It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: [D9 EM Serenity Bakery, expecting] Crustacea et Myriapoda
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:40 am 
Atena looked at the window of the Dragon baked goods thinking what would be a good breakfast to get. Perhaps she should have a hot chocolate and a simple piece of melon bread. She is really not a fancy girl.

Post subject: Re: [D9 EM Serenity Bakery, expecting] Crustacea et Myriapod
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:54 pm 
Walking beside her the fair skinned Yasuki Nakaba strolls on up to the window. Certainly not one for sweets he stared perplexed at the different themed pastries such as those cookies shaped as an Otori. He'd just be happy with a sweetened coffee. "Don't suppose you got a favorite back home? There is a nice family shop in district 9402 on World of Dreams that makes best cinnamon rolls." The only desert he had a weakness for. His eyes catch a small showing of just such rolls on a platter. Eyes squinting hard analyzing it as the pheonix's appear to be less flakey. A risk he'd have to take. "Want to split one?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:38 pm 
"Well there is this thing... flaky pastry filled with a fruit paste covered with snow sugar." The girl explained. "I don't mind sharing." She nodded. "Have you had them some place else? There is a nice bakery in Dawn where they use some organic and make artisan bread."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:57 pm 
"Can't say I have but I'm always willing to try." he scans the display for what she was taking about but fails to spot anything similar to the description at a small glance. Unfamiliar with this world of sugary delights. "A bakery on Dawn must be a really special treat. I heard food verify there is limited.. given the circumstances. A common courtesy to bring off world treats when visiting?" He inquires further on the planet.

Stepping inside the bakery Nakaba orders himself a latte and a small cinnamon roll. The clerk begins opening the display case and placing the item in a neat box. Stepping aside he gestures for her to go ahead and begins counting up his coin to cover the bill.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:21 pm 
"They import the flour. They also try to innovate with using substitutes... like almond flour... Macaroons!" It came out of the blue the teller was taken aback by her sudden burst. Yet the Moshi ordered a hot chocolate since they were sharing the cinnamon roll. "People grow fruits and vegetables... so that is how people live by. Better than Starnest... recycled air, fishing, seaweed and cold."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:55 pm 
Even Nakaba jumped alittle at the small outburst. He let out a single chuckle at her remark. "Depending on your district on world of dreams you pretty much had access to everything across the galaxy. Benefits of being such a major trade hub. Siblings and I had a favorite sushi joint that rotated their menu on different catches on different planets. My older brother Kanjiro was always on the hunt for something new. You wouldn't believe some of the strangest imports brought in. Some I couldn't believe any would even try eating. That's why we had brave Kanjiro." An pleased look about Nakaba at speaking of his family.

The two walked on by through the mall and found a small table beside the Mall's center fountain. Setting down at their table he neatly cuts their roll in two to split. "You spend much time at starnest? I imagine a sailor like you gets around that mantis systems quite often."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:14 am 
"Well I had spent one full year in Starnest... I had to recover... from the crash... not many made it... or so I have been told." The girl sighed. "I Lived mostly in Dawn then moved to New Kalani, there I was drafted and ever since traveled spaced until the crash." She sipped gingerly her chocolate. She took a bite of the bun and smiled.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:55 pm 
"A life well traveled is a life well lived as they say." Nakaba takes a bite of his roll. He hopes to avoid prying details about this crash unless Atena wished to talk about it. "I've spent a month on New Kalani and it really was a wonderful time. On a business meeting I managed to spot some suited up folk walking underwater just outside the bridges of the city! Supposedly was a cleaning service for scrubbing down upper city displays outside into the ocean that was made into a full tour. Immediately signed up for a tour and had a great time.." A sip of his coffee. "You spend any time down in the reefs?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:36 pm 
"Very beautiful the reefs. Just be careful that the krakens don't see you. I really enjoyed the Garden's of Suitengu. They are really beautiful."Atena smiled. "Did you visit them? They say that you must before leaving for traveling."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:29 pm 
A brief cough at the word Kraken. "What krakens? What are those? I mean I didn't read the safety brochure too well but who actually reads those thoroughly on a vacation tour?" Eyes dart wildly as if trying to remember anything of the sort. A very fun memory cast into suspicion. "I can't say I've visited those gardens in particular. Different city different part of the planet. Sell a yasuki on them. I'd like to hear."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:38 pm 
"Krakens... well they are like giant octopuses but instead of round they are more like arrow pointed heads and instead of a mouth they have a beak." The girl explained non chanlantly. "Sokara... You probably were in the Night Market of the Trade district. I was prohibited on going there tomany lights flashing around."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]