It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D4 LA] Killing time (expecting)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:10 pm 
With the rain making any and all outings impossible, Sora was killing time at the mall, sipping his bubble tea as he strolled through the covered alleys, rain hammering against the moss-covered plexi-glass above. The air was hot and humid, sweat glistening on his brow.

Run by GM Tassu

Post subject: Re: [D4 LA] Killing time (expecting)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:59 am 
Chiruha was out and about, dressed in a sheer orange hooded raincoat over her jumpsuit with an umbrella in her hand. She quickly shuffled in, finding refuge in the red carp mall from the rain. After fixing her hair, she gave a glance around the mall. It seemed like it had been ages since she had been here, especially considering that she had been very busy, and this was her hometown!

She blinked when she saw Isawa Sora in the distance, wondering if she should engage first or have him greet her. He came all the way here for the miai after all?!

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:09 pm 
"Ha!" Sora gasped, though Chiruha likely couldn't quite hear that. She would however see his face lit up, the young man waving his hand to her. "Hey, Asako-san." He wasn't quite running to her, but his pace was faster now. "Hello again." Sora greeted, bobbing his head into a bow. He was smiling, his cheeks a little red. "I was hoping I'd catch you. How's stuff?" It was perhaps an awkward question, but Sora was an Isawa and not a Doji. Not that he would have ever admitted wanting to be a Doji.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:39 pm 
Now it was a bit unavoidable to meet him. Chiruha was never going to avoid him either, that wouldn't be proper, but she was a bit at a loss to be truthful. She would smile and wave back to him as she moved to meet him, letting out an anxious chuckle once they were close enough.

"Hello, again. Sora-san!" she said as she returned the bow respectfully. "I think Mal-Chin-san got a list of people who were here for the miai and mentioned your name! I didn't know if it was actually going to be you but you're actually here...I've been doing okay, the miai has me running everywhere but I'm always running everywhere around here."

She chuckled and looked down at her boots. There were covered in mud but the rain has washed down much of it, for better or worse. "Things still need to get done here...how about you? Was the journey good?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:39 am 
"Chiruha-san, long time no see." Sora was all smiles as he walked to Chiruha, bobbing his head into a polite bow. "I didn't expect to run into you here. I mean, did but, you know." the young man was smiling sheepishly. "Yeah, I am actually here. The higher-ups though that it was time that I, yeah." Red colored his cheeks. "You know." Sora was almost squirming.

"Yeah, it was all good. The ride to the surface was bit rough, but well. Can't expect an elevator on a world like this, can I?" he smirked. "It's good to be away from work for a moment, that much I can tell you." Sora glanced at her boots, his eyes eventually making their way back up. "Back from the farms, maybe?" He could recall some things she had told him when they had met during the last winter court season.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:48 am 
Chiruha chuckled with a knowing nod. "I know, strange...my father thought the same thing. He probably thought he couldn't exactly host a miai there without giving up someone. Still, quite a coincidence! Welcome to Asakaze...I hope it kind of lines up what I've told you about the planet. I know it's not exactly much here compared to other settlements but I think there's a lot to appreciate here. It's not 'not much', I admit. Truthfully, a lot of the beauty is found outside of the Shiro, I don't know if you've had a chance to go out there yet," she said with a gesture as if she was pointing outside of town.

She gave a nod. "Yeah, just checking up on Aoi...and like the fifty otori that my father owns...as well as all the otori that have been loaned to the guests. When the weather gets this fierce, it tends to feed all sorts of anxiety to the otori, so I was checking on that they're feeling good and treated well."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:39 pm 
"Well, having a chance to marry the governor's daughter is an appealing proposition." Sora admitted, scratching the back of his neck. "So it's no wonder to see so many here. I mean, I am still surprised." Somehow the young man managed to sound surprised. "More or less? I mean, you told me it was hot in here, but I didn't quite expect this. Kuroyama is hot but, at least for the most part it's dry." Sora wiped sweat from his brow. "And the birds, they are just as scary as you made them sound!" he added with some trepidation. "I have seen the farms, yes. It is beautiful out there." Sora had not dared to venture into the wilderness. "I think I could get used to this, I'd just need a better umbrella." he waved the small umbrella he had been carrying that was now worse for wear. "And better boots."

