It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: [Day Seven - Early Afternoon, Snap!] Photo Shoot
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:42 pm 
"Whoa, no way!" Chiyoko exclaimed when she saw a whole store full of old sticker-picture machines.. She didn't expect to stumble into one of these around here, let alone at least a dozen of them.

She circled a few booths before she found one that looked amusing enough for a few tries, throwing a few spare zeni she had in her pocket. The booth lit up, shining bright lights projected onto the user as it prepped itself to take some pictures. All she needed to do was choose a backdrop and there was no shortage of them as she would find out: desert, mansion, jungle, feudal tea house, city core, and even one with the Starlight Miko Crusaders...just to name a few.

Run by GM Boogiepop

Post subject: Re: [Day Seven - Early Afternoon, Snap!] Photo Shoot
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:56 pm 
Walking by, Ichika stopped when she saw the bright lights flashing up. With a soft chuckle she approached the machine's to get a better look. Two machines separated from the one Chiyoko went into, Ichika leaned into one of them to check out the inside. A small sigh as she remembered some past moment and then a smile. Slipping back out as she glanced around the store a bit, at all the assembled machines.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:36 am 
Chiyoko flipped through the selections that were given to her before she glanced off to hear some chuckling at some machines beside her before she quickly made her selection of her backdrop before the timer could run out. In her haste, she selected a random desert background and didn't know what exactly to do with it. Just on instinct, she merely showed two fingers and a smile before it flashed brightly at her.

The pictures were printed quickly after the photo was taken and done in a 'trading card' form. The machine dropped a pair of them at the slot to the side. Chiyoko meandered out of the booth and took the photographs waiting for her on the side.

"Ah, shit, I blinked in this," she murmured in annoyance.

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:46 am 
Glancing over, Ichika watched Chiyoko as she collected her pictures. Furrowing her brow as she did so. Going so far as to put a finger onto her chin and tap it! Decidedly, she walked over toward her shifted gently into position somewhat at her side, "Not the memory you wanted, but it's still a bit fun, yea?" she said, a bright smile. "Maybe even a bit more silly, hmm?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:26 am 
"Yeah, it could have been better...I never expected these things to be so bright. I used to love these things and hit the sticker picture booth after classes. I filled the back of my phone with stickers and then some. These cards photos are neat too, a bit better quality. I just look like a maaaajor dork here. Here, you can probably have one of these...have a laugh," she said as she offered one of her copies to the Crane.

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:43 am 
"I used to do the same with a friend growing up," she laughed, stepping closer as she reached out to accept the copies. Holding it with one hand and laying it in the other as she lifted it a little to get a look, smiling warmly as she did. "It's cute," she commented, though her voice was a little quieter, like a spoken thought.

Turning it onto it's side a little, she examined the make of the printed piece. "One's back home were a little nicer than this, but we'd hide them in a lot of the places we'd all go to together," looking back up to Chiyoko as she rested the picture in her hand.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:41 pm 
"Cute? Is that Crane-speak when someone blinks in a picture?" she asked with a snicker. "But the idea of hiding them seems cute, like a hunt of sorts or a time capsule. Other people can stumble on it and see how much of a dork you might have been."

She gave a look around the place as if looking for a place where she could stash her copy of the card. "I don't know what are the litter laws around here but I don't know if I should risk getting slapped with a fine or home imprisonment for hiding these things around here. Ugh, that would be embarrassing..."

"I'm Hiruma Chiyoko," she said with a quick bow, "you?"

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:11 pm 
With a dip of her head she turned it into a returned bow, "Doji Ichika, courtier.. kinda," she shook her head, "here for the Miai."

"You'll just have to keep that one for the memory of the day we met, hmm?" she smiled, a little quirk to it, teasing. Waving her hand a little as if to downplay any other considerations to that thought. "Anyway," she turned the picture in her hand to face Chiyoko to reference it, "It is, kinda," she laughed into the back of her other hand. "like a little moment of real you being captured without realizing it, yea?"

