It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Sweet and Dreamy (Day 8 Early Evening, expecting)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:43 pm 
It did certainly flah through Hayato's mind that this situation was likely a bit lewder then intended, but did he really mind? There was only one answer for that.

He nodded as he slipped off his sunglasses and hung them from his pocket. "Yeah, it's not quite coffee, but the slight bitterness of the chcolate is right up my alley." He dipped forward himself and took a lick of a moderate amount of her ice cream, hoping along the way that he didn't look nearly as lewd.

"Mm... that is good." He replied as he straightened. "The Wallnut is just enough to not let the maple over power you with sweet."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:58 pm 
It didn't really look any less lewd when Hayato was doing it, and she kind of awkwardly avoided his gaze during it. There were some times when even an Utaku had improper thoughts.

"Mm, yes," she said, nodding in agreement, clearing her throat as she looked back at him. "... Coffee is your favorite flavor for ice cream then?"

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:07 pm 
"Yeah, though I honestly just really like coffee anything." He agreed, an amused smile on his lips as he looked back at the Utaku. She was cute when she was embarassed, even if she wasn't blushing.

"Maybe I've just spent too long drinking it though? It's pretty much the drink of choice in my squad. Though I suppose some of the crew like energy drinks as well."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:28 pm 
"Hmm," she nodded, brushing a hand over her hair for a moment as she casually composed herself.

"I think I prefer strong teas to coffee, but some days you just can't manage without coffee... I've never been a huge fan of energy drinks, but I've yet to find that actually tastes good and not like if someone distilled battery acid into a drink."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:36 pm 
That brought a soft chuckle from his lips. "I think that's a spot on descrption for energy drinks, Utaku-san. You'd think that after so many years with them they'd have managed a way to make them taste better though, wouldn't you?" He smirked and shook his head.

"I suppose it is that get up and go that I am looking for from coffee though, it's why I smoke too if I'm honest. Sometimes in the rangers you're on the go pretty constantly, days with lack of sleep or no sleep at all. You pick up anything that will keep ya going, and the nicotine in cigarettes is one of those. Gives you a bit of a boost."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:39 pm 
Her nose wrinkled a bit. "Smoking in a cockpit is, well, first of all dangerous. Secondly, hard to do with a helmet on." So understandably pilots didn't have the same opportunity for smoking.

"I just never liked the smell of it. Also, it's bad for you," Hyeon-ju's look was a bit more pointed at Hayato. Though samurai were already doing things that were bad for them, like fighting in wars.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:45 pm 
"I can only imagine, and well it's still mostly nicotine gum for me in the field, never really could stand chewing tobacco." Though it was popular with some people he knew. "Can't imagine smoking is really appreciated on any type of ship at all honestly."

"I know." Hayato replied, liftinghis cone and free hand in a gesture of surrender. "My sisters complain about the smell endlessly when I come visit, not to mention that other thing." He took a lick of his icecream cone. "I'd probably kick the habit though, if I had enough reason to. Or somehow ended up out of the Rangers."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:23 pm 
"Oh...?" she mused, taking another lick around the diminishing scoops of ice cream. "Sounds like you might quit if you had a spouse that made enough fuss about it."

"Speaking of... how is that going for you, by the way? Any luck finding good candidates?"

She hadn't been able to get ahead of him in points, and after today, she didn't think she'd have a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:39 pm 
"That's a distinct possibility." He agreed an amused smile touching his lips for a moment. "I suppose it doesn't hurt that so many of the ladies here seem to dislike it."

"As to that? It's been difficult, I sprobably should say in such a open setting but I've eliminated every Spider here as a possibility." The glance he gave her said that he would appreciate this information go no farther then here. "There are a couple Crane that seem likely candidates, but one I have trouble seeing romantically, and the other has different difficulties."

It had been a rather disappoint last few days if he was honest. "There is you of course, and one of the Lions. But the Lion at least is a impossibility, and we already discussed the cricumstances of the other." He took a lick of his ice cream and glanced her way. "I hope you've met with much better success?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:36 pm 
The ice cream was diminishing bit by bit as she listened to him speak.