"The birds were doing well then?" he asked, stepping a bit closer. "Would you want to show them to me one day? I remember all the stories."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:53 pm 
"I suppose it is," Chiruha said bashfully with a small shrug of her shoulders, perhaps still coming to terms with the whole affair. "I'm hardly a princess by any means, that's for sure."

"I could take you out there sometimes when it's not raining. I think the birds have better temperament when it's not pouring like the sky is falling. Actually, they're more approachable, then," she nodded and gestured toward the mall, "Uhm, do you want to take a walk? I was thinking of picking up a bao here. I practically missed my lunch. I hope everything around here is treating you well?"

She narrowed her eyes. "Have you had a chance to meet some people here?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:42 pm 
"Well, your father inherited the seat from his father, did he not?" Sora asked. That was indeed the case, but with Naokuni considering himself young and vigorous the matter of succession had not come up yet. That did not, however, prevent people from speculating. "Chiruha-hime." the young man quipped mischievously, if only to see how she'd react.

"Yeah, wasn't thinking about going now." he replied, sounding almost apologetic. "Maybe tomorrow or day after tomorrow. When you have the time, of course. Besides the events, well. I only have so much to do here." Sora spread his hands. "Walk, yeah, I'd be honored." Bobbing his head, Sora would settle to a stride along her. "Oh yes, everyone has been kind. I mean, can't say same of the Spider, but the locals have been very kind."

"I've a man called Asako Mal-Chinpo? No, Mal-Chum? Mal-Chin? Something like that. A bookish fellow." Then again, calling Asako bookish was like calling water wet. "He's apparently making a website for the miai."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:27 am 
"Oh, come on, don't start," she gave him something of a pout. "Princesses are supposed to be haughty, elegant and unreachable. I think my brother is more of befitting of a prince than anything else. I'm very much not a princess."

"When I have time? Oh, you want to go...Sure," she said on a slightly reluctant note, not exactly sure how fun he might find the outing to be. Some locals even found such an outing better reserved for the rural residence. "Maybe I could introduce you to Aoi! I think he'd like the company, especially when I'll be in the city in the next few days with everything around us."

"Mal-Chin-san, hai," she nodded twice as she began to walk through the mall. "How did you find him?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:55 am 
"Sorry." Sora apologized, smiling sheepishly. "But you sorta brought it up, didn't you?" he smirked, the smile widening into a warm grin. "Dunno, not every princess. Not that I have met that many." Scratching his chin, Sora turned to glance at Chiruha. "Wasn't there a pretty nice princess in the SMC reboot they did few years ago? SMC TNG wasn't it? With new actors and characters." Starlight Miko Crusaders - The Next Generation was less than successful Miya project that was rather popular in the Phoenix space thanks to 'Asako Hana' being the 'lancer' character in the series.

"Yeah, I think I might like it. I mean, everyone tells me it's pretty beautiful out there. So I would maybe like to see it for myself. Now that I am here." he replied, his dark brown eyes seeking out hers. "Oh yes, I'd love to meet your birds, I mean, I am not sure I'd be able to ride one, but... I would love to see one up close."

"Asako-san? I bumped into him at the baths. He never mentioned he knew you... then again, you never really came up. We were talking other stuff really. The Yasuki was really helpful, or tried to be at least." Sora replied rather truthfully. "Is there any place you like close by? I'm fine with anything, really?"

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:30 am 
Chiruha narrowed her eyes for a moment in thought. "I don't think I've actually seen that one yet...probably mostly because the live-action series was a bit strange, especially when I'm so used to seeing them in animated form and knowing how they're drawn. That series looked like they were doing cosplay...and some of the actresses were in their 30's, mind you, she looked really good for her age but...I think the live-action movie is going to be better since they can actually afford to do everything the SMC and look good at the same time. They previewed the transformation sequences at one of the Fan Con and it looks really promising. I know the locals SMC fan club here is excited about it and they are impossible to please."

