato was much more used to being the one doing the treating, but he wasn't one to turn away that kind of invitation either. Still his appetite didn't seem to match the Crabs as his order was much more moderate in comparison.

"A pleasure to meet you Hida-san." He offered with an easy smile. "I'm Tsuruchi Hayato, son of Tsuruchi Ituski the current president of Haruto Arms." A more proper introduction seemed to be in order, at least for the moment. "I suppose that might answer your question, but yes we are."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:12 am 
"Great, you're exactly the man I'm looking for!"

Akemi immediately relaxed, as if Kyoko could have somehow brought in the wrong person:

"My grandpa would like if you could have a look at... Kyoko, please?"

Kyoko produced a densai out of her sleeve, and unlocked it to reveal an outline for a contract between Aoishi Industries and Haruto Arms. It's technical, it's verbose, it's full of jargon, but for anyone able to decipher it, it's just a standard contract from a supplier to a manufacturer. Heavily in favor of Aoishi at the moment of course, but with room for negotiation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:20 am 
The first line brought a playful smile to his lips. "That kind of line might give a fellow the wrong kind of idea at a Miai, Hida-sama." He offered his tone mildly amused.

As the densai was handed his way, he accpted it and started to give it a cursory look over. "Though it seems that I might not be the man you're looking for after all." He handed the Densai back towards the servant. "I may be my Father's son, but I'm not currrently an acting member of the board, and have no authority to negotiate or sign trade agreements."

He shook his head. "I can see it passed his way, but that's abotu all I can do for you Hida-sama."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:42 am 
"Oh, no worry, that's already quite nice of you.

Could you put my cousin Go in the loop too however? He is the one supervising that opportunity on our side. Will save you one intermediary to contact him directly."

Kyoko tapped on the densai, switching it to sharing mode, the contract and a business card for "Hida Go" awaiting to be downloaded on the Tsuruchi's own.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:14 am 
Hayato decided not to remark on the unfortunate nature of Hida Go's name. Instead nodding and deciding to accept the exchange of contact information.

"That will certainly help things along." It'd likely spare him some awkward meetings as well, hopefully.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:42 pm 
She nodded:

"If you haven't done so already, you might want to have a talk with Yasuki Nishida-sama too. He is in the same business as your family."

Kyoko removed the densai from between them and Akemi smiled, stretched her arms up to the sky, then fell back on her chair, seemingly far more relaxed:

"Cool, business' done, can eat and talk without pressure now.

So, how was your miai so far Tsuruchi-san?

My otori this morning just wouldn't calm down, emptied out my battery. Need to refill."

She ordered another portion just after saying that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:21 pm 
"Ah, we met briefly already." Hayato replied with an easy smile. "Didn't know he was in the same business though." The man had been focused on his pursuit of the young Phoenix woman to a point he was almost ignoring others, so it was no surprise.

"Oh, it's been fairly enjoyable so far. I've had the chance to meet a fair amount of people, and chat about a variety of topics." The young man smirked. "Though I can't say I was really prepared for how hot it gets here." He was more then certain that he couldn't eat half as much as the crab woman could, but decided it wise not to comment on. "I take it you found a rather excitable Otori this morning though? Did you decide to keep it?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:53 pm 
She smiled:

"He wouldn't be the only one among my clansmates to already have made up their mind on who would be their perfect betrothed. And a Crab locked on a target can be... very focused on it indeed.

Not my case though. Still at the prospecting stage. Too many interesting people here to rush things.

And yes, I've kept it! Well, I left it at the stables outside the city, but Kuroma is mine! I probably won't use it much as I also have a bike, but as grandpa would say if it's a gift you can quietly get rid off later on, always accept it."

She raised an eyebrow at his comment on heat:

"Oh? Are you from a cold world by any chance?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:29 pm 
Hayato was a bit confused by the woman's choice of subject. But ti did confirm that the Yasuki was pursuing the Agasha he had seen the day before. Still it seemed a bit strange that she would comment on it. Whatever the case was he let that particular bit of the conversation pass him by.

"Not exactly. Though I am used to ocean breezes as it were, which can make the weather a bit more bearable even when it's hot like this. Not to mention there is almost always a place to go swimming, at least where I'm from."

Looking at his meal, he paused to take a few bites before continuing. "You're right though, there are quite a few intresting people here, I've managed to meet a few so far. But I manage I've stiill missed the majority."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:03 pm 
"Yeah the miai is crowded. Don't think the Phoenix expected it to be that popular. I'm bunked with three fellow samurai and Kyoko, the room can barely accommodate us all. Oh, one of my roomates is one of yours clansmates actually. Moshi Atena. Dunno if you know her?

As for the ocean... Now that's something I haven't been able to contemplate from close in a damn long time. I think this planet has one? Do you think we'll have the opportunity to take a trip there?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:43 am 
"We've met, though i can't day i know her well." She seemed nice enough, though odd. Not that he would mention that last part to the crab.

"Well, I've heard thete was one, so i suppose if we wish we'll be able to visit." A wry smile made its way onto his lips. "I don't think it would be safe to go swimming though, the Phoenix didn't make their city near one, so I imagine their are quite a few dangers."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:57 am 
"Counting on you to protect us then. Doesn't the Mantis Clan take pride on how it has always dealt with the dangers of the sea since its very foundation, when Osano-Wo killed Yamata-no-Orochi?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:23 am 
That brought a half smile onto his lips. "I wasn't aware I was coming along, though I suppose I could help protect you from any dangerous sea creatures if i did."

"Honestly though I'd be more worried about the water itself though and what it might contain." He shook his head. "And sadly thats far away from my realm of expertise."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:59 pm 
"Oh. Yeah. Foul water, that, I cannot punch too.

Should ask the locals for more information indeed. Wouldn't want to enthusiastically jump into acid.

We also have a Kitsune biologist who is kind of running around organizing expeditions for his research purposes. He might be a good source of intel on what to expect from this world from a non-blasé non-local point of view."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:47 pm 
"Honestly, with all the fungas growing around here, I'd be worried about spores in the water getting into your ears or something and trying to take root..." He couldn't help but grimace a little. "Becoming some sort of mushroom colony is not on my list of ways i'd like to die."

"I might chat with that Kitsune though if I end up going out on any kidn of expedition. Honestly I've heard a lot of talk abotu one and it is making me kinda intrested" He smirked. "It might be nice to actually see the world as it were."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:00 pm 
"Yup. If you need a ride somewhere, you can also call me. I'm always happy to have an excuse to put my driving skills to the test.

Well, you'll need my com' number to be able to call me... Should we exchange them?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:07 am 
"Wouldn't hurt." Hayato replied as he reached a hand into a pocket and retrieved his communicator so they could exchange information.

"You drive for though?" He asked raising a curious eyebrow. "Or is more a skill you learned for duty that you think is fun?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next