It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: The 69th Miai Attack Squadron (D7, LE, Bluebird Karaoke)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:09 am 
(Invitation only)

It was a shame that the planned pilot-meeting for the miai attendants wouldn't have Koryn, Hyeon-ju thought, reminded of her conversation with Ishiyo a few days prior. As her day had been busy since the Robotics Rally, the Utaku was still wearing her red and green ensemble, though with her hair down in soft waves now.

The room at the Blue Bird was booked, and she had already taken it upon herself to order the first round of drinks and snacks in preparation for the others to arrive...

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

Post subject: Re: The 69th Miai Attack Squadron (D7, LE, Bluebird Karaoke)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:24 am 
Yul had a new outfit or two, but this wasn't the time for it. This was a meeting with other pilots. And that meant his new synthleather jacket. He'd considered the aviators, but even he wasn't going to wear them inside a karaoke bar at night.

"Hey, Wasp." Yul greeted her with a wave and a smile; a real one, as it happened. "You look good." He looked around. "First ones here, huh?"

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:41 am 
"Cricket," she greeted with a bow of her head, followed by an offer of a handshake in the more typical Unicorn fashion. "Thank you. I see you opted for your... usual style today. With the new jacket too."

"Yes, we're first. But the others will probably be along shortly. The room is ready for us, and I've ordered drinks and snacks already."

Typical Wasp, really.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:00 am 
Koseki leaned on the wall outside the building as he finished a smoke. His eyes flicked up to the sky as he took a few last draws. The jacket was his favourite rather than his smartest, and he wore his Explorer jumpsuit underneath. It seemed appropriate.

Great clan fighter pilots and...him. Well, they seemed pretty decent types and no one had given him shit for being a miner yet. He shrugged and stubbed out the cig.

Moments later he was inside. A bow was offered to the two Unicorn.

"Good evening Utaku-san, Shinjo-san. Thanks for inviting me. Can I get anyone a drink?"

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:30 am 
"Hotaru-san, good evening." She gave a small bow to the Firefly she had met at the club, and offered a handshake as well, curious to see if he would accept it.

"Drinks will be here shortly. First round of snacks and drinks are on me. But round two can be yours." Hyeon-ju gave him an approving nod. "But we're glad you could make it. Have you done much karaoke before?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:00 am 
A look at the hand.

Oh yes, this is where you pretend you might not take the pretty lady's hand. Boys. Ghost dad smirked.

Koseki shook the offered hand and nodded. "You're on Utaku-san." With a polite smile he added: "Yes, but not that I can remember when sober."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:02 am 
Ishiyo was unsure on how formal this was...finally opting for a civilian outfit and, despite the heat, her flight jacket from the Peregrine sponsored Pinnace Racing team. She was directed to the proper room.

"Good evening everyone," Ishiyo gave an appropriate bow, "This...is an odd venue for a recital, but I suppose it is less formal then all that." She chuckled nervously, "You will have to forgive my singing voice."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:10 am 
"Hey, Hotaru-san." Yul said, greeting the man with a wave. "Good to see you again."

"Hey, and you too, Daidoji-sama." Yul said. His eyebrows went up. "Recital? Nah, this is the real thing!" He grinned at her. "But hey, don't worry about your voice. I'm sure you'll do fine." He assured her confidently.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:14 am 
Akihiko arrives in his military fatigue dress, because fashion is not a thing he spends time on. Or understands.

As he enters, he sees the Unicorn pilots talking to someone he doesn't know. He catches the Firefly name but waits politely to be introduced by the Unicorn, trademark smile already in place.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:29 am 
"I suppose we will see...." She manages a chuckle, then the Lion makes his entrance, "Akodo-sama, it is good to see you again." Ishiyo bows a smile on her face, "I hope everything has been well since we spoke last."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:05 pm 
"Akodo-sama." Yul said, bowing to the newcomer. He smiled, glancing back and forth between him and Ishiyo. "I see the two of you already know each other."