There was something peculiar in the way he spoke that felt off but just took his word for it. "Oh...I mean, I wouldn't mind it if you wanted to ride Aoi. He's probably one of the bigger otori. Figures, my father would give me the biggest and brightest otori he could get his hands of but that also meant he was more stubborn too. Aoi, I mean." Maybe father, too.

"Oh, so you did meet Mal-Chin-san. He mentioned he had an amusing conversation with you..." she pointed to one of the shops a few ways down. "Serenity Bakery is just down this way. They always make the best bao!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:56 pm 
"Well, yeah. It was." Sora shook his hand as if to dispel the entire idea. "Some stuff just works better as animation, neh." he quipped nodding as he listened to Chiruha "I mean, the actors were good, but. Yeah, that." She could see him grimacing. "Maybe not a production where you want to put your big name actresses." There was a slight hesitation in his voice - he hadn't seen the live action series but also didn't want to give an impression of being ignorant.

"Would you be fine with it? With me on Aoi?" he asked as they passed a small cart selling hard candies, the colorful treats glimmering in bright artificial light on the store. "Ah. How is it going with you esteemed father? Oh and how is your mother doing? She had retired, hadn't she?" Sora asked.

"Bao? Sounds good to me." Sora was all smiles, happily following Chiruha much like a puppy might follow a child. "People here leave you alone? I mean, I would think they'd all recognize you, no?"

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:41 pm 
"I'm fine with it..." she said at first but thinking twice on the idea. "I'm pretty sure Aoi is fine with it, you two will just have to meet and socialize first, get to know each other as you know me. It should be easy enough for someone like you, Isawa-san."

"My father is...busy," she admitted with a faint frown, "the miai has him running around and working full time on managing all the potential matches around here. None of them is set in stone yet, obviously, but it's a sure way to make the bureaucracy work overtime, busy work upon busy work. There's a lot of potential in the air and he's constantly charting where he could go if so and so gets married...and if so and so has this favour...I think I've only seen him when he needed me for managing events or helping him with the press."

"Hai...mother did retire. I suppose she had been carrying a lot of the administrative burden before and I really can't imagine her dealing with everything here, especially when she got so stress with the day to day stuff...But she is doing better now, as a monk," she said on a bittersweet note, clearly missing her but not wanting to weigh Sora down with the full story.

They neared Serenity Bakery which had the facade at its counter front made of bamboo, wood and washi to make it look like it was a rustic store in the feudal Dragon mountains. "I don't have people swarming all over me if that's what you're asking. People seem content to just speak to me one at a time...which again makes me less of a princess."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:09 pm 
"I would think so, yes." the nature of the Isawa showed in most things Sora did, one way or another. "I'm good with most things. Though, those beasts do look intimidating. Their claws are awfully big." For the most part, the beasts used their claws to tear apart the decaying fungal matter - and to defend themselves against young reavers.

"No doubt." he nodded. "I would expect many of the foreign dignitaries wanting to meet him."On top of all that, yes." Sora paused for a moment and chuckled awkwardly. "Now I wonder what his papers say about me."

"Or then then people here know their manners, neh." Sora quipped back, stepping to walk bit closer to Chiruha as they passed people going on their chores. "It would be pretty impolite to swarm someone, don't you think." He had not brought up the topic of marriage. Sora was a samurai and his words were as good as his deeds. He had promised he would seek Chiruha's hand and seek her hand he would. "You make it sound almost if you wanted to be swarmed?" he noted, an eyebrow rising ever so slightly.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:45 pm 
Chiruha couldn't help but give an awkward shrug when it comes to the governor's opinions. She knew at least that she wasn't going to openly reveal information regarding the miai when it comes to the governor's opinions. However, the standings at the miai were pretty clear to most competitors who paid active attention.

