It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: We're Number One! (Day 1, EM)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:53 am 
"Fondness and attraction can develop over time. Finding a spouse who can work with you, and you with them, the rest can happen with effort." He added, unblinking, looking to the three. "Compatability is important as well."

He looked to Ichika. "You are likely his best source of advice, though. I have some talent in performance, but I am a poor teacher."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 am 
"No, you aren't," Ichika leaned in with a light smile, "just a little kidding, yea?" she dipped her head to the woman, in a manner to avoid offense or apologize.

"Something you may learn, is that people do not always show everything they have in a profile. If all I do is push you a little bit further toward a match that both helps your clan, and brings you a little happiness at the end of the day. Better to get a good sense of your spouse before you solidify all the paper work, yea?" she said with a light smile, looking at everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:24 am 
" I should definitely see if I can find the other Crab, and maybe find out who it is I am supposed to..." he swallows hard "Marry I guess?"

Gear: Steel Silk Flight Suit, Diasho, Sidearm, Falcon, Communicator & Densai
Field Pack: Gasmask, Holorecorder, Med Pack, Cone Lantern, Paper & Ink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 am 
"You have passed your gempukku and are considered an adult by society, Kuni-san. You are ready for marriage." The words were supposed to be encouraging and reassuring. But were delivered with the warmth of a commanding officer.

"As for the earlier matter, Doji-san," she eased her posture somewhat. "It has been... some years since I was last the recipent for a poetic letter. I believe back when I was a very young teenager. I just never responded to any of them since I'm no good with poetry myself."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:05 am 
"Well," she said, bringing her hands together, "a good poem can tell you a lot about the writer and their intentions, but it's always hidden underneath a few layers. A lot of care goes into a good poem. Receiving one, just as giving one, can tell you about their intentions or you can tell them about yours," she said, a happy nod.

"We may be at a Miai, and the usual courtship rules are different... but they can still help, if you've decided on a certain person. Receiving a well written poem is like," she paused, thought, she was about to go into something flowery but then with a half-lided eye leaned in toward Hyeon-ju, "tell you how careful and mindful your potential match is. Good information to have if you are trying to make the best choice, yea?" she said with a laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:28 am 
She considered the offer very carefully, like a tactician considering the next move in a naval conflict.

"I have not yet decided on anyone, but I will be honored to benefit from your offer when I have found someone I consider a worthy candidate." Hyeon-ju offered a respectful dip of her head.

"In return, you may feel free to ask for my assistance as well - as a driver in the city or a pilot to the outlying areas. Or just want to swap makeup and wardrobe ideas." That latter brought a brief smile to her features. And well, her own make-up was on fleek as some of the hip samurai would say.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:01 am 
Bringing her hands together, Ichika smiled, "That sounds like a wonderful exchange," she said with a light, brief laugh. "You do your makeup so well! It'll be really fun! I think! We can swap styles a little, see how it works? Oh I'm so excited," she smiled, then, glanced over to Koryn and Ryuu.

"Maybe that's what we should talk about next? While we're all looking for good matches for our Clan, we can still think about what we like, right? Help narrow down some of the options together? More eyes on the task," she glanced between all three again, figuring they likely had a good sense of why that was beneficial.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:57 am 
"I am looking for someone to Strengthen the alliances to the Spider. A Crane or a Mantis. After that, perhaps a Phoenix tied to any sympathetic Daimyo." He said with a certain clinical precision.

"As far as I am concerned. For myself, I would like a partner. One who I can compliment and they do the same for me. Someone who would converse with me, and work together, to build what we have, and earn the blessing of Benten."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:10 am 
The Unicorn didn't have the benefit of strong alliances like the Spider and Crane had... which she felt painfully aware of right now.

"Like a proper samurai, I am looking for potential matches that would benefit my clan, to build alliances. The Lion, the Crab, and the Phoenix, are strong contenders, though I do not rule out other clans completely as long as the partnership would be beneficial to my lord. A Shugenja would be of great interest to my Family as well."

She took a deep breath. "I would prefer not to marry out, but I am also willing to work with that. Personally, I prefer a partner who works hard, would be a caregiver for any children, and acts with honor."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:24 am 
"A most wonderful thing to hope for," she said to Ryuu on his answer, a smile alongside it. While she continued to listen she found herself a seat on one of the beds, leaving the seat and other bed for the others. Or the space next to her, she supposed, wasn't a very small bed.

"See," she said, almost teasingly, "I knew you had some personal preferences hiding in there Utaku-san," she smiled "I am certain you'll find a match that will benefit your clan, and I do hope you find one that allows you to take the dominant role in the partnership," she nods her head.

"I'm certain we can help you both find ones who'll meet that, yea?" she said with a smile and a nod. Glancing then, finally, to the Kuni once more.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3