"Anyway.." she smiled, "what about you, Hiruma Chiyoko-sama? What brings you to Asakaze?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:15 am 
"How is someone a kinda courtier?" she said with a smirk as she adjusted her teal-ish baseball cap of a team not local to here.

"I guess there's that. Kind of like a piece of artistry of the moment, if I wanted to give myself a ton of credit for that accident," now thinking about keeping the card instead, she slipped it in her bag. "We could take another one together, of course. These things are pretty cheap enough for a giggle or two, not breaking the bank of theses."

She gestured to herself at the question. "Work, at first, I was involved in that wrestling show a few days back. They don't exactly need me back for the next show, so I have some days to kill before I have to do some travelling again. This world seems...cute, at least."

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 am 
"Mhmm!" she agreed on that last note, smiling. "And, well," she laughed into the back of her hand a little, "I'm trained to work in the field, yea? But well, I didn't have any assignments or postings before I came here. Or, well, nothing that really required me to make use of the skills of my school, yea?" she waved it off a little. "So, I'm a courtier, kinda. Depends on what I do after all this, hmm?" she nodded, a soft content smile with that.

Stepping up, toward both Chiyoko and the machine, "For now though, I'd love to take a picture with you Hiruma-sama," she smiled. "An even better way to remember the day we met," she added with a firm nod. "Oh! And I went to that show by the way, it was fun to watch! At least.. it was fun to be there, I didn't really understand it all too much but.. the crowd really loved it and that was fun."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:21 am 
Chiyoko gave her a slow nod of understanding, "Yeah, that does a bit of sense. I guess sometimes you train to be one thing and do another. When I was younger, they had me trained for a bit of stunt work. You know, for serials and movies on the Crab networks. Then I thought I was going to do military. And then they throw you somewhere else."

"It's probably not for everyone. I was kind of surprised the Phoenix would even allow such a show with all of the fighting and violence involved. Maybe they're more okay with it because it's not supposed to be fully real. The bad blood, I mean. But it's good that you enjoyed it. If people are suspense and reacting, it's a good thing," she said with a lift of her chin, looking to see if Ichika agreed.

"Soooo..." she said as she inched back into the photobooth and inserted a few zeni to get it started up again. The initial flash practically showed the red pupil of her left eye that wasn't quite perfectly covered by her contact lense. "What kind of background are you thinking?"

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:36 am 
Ichika's eye focused a little, noticing the slight red she could see. A raise of her brow signaled the recognition, and, "It is! At least, I always think so," she said with a small laugh. "All of the shows I've ever been to that I don't quite understand I just kinda.. watch the crowd, and in that way I get it," she chuckled a little, into the back of her hand.

"I didn't get a chance to really look," she brought a hand up, tapped her chin. Raising her index up, "Oh! Which one do you think is the cutest? Well, for us.." she furrowed her brow, "or maybe the most inappropriate so it's silly? Something cute or silly!"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:37 am 
"To be honest, that's how I kind of feel about baseball," she said with a smirk as she removed said baseball cap, giving her ashen hair quick adjustment with her hand, "I just don't see it as something as good without the crowd. It's just a bunch of people throwing balls and hitting them if nobody cared about it."

"Weellll..." she drawled out as she reached over to hit the buttons on the machine, cycling through the same selection that stumped her earlier. "They got all sorts of ones here. Like a tea house background, a desert...a beach...hey, an amusement park, we're probably getting closer. Maybe a dark spooky forest? We have one with this dog pilot in front, kind of busy."

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:01 am 
"Hmmm," she said, tapping her chin, "Well, maybe thinking about how we wanna pose will be a good first step?" she offered into the suggestion for the thought process.

