It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: (D5 LE, Kashi-Wa) Unlikely Dinner Duo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:32 pm 
"A bit different from how the Lion do things," Nozomi beamed with a smile. "From what I can tell, the Mantis don't worry as much about the ever-looming look from over your shoulder by generations of expecting ancestors."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:51 pm 
"Not so much. I mean at least my family doesn't." Others might have a bit more concerns about it though.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:00 am 
"I admit, I'm a little envious of that. There's a lot of weight on my shoulders regarding that," Nozomi said. "That being said, I'm sure there must be at least one thing the Lion have easier compared to the Mantis."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:33 am 
"Hrm.... I mean I don't really know the Lion well enough to think of one." Hayato admitted after a thoughtful moment. "You might have some suggestions though?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:06 am 
Nozomi regarded Hayato for a moment. "Do your commanders like it when you are, say, innovative on the battlefield? From what I know, most Lion superiors expect the soldiers to follow orders strictly to the letter. I can imagine, among the Mantis, that this can be a bit more... flexible?

"Surely it can backfire. That's why the Lion look down upon it. But there may be some value in improvisation."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:46 am 
"Hrm, that might be something." Hayato agreed with a nod. "Though there are good parts and bad parts about innovation on the battlefield."

"As it can also be a boon."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:03 am 
"Innovation is more-so left to those in command," Nozomi explained for her clan. "Soldiers are supposed to follow orders, after all.

"But, at the same time, sometimes a commander does not see the full picture."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:07 am 
Which was certainly common among the Rangers. "That's quite true, which is when a squad often has to make the decision to follow its orders in the most effective way possible."

"Even then though the decision is often in the hands of the gunso."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:43 am 
"What happens to a lowly soldier who goes out of line? Or even a nikutai?" She smirked. "Even if he was able to take out an entire contingent of aliens?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:22 am 
"That would probably be delving a bit to far into how my clan handles military matters, Kitsu-san." Hayato offered with something of an amused smile on his lips.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:23 pm 
The priestess dipped her head. "Indeed it would." She finished up her food and tidied herself up before letting out a satisfied sigh. "You've been excellent company for the evening. But, as it were, I should probably get going."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:58 pm 
"Have a good evening, Kitsu-san." Hayato replied, offering the Lioness a warm smile. "Go with the fortunes."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5