She gave Sora a big blink at first and looked off pensively. "No...but I do like meeting people, especially when we have many samurai here who have their own set of knowledge and sometimes even in the same field. It would serve well to exchange information and findings at the very least, all knowledge is connected in some aspect, ne?" she spoke as a model Asako.

There were several bamboo containers on steamers and ovens for all sort of buns. The menu would suggest that Serenity Bakery had a deep menu, although a good junk of them seem to be vegetarian choices. Chiruha made an order for a bun with preserved vegetables and seaweed, both things that weren't available here without being shipped in. "Bao are really handy when you're on the go, sometimes a lifesaver last minute!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:43 am 
"Uh, I didn't say you shouldn't meet people." Sora scratched the back of his neck, seeming a bit flustered. "I mean, of course you should. I was just thinking it would be awkward if everyone tried to talk to you at the same time. You know, like what happens with celebrities like Asako Runa and what have you." Runa was a known announcer who also occasionally starred in the propaganda reels as the generic samurai doing her best to support her community while serving her lord. Kind and gentle, her character had many friends and so everyone seemed to want to meet her.

Sora made an order for bun with steamed fish and mushrooms, both local according to the menu. While the store also served buns with minced otori and leeks, the young man chose to order something more neutral, thinking that Chiruha might have taken offense for someone eating her friends. "Ha, I can see that." the young man nodded. "You come here quite often then?" he asked, looking around if they could take seats. "Your father's people have set up things really well. Everyone has been really nice and friendly."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:55 am 
"Would it be awkward? I guess it kind of happened at the opening banquet when I met a few samurai. It doesn't happen very often so it's a bit of a problem that I just can't quite see at the moment. I don't know if it means that people are scared of me or maybe find me intimidating," she gave a short chuckle, certainly thinking it's not the latter.

Her bun order came quickly, put in a container that could be torn in half so that the customer could have something to hold on to and eat. They were admittedly hot at the touch and Chiruha knowingly grabbed a few napkins to help her keep hold of it and use for later. "I think I might have about twenty or thirty half-stamped cards under my work desk in the Shiro...maybe when the shop gets their reward program online working I can actually start earning some free buns. Sometimes I buy a few to share but obviously Bean Spourt is the one who takes two without regard."

"That's good..." she nodded slowly, trying to process what was the incident with Mal-Chin all about then. "I would imagine everyone would have to be nice to everyone here in some sense, even the Spider. Anyone could end up as someone's spouse, ne?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:04 am 
"Or then they are just polite?" Sora suggested, implying that she was neither scary or intimidating. "How are your friends taking this? Mine were bit.. unhappy." he chuckled. "As much as it's an honor, they had expected me to marry an Isawa." The Isawa, proud and haughty, were also getting dangerously inbred. "I mean, this is a tremendous opportunity." the young priest flashed a smile. "I had really hoped I could meet you again and look where I am now."

Watching Chiruha's example, Sora also reached for the napkins. "I see." Sora had never been one to collect stamps, but wanting to stay on good terms with Chiruha, he was not going to judge her either. "Bean Sprout? Another restaurant?"

"Yeah, you'd think so. Though, I have only one person in my mind." he looked at her for a moment before letting his gaze wander. "I wonder how many think the same. That they have made a decision already."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:12 am 
"I think they knew it was going to happen eventually," she said, as she was getting up there as a samurai who hadn't wed yet. "I guess they didn't expect that it would happen through a miai. I didn't expect it to happen through a miai. I didn't expect you to come all the way for this either..." she said with a bit of uncertainty. Did you really come all the way for this miai?

"No, sorry. I mean my brother. No, that's not what he really goes by. He's just very tall, taller than many people here," she chuckled. "I'm here finding an engagement and he's at the shiro slacking."

Chiruha could only blush out of embarrassment at what Sora had said. With her meal in hand, she was ready to move once more, making her way out of the mall now. "Uhm, they do? It's only been a few days...Maybe sometimes sudden chemical reactions happen, as they say? Or that Benten blessed them with a thousand days in one moment."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next