"Hmm... well, I know they are your allies, but the Spider here? Only one of them is any decent I'd say, and that is Kuchiki Satoru. He's a skilled doctor, and a shugenja. The others seem mostly intolerable, from what I've seen." It was harsh, but honest from her at least, and she gave a shrug.

"The Lion have sent some good ones, yes. I am considering two Lion myself. Matsu Chiyoko or Akodo Akihiko."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:07 pm 
It was a harsh opinion though fair at least in Hayato's reckoning. After being left with but one option to contact and that man proving disinterested. Well, he had lost all hope as it were.

His own two scoops was less then it was aa he ate and listened to her opinion. "I've met neither myself though if you hold them in regard im sure both are fine samurai. Though i suppose i could say that Akodo-sama is a fine pilot after today."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 pm 
"Yes," she agreed, though it was not a topic she wanted to dwell on now mostly based on her own performance.

"Of the Crane though... Daidoji Ishiyo-san and Doji Ichika-san are both very nice. I would recommend both, really."

Oh right, Ichika had said she was going out with Hayato later to the Crab dive.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:40 pm 
"Those are the two that have caught my interest." He admitted with a nod. "Though as I said, I do see Doji-san as more of a little sister. I suppose fixing that is just a matter of time and effort on my part."

"Daidoji-san is the one that has caught my eye more, I'd have to admit but there are difficulties there that is not my place to share." He smirked. "I might discuss the possibility more when I see her tomorrow though."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:46 pm 
She nodded. "It... might not be my place to share, but she means well. Daidoji-sama is mostly worried that marriage will take her away from her true passion that is flying - I think that if you can assure her that it won't happen, she will probably easen up some. It's kind of what most pilots fear; being grounded."

Having reached the cone itself, Hyeon-ju took a bite out of it. She didn't consider it to be underhanded to try to help her 'rivals' as it were; both were good samurai, and it was dishonorable to try to sabotage them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:11 pm 
"Yes, she shared that with me with he talked a few days ago. I'm not surprised its something that most pilots share, from what I understand there is nothing in the galaxy quite like it."

He paused a moment to lick a trail of ice cream off the side of his cone before it could hit his hand. "I suppose it helps matters that I'm not entirely attached to my duty, so if it comes to one of us staying home I'd being willing to be the one." He paused a moment. "Not that i hate what I do, the camaraderie the skill involved, are all something I enjoy. I'm just not attached to the end results, taking a life when the target has little chance defend himself or do little more then just die."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:36 pm 
From what Ishiyo had said, Hayato seemed pretty ideal then. Though maybe there was some other factors at work.

"Well, you certainly have your pick of the field as it is now, Tsuruchi-san. You're one of the most highly valued samurai here according to the matchmakers."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:12 pm 
His lips moved into a wry smile at that. "And here i am struggling over making a decision."

He shook his head before looking back towards Hyeon-ju. "Thank you, you've given me a lot to think about Utaku-san. Though I suppose i should say its past I turn my mind away from that and to the beautiful woman before me."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:28 pm 
She looked to her sides, as if to look for this so-called beautiful woman. "Oh, right... me?" Hyeon-ju smirked a little at her attempt at humor.

"Well, we don't have to decide yet. And there's something nice about not worrying about the decisions yet either, and as you say, look at what is in front of us. No shame in enjoying these momentary friendships - like two ships passing in the night, as the old saying goes."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:06 am 
"As if you ever had any doubt." He teased in return though the joke did receive a soft chuckle.

"Like two ships passing in the night." The mantis agreed shifting to sit back against the bench and bring his cone up to take a bite. "You know, if you take that completely the wrong way, it can sound rather lewd." Hayato teased his eyes drifting upwards thoughtfully.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:46 am 
She raised her eyebrows and seemed genuinly surprised about it. "Wait... how do you mean? How is that lewd?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next