It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [LE5] Songs in the Night [Blue Bird, Room 1]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:54 pm 
He was nervous. Two dismal performances in one day. But at least he was dressed well, and not in too much pain. He had arranged for the room, and was pacing about inside.

His mind was still racing. A steady beat of two names, and unexpected feelings.

But he was going to devote his attention to the here and now. The mkment deserved that. She deserved that. Likely why he had gotten yhete early, to wait.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

Post subject: Re: [LE5] Songs in the Night [Blue Bird, Room 1]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:38 pm 
Feet came up to the door outside and it opened, Ichika got directed in and it was closed behind her. Standing there she was in the somewhat casual outfit she wore first after shopping, a white comfy shirt over a nice blue skirt. Purse held in her hand she brought her other hand up and gave a little wave. With a smile she stepped in, "Hey, it's good to see you, Daigotsu-san," she bowed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:17 am 
Where she was casual, he was... as casual as he could be. The more lax field dress uniform, not nearly as polished as his full dress. He could not help but smile when he saw her, unblinking eyes focused on her face, before bowing.

"Good evening, Doji-san. I am very glad you could accept my invitation tonight." His voice low, soft and warm.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 am 
"Good evening, Daigotsu-san!" she said with a pep of cheer, coming into the room a bit more and glancing around. Turning her torso half toward him she smiled, "Of course! Thank you for inviting me," she leaned in toward a small knickknack kinda thing off on the side of the room. Smiling at it as she poked the top of it and watched it bounce a little.

"How have you been?" she asked, looking back up from it as she righted her position.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:56 am 
"I could be better, today. But we will make it through." He nodded, stepping closer, but not out of the bounds of propriety. Ryuu reached, making sure the tie in his hair was firmly affixed, since he truly enjoyed karaoke, and wanted to fully get into it.

"How has your day been for you?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:50 pm 
"Very pleasant!" she said happily, a bright smile. Looking to him with a slightly furrowed brow. Leaning in closer, "What happened today, Daigotsu-san?" she asked, glancing to the couch that was usually in rooms like these.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:59 pm 
"Please, sit." He nodded as he caught her glance. Eyes watching her, a hand idly adjusting the jade cufflink on his left sleeve. "I am sure you saw the reports from todays events. Hunting is something I am passionate about. Something I enjoy." That hard line returned.

"I failed. Spectacularly."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:17 am 
"Mmm," she vocalized as she thought. Slipping around and into the seat she glanced down to the seat beside her and then put her hand on it. Looking up to him with a couple pats on the cushion with a smile, "Come sit."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:53 pm 
The Spider nodded, almost stalking across the room. He slid down into the seat, his hands resting on his knees. His hair was still in the braids Hyeon-Ju had put in from the morning, though after getting lost and being thrown through a table left him looking a little rough for wear.

His unblinking eyes focused on her face, and he found his smile came along easily.

"I do not mean to put a cloud over our night, Doji-san."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:43 pm 
Ichika shook her head, "You're causing no one any trouble, Daigotsu-san," she said with an easy smile. "Sometimes days happen to us, yea?" she said, a little tilt to the way she looked at him. "We can't always control how things happen, even if we'd like to and we're supposed to. Sometimes.. they just happen," she said, a soft smile to make that pill a little easier to swallow.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:36 am 
"I am glad to hear that, Doji-san." Her smile as a balm, helping soothe his wounded pride. His posture relaxed slightly, shoulders fell somewhat, instead of being quite tense. Ryuu supposed that was why Doji were so good at what they did. Always having the right thing to say, the kindness and compassion showing through in word and deed.

"Still. Of all the days to happen. I... wanted to bring back the largest raker. To showcase that I could provide, that I could defend. All I wanted... was to stand out."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:38 am 
"Maybe it happened for a reason?" she suggested, tilting her head and leaning in a little so she was looking up at him. "Something about what went wrong that can help you in the future?" she spoke softer, a little more neutral, "My mother always said that, at least. There's always a lesson you have to learn from a mistake, or a failure," she said glances away a moment.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:47 am 
"Perhaps. A lesson in humility." Humility meant I am not in Control. I did not have the Strength to pursue, and Perfection was destroyed. Ryuu looked into her eye, his breathing calm, focused.

"Your mother is a wise woman. Her words have great value, and if I remember to keep them in mind, it will... help not beat myself up over them."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:59 am 
"Mmm," she vocalized as she looked down. Blowing air between her lips noiselessly she looked up with a smile. "I'm glad they'll help you, Daigotsu-sama," she nodded.

"So, maybe we should look to the rest of the night then, yea? Have some fun?" she said with a soft laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:09 pm 
Ryuu grinned, though it was out of place on his features. A certain effect of an uncanny valley. "Yes. To our fun tonight. I asked you here because..." he stood up from the couch, looking to her as he walked backwards to the karaoke machine.

Picking a track, he began. "Because it could just be you and me, and music, and that seemed like a good idea." He settled on the track, and began.

And it was... not good. But he was laughing, watching Ichika as he got into it.

LE5 - Songs in the Night - Karaoke Song 1: Wings of a Butterfly (Awareness 2, Perform: Singing 0, Sensation Phantom Rank, Strength in Terror +3): 3d10o10k2+3 11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:58 pm 
Ichika giggled onto the her knuckles, her palm turned away from her. Turning toward him she settled in as he queued up the song, and get prepared to sing. Settled in and ready, she listened with some focus to the music while she watched. She found the beat, but overall.. it didn't quite seem to her taste. Something that was quickly filled up with his enjoyment of his not-so-great performance. Laughing along with him as she tried to vibe along with the music.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:45 pm 
"I am sorry." He laughed as the song ended. Setting the microphone down, Ryuu walked to the couch, sitting down beside Ichika as he struggled to stop laughing. "That was terrible. So much fun, but terrible." He wiped a tear of joy from his eyes, taking deep breaths to compose himself.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:53 pm 
"Then it was perfect, Daigotsu-san!" she said, laughing happily as she shifted how she sat when he rejoined her, a gesture to make the appropriate room and turn toward him. "That's all the fun, yea? Just giving your heart to it!" she laughed a little more, nodding once or twice.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:54 pm 
"I suppose that is true." Finally through the laughing fit, he nodded. "Maybe it is just easier to have fun now, it seems." His eyes focused on her, nodding. "Art is something one is supposed to commit everything to. Even if one is not very good, it is... good for the soul, you know?"

The apparent lessons from his Crane mother showing through.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:11 pm 
"Mmmhmm!" she vocalized happily. "You're speaking to a poet, Daigotsu-san," she laughed into her knuckles. "It's easy to commit so much when your only audience is me, yea?" she giggled again before settling, looking to him with a smile.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next