It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Day 4, Early Evening - ASC Pool - A Healthy Alternative
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:58 pm 
As much as Tenma was kind of interested in the whole wrestling tournament going on (it wasn't like she didn't like such things, after all), the truth was such things tended to put her to sleep at the same time, even live. And they tended to be loud and more than a little packed. So she decided she would just catch up on what happened with the news and rumors and such later.

As a side benefit, it meant no one was using the pool. Which was a most excellent side benefit; No running into people this time, hopefully.

Walking out of the showers in her bathing suit, Tenma scanned the area for where she would do her laps.

"The law never rests."

Post subject: Re: Day 4, Early Evening - ASC Pool - A Healthy Alternative
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:03 pm 
Alas, the not a soul hypothesis was immediately falsified on entry. It's not that Ruhe had the same idea of avoiding crowds, or that he wouldn't like to watch some wrestling, he just... forgot about the event. He liked swimming in pools for a reason of not liking swimming in an open sea, and the dimming of noises rhythmic repetition of strokes provided often helped him isolate some wild detours in music playing in his head.

So, there was this guy in leather swimming trunks, swimming casually, keeping his head underwater most of the time.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:48 am 
It was easy enough to identify the swimmer as a Unicorn. Well, no problem there; One person would be easy enough to share with. Tenma cleared her throat as she adjusted her mask before slipping into the pool, doing so loudly enough so that the other samurai would hear her over the sounds of the pool.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:32 pm 
The swimmer didn't stop, just bounced off at the pool's deep end into a long dive, bursting out in a splash roughly in the middle of the track to take air, and to wave.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:57 pm 
Holding in a chuckle Tenma waved back briefly; She'd never met a Unicorn until recently, but she knew about waving. And anyways, she appreciated focus on the activity one was doing. One could say it was an obsession of hers, really.

Hands on the wall of the pool she turned to face it and started doing some water stretches, limbering up before she would do anything else and acclimating to the water.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:50 pm 
There was for now no reason to disturb the lady's warm-up, so Ruhe swam past her and on, soon bouncing off with his legs at the shallow end and taking a similar long dive before he emerged halfway again. He seemed to be enjoying the time underwater. The lass sure was comely but Ruhe knew better than to stare.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:56 am 
Seeing the Unicorrn launch off the wall, Tenma decided to follow alongside, launching off a few seconds after his rebound, staying a few meters to his right. To avoid an incident like last time she paced herself, making sure not to get too close so as to run into the other swimmer, or such. He seemed to have a strong stroke to his swim though, fortunately, and she hardly needed to hold back.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:52 pm 
At the far end he grabbed the hold with reverse grip and made space for her to go first if she willed, stopping for a moment. They may have seen each other at the club at one point, or not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:53 pm 
Tenma takes the chance to stop at the end as well, holding on to the wall with one hand, "Mmm; You have pretty good form there, Unicorn-san."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:54 am 
"Speaking of form, yours is much nicer than mine, Scorpion-san." The man chuckled, having taken a glance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:51 am 
"Oh, you think so? I suppose I will take that as a compliment towards my training regime. But you seem to keep in shape yourself, so I would not doubt your own body."

She was a bit naive, but she was fairly sure he had meant her figure and not her swimming form, in this case.

"I'm Bayushi Tenma, senior Yoriki to Bayushi Korobuto, chief magistrate to the Governor of Shiro Tsuroru."

Tenma gave the best little bow she could in the circumstances.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 am 
"Moto Ruhe, musician." He bent forth for a water bow, abdicating offering handshake as she seemed more important than him and so setting the rules. He didn't embellish his presentation, thought it would be pretentious given the circumstances. "And I guess we're even on compliments. Swimming is your sport of choice, Bayushi-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:14 am 
Tenma was nothing if not a little pretentious... not that she thought about it that way.

"Sport? Not per say, Moto-san. My sport of choice is actually gymnastics. Swimming is more my exercise of choice I would say; Easier on the joints than jogging or lifting or even cycling, so I prefer it along side some Tai Chi when I get the chance. ...I did not think the Phoenix would have a pool available for guests."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 am 
"Guess they've chosen the miai spot carefully. Though I've come to the miai without fixed expectations, so I am as pleasantly surprised as you are." He smirked. "Is it natural for Scorpion yoriki to be this sporty?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:21 am 
"Hm... well, the school Saibankan-okami founded thousands of years ago depended a lot on being able to handle oneself in tight spots, so I suppose being physically fit is the norm. Though that takes different sorts of course. Some people just work the weights and bulk up, while others go a more nimble route. I suppose that would make me in the latter category, but..."

A small shrug.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:02 am 
"And how to check that, if one is nimbler than stronger? It's not like I know how to rate it, doesn't seem to be the same metric. And honestly I can't tell by just looking at someone's body, no matter how supple or bulky." He raised his brow. "I consider myself agile even if I am not reedy, but I also lift sometimes."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:40 pm 
"There's nothing definitive, that's for certain. And not a black or white issue either. I was more speaking of the extreme examples on either end, as well as how people approach working out. There's a lot of grey area, I just know my own focuses, my goals I suppose."

She drifted off a little in thought before shaking her head, "But here I am interrupting your swim, and mine as well. Not that it's not been interesting meeting you. ...you're here for the miai I take it."

It wasn't really a question, all things considered.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:54 pm 
"I don't mind interruption, but I won't hold you back from your focuses and goals." He smirked. "And yeah, I'm here to get wedded."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:21 am 
"Ah, right."

A slight blush.

"Well... um... I suppose I am to. But I'm also here to swim. Not here on the planet I mean, just at the pool."

She seemed a tiny bit flustered perhaps.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:48 am 
"Let's swim then! You go first, I go first?" Ruhe was more likely to be confused than flustered, but right now he was just in his resiliently upbeat mood.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next