It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Sweet Dreams [Day 10, EN, Common Room]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:01 am 
At the end of her day Ichika could sigh peacefully. Thinking on the festival tomorrow brought a warmth to her smile. Set up with her portable computer on one of the tables in the common room Ichika leaned onto one of those uncomfortable little pillows as she worked away at a program. Bit by bit bringing something closer and closer together.

As good as the day was it was tiring, and while she didn't make much progress she did make some.

Day 10, EN | Computers(Music)[Int], Void +1k1, vs Cumulative TN 210 (Project): 6d10ro1o10k4 19

Post subject: Re: Sweet Dreams [Day 10, EN, Common Room]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:53 am 
Tenma yawned, walking out of her room in her wolf patterned PJs. She wore fuzzy crimson slippers and her mask as well, having slipped that all on to go to the restrooms to brush her teeth, grooming kit in hand. Spying someone in the common area, she couldn't help peeking at their densai.

"...whatcha working on, Crane-san? If you don't mind me asking that is?"

The voice came from behind Ichika, full of curiosity.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:01 am 
Shion got to the common room after a quick bath. With all that happened today... his had been an odd day to have at a Miai. As she tried to clear her mind a bit, she remembered she had wanted to meet Ichika again... other duty done, she'd be happy to see and maybe work a bit with music again. She'd had enough of the sound of shots already...

After the time healing and talking to the others and a quick bath to relax, she got into the common room, considering whether she should send a message to Ichika's comm and maybe delay their meeting... just to find her sitting at the computer.

"Oi... Doji-san!", she said slightly surprised, but smiling. "Konbanwa! I was just thinking about you... sorry for not calling you earlier, weird day. Eh... would I disturb?", she says, pointing to a place not far from her.

Seeing the Bayushi girl coming to the Common Room as well, she waves and bows at her. "Ah... konbanwa, Scorpion-sama"

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:41 am 
Ichika perked up her ear at the sound of someone behind her only to see Shion in front of her. With a smile she gave a little waved to Shion before quickly looking over a shoulder to Tenma, "Oh! Hello Scorpion-sama," she said with a little smiled and seated bow as best she could manage at this angle.

"And Suzume-san," she looked back to Shion with another smile. "I was just playing with some values.. mixing the song," she said, indicating the headphones to the side, "but I was taking a little break to just.." she shook her head and laughed, "look at it a little while, that weird?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:58 am 
"Oh, hello Suzume-san."

Not expecting someone from the other direction, Tenma ignored her own question in favor of bowing to the other samurai, "You two know each other then? I'm Bayushi Tenma, senior Yoriki to Bayushi Korobuto, chief magistrate to the Governor of Shiro Tsuroru."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:11 pm 
"We met the other day in the bathhouse, mmm," Ichika nodded. Looking to Tenma she slipped from her seat, grabbing the pillow and setting it aside in the motion. Bowing properly, "A pleasure to meet you Bayushi-sama," she smiled.

Looking back up she put a hand to her chest, "I am Doji Ichika, kinda courtier, kinda poet," she laughed a little, shrugged. "Over there is the wonderful Suzume Shion-san. She's a trained bushi but works with the Miya Entertainment Network as a musician," she reported happily. Looking between both of them with a little smile, referencing the table, "Shall we sit?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:03 pm 
Shion takes a while to answer Tenma, true to her clan's (and player's) fame for slowness, and when Ichika answers first she nods at her words with a confirming "Hai" and a smile. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Bayushi-sama.", she says, bowing again" Sadly can't say I know Shiro Tsororu... Or much of the Scorpion lands other than a small part of the World of Dreams really.", she says with an apologetic face and a small smile. "Is Shiro Tsororu close by?"

Turning to Ichika then "Not weird at all! I mean... I usually trust my ears more than my eyes, but it sometimes helps to see the lil' colourful boxes lining up, inagine a song in my head and see if something seems out of place or odd", she says with an easier smile than usual for her. Probably because music...

"But Doji-san... You're too kind", she says as she realises what she's said to the Bayushi about her. "Bu'... Yeah, I'm in the Miya Network", she says more demurely. She then nods towards the table, as if agreeing with Ichika, and starts slowly moving towards it.

Turning to the Doji again, then, she interest in her eyes shining through despite her efforts. "So... How's it coming off, Doji-san?"

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:12 am 
Tenma has forgotten about brushing her teeth at this point and finds a folding chair, tuning it around before unfolding it and sitting in it backwards, arms draped across the back.

"A couple of musicians, hm? Been meeting a lot of your kind at the miai here. Didn't know many musicians back home. Shiro Tsuroru though? Naw, not really close to the World of Dreams. Just a plain old shipping center on a backwater Scorpion farming planet. Seemed like a big enough city to me, larger than Shiro Yoake here... but probably would be considered a quaint village by someone from the World of Dreams."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:28 pm 
Ichika looked up, smiling to Shion as she came to join her. Glancing over to Tenma she gave a little shake of her head, wave of her hand, "I'm not a musician, not really," she laughed a little awkwardly. "Just playing around with it mostly, but it's been fun and I'm looking forward to seeing it finish, yea? Though really, I'm more of a poet.. in a sense, well, a courtier but I really like poetry. Ever since I was little I've been writing it," she nodded.

Looking back to Shion with a little pleasant smile, "When I'm done with this maybe we'll get a chance someday to work on something together, yea?" she laughed. "You listen.. do the music," she brings up her hand like she was writing on a piece of paper, "I write?" she laughed again.

[Sorry, life's been busy IRL! Thank you for waiting!]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:12 pm 
Shion got a chair for herself as they settled around the table. As Ichika speaks, she keeps quiet, a small, slightly awkward smile on the corner of her lips.

She was convinced Ichika had a musician in herself as well, but poet really did her more justice.

Turning to Tenma, Shion nodded. "I see. So... more like a... smaller centre? Sounds nice. Used to smaller places myself... mostly", she answered.

Then as Ichika spoke again, she half-hid a smile of her own. "Oh! That'd be grand", she says, a bit more excitedly than usual for her. "Ah, bu'... let's see a bit of your solo work first, shall we?", she said, grin creeping over the right side of her mouth.

She then asked the Bayushi "So... there are a few musicians around, ne, Bayushi-san? I suppose you've met Moto Ruhe-sama, then? Ah... may I ask what you find of the music scene... I mean, here? And in the Miai?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:45 am 
"Music... scene? Not heard much, apart from what they play at the Kayama, and Moto-san's own playing. And anyways..."

She looked at Ichika a moment, "You know, the line between a poet and a musician is pretty fine. Well, at least from a writing perspective. I've certainly learned that much from Moto-san."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:25 pm 
Shion gives a small, silent chuckle. "Oh.. well, there's something going on at least! There is some music at the Drunk'N Crab place in the lower city - I actually had the chance to perform with Moto-sama there. The Kayama is interesting, and... There's at least some people trying to make their mark too", she says, small smile on he left lip.

"But... It is a small place... And... As for poetry and music ", she says, small smile still on her face. "Got a point I suppose! But then... There are poets... and there are poets, yeah, Doji-san?", she says turning a small grin to the Crane.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]