"Though, baseball was another one that everyone else seemed to enjoy!" she said with a soft laugh. "It was in that one movie, one of those first nights after we all got here?" she waved it off, "It was weird. Though.." she looked to Chiyoko, a soft smile, "I didn't ask before, Hiruma-sama. What did you do for the whole performance the other day? You were supposed to be a soldier or a stunt work so.."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:20 am 
"We could stand back to back and looking proud, or flex?...or cheese it a lot with hearts maybe to look extra cute? You did mention that you were in a miai, that might fit for you. It'll might even catch the attention of one of those secret nakado in the background I bet," she said with a glance around, still on the theory that this was something like a live informator show.

"Oh, I was one of the wrestlers in the show," she admitted, "you know...the Menace."

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:33 am 
Ichika giggled into the back of her hand as Chiyoko glanced around. "O-oh! Then you're the one who wore the eye-patch!" she pushed her hair aside that covered her own. A pale-white medical look to it, "I really should get one that's a little fancier like my roommate suggested," she waved her hand. "Anyway, first and foremost, hearts! And back to back, yea?" she smiled, nodding her head.

"Then if you want to, you can tell me all about how you like performing. I wasn't ever really good at performing, just writing. Poetry, that is," she shook her head, getting away from the point. "Oh! How you are still standing after all of that.." she glanced over her, "well, it looked like it hurt. But you seem fine, I mean.. you seemed fine during the show too kinda.. I thought that even the first one was really.. harsh?" she waved her hand. "I'm glad you're okay!" she looked back to her and smiled.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:07 am 
"That's right, that was me," she chuckled a little, not wanting to make a big deal of it. If she was an obsessive fan, she as pretty sure that Ichika would have recognized her a long time ago. She could be comfortable around Ichika at least. "You could have considered buying one during the show at the merch stand during the show. Hm, I think it's long gone now."

She gave her two blinks of bemusement before giggling at Ichika, it was a bit adorable. "It actually did hurt a bit, to be honest. After the show, I kind of slap on a few ice patches on my back and tough it out. But other than that, it wasn't toooo bad. Especially, when you get the shugenja to look at you sometime after too. I didn't break anything, so I'm doing pretty okay! I think I'll be okay for the next show."

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:21 am 
"That's good!" she happily brought her hands back together in that little cheer. "Oh! I didn't know they were available," she chuckled lightly. "Maybe a little too much people watching then, hmm?" she added with another laugh. Waving the thought off a little.

"Soooo, the most important question then!" she leaned in a little, not too close of course. This way she was looking up at Chiyoko a little more than she usually was. "Do you like your work, Hiruma-sama? Not everyone gets a chance to like the duty they perform, but it's nice when you can, yea?" she gave a warm smile at that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:06 pm 
"Wait, hoooold that thought, I think we've been talking too long..." she said as she pivoted to the side to adjuster her facing, her shoulder bumping against Ichika to further give her the hint of what she was intended to do. During their conversation, the machine time had run out and selected an oval picture frame of the sky and it reached an animated dog pilot doing a proud salute. Not thinking of anything else, Chiyoko merely mimicked the dog's salute before the booth's camera flashed them to take the picture.

"I do like my work, yeah..." she said after blinking her eyes after the bright flash. "It sure beats being a stuntwoman, it's more interesting than just doing stunt work. Being a soldier, I guess that might have been nice but it seems that Rumble Slam Arena accepted me pretty well and gave me a lot of opportunities. It's usually dominated by wrestlers who have practically have a dynasty behind them like Hida Hikaru and Kuni Shinjiro. Still is."

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:15 pm 
Side by side, Ichika glanced quick to the machine and then Chiyoko and barely just managed to do the same. Bringing up a mimic of the salute as the flash went off, the smile all too natural as she barely held back the laugh long enough for the picture to snap and then broke out into a small bit of laughter immediately after.

Glancing down she started rubbing her eye lightly, just a tad from the flash. "I forgot about the timer," she said with a few more small chuckles, every word containing a small trace of that laugh. "I'm glad then, Hiruma-sama, it's good when people can enjoy their work. Though," she chuckled again, "hopefully this one came out better?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next