Stepping back, he gestured to Koseki. "Have you met Hotaru-san yet? He's a fellow pilot. Uh... " He was no good at this formal stuff, "-this is Akodo Akihiko, Daidoji Ishiyo, Hotaru Koseki." Yul gestured, to each one, bowing at the end.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:09 pm 
"Daidoji-sama, Akodo-sama," the two higher ranking samurai were greeted in turn. Drinks and snacks arrived, leaving Yul to deal with the introductions. Beer, soda, chips with flavors of shrimp or sweet potato, popcorn, and peanuts.

"Ah yes, I believe we should be warned that this is Daidoji-sama's first time for karaoke." She almost smiled at her attempt at humor, then took a more serious expression instead.

"Kuni Koryn-san was supposed to be here too..." there was solemn touch to her voice. She didn't know who else had been told, but Ishiyo was at the funeral at least. "... but he is here with us in spirit nonetheless."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:35 pm 
Akihiko half bows, half nods his head through introductions, not wanting tio be too formal. He chuckles silently at Hyeon-ju's joke even if she won't, but turns solemn at the mention of Koryn. "Perhaps, before anything else, a drink to Kuni Koryn-san?" He starts to pass beverages, guessing the Utaku and Shinjo will take beer like the other day...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:39 pm 
"Oh, it is?" Yul flashed a grin at Ishiyo. "Don't worry, Daidoji-sama, we'll show you how it's done."

He sobered quickly at the suggestion, even as he accepted a beer with a nod. "Yeah. To Kuni Koryn. I never had a chance to meet him, but he was one of us." He raised his glass solemnly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:42 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
He sobered quickly at the suggestion, even as he accepted a beer with a nod. "Yeah. To Kuni Koryn. I never had a chance to meet him, but he was one of us." He raised his glass solemnly.

Koseki politely returned the bow and greeting as the others arrived. "Thanks for the introduction Yul-san, nice to meet you Akodo-sama." He had not yet met the Lion but was a roomie of Ishiyo so they saw each other quite a bit, if only in passing.

"Here's to Kuni Koryn-san. Same here, I didn't ever meet him but maybe in our next lives."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:53 pm 
It seemed right and proper to give a toast to the departed that couldn't be here with them, and right too that the highest status had initiated the toast.

"To Kuni Koryn-san. Maybe he now flies in Yomi." That would be something... clear, beautiful skies. Endless stars. Choosing to start with an orange soda for now, she raised it in a toast.

Koryn struck her as someone who was too much of a kid to even drink beer, so she felt confident his spirit wouldn't be offended.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:14 pm 
Ishiyo found a drink, and likewise lifted it, "To Kuni Koryn. A warrior to the end." Her voice was somber and contemplative. The poor boy had been taken before he even had a chance to spread his wings.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:19 pm 
With everyone having said a few words, Yul raised his glass one more time, and then took a deep drink. Lowering it with a soft sigh, he observed a few moments of silence.

"Well." He said, smiling. "Who wants the hardest job of being the first to sing? I'm more than willing to, but as ranking officer, you've got first option, Akodo-sama." Yul said, raising his glass to the other man. "Or perhaps a duet?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:15 am 
Akihiko feigns surprise at being put on the spot, then smiles at Yul with a raised eyebrow. "If Shinjo-san will be my wingperson, then it's hard to decline. But," he says to the whole group, "I must warn you all that singing is not a common talent in the Long Claws. Much karaoke is sung, almost all of it terribly."

He steps forward, clearly not cowed by his known lack of skill. "Name the song, Shinjo-san, and I'll just try to keep up." He smiles widely.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:23 am 
Koseki smirked. "Thank you for the warning Akodo-sama. I should say that I sing as well as any drummer. I'm told I improve with sake though..."

He watched as the Lion and Unicorn moved over towards the microphone then took his drink over towards Daidoji Ishiyo. "I hope that you have been keeping well Daidoji-sama? We still need to find time to tell our stories, but I'm sure your dance card is rather full. Still, if the opportunity arises I would be happy to accommodate." A warm smile was offered and he wondered if his room mates had noted his absence a few nights ago. No-one had commented of course...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next