It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Solo (D9, LA, Common Room)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:57 am 
Her own voice was a whisper too. "A cult? Why?" Hyeon-ju seemed a little disgusted at the idea. To her, the magistrate was probably pissed at these people wandering around in a restricted area. Maybe there had been mushroom-men there before.

... But she wasn't willing to completely rule it out now. "I suppose the Crab must've spilled the beans then if that's all she wanted from you?"

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:07 am 
Yul rubbed his face with one hand. "It's something about returning the planet to the state it was before humans came here. Which, I mean, not to say there's not something to be said for an unspoiled wilderness. It's beautiful out there. But from the sounds of it, it'd be really, really bad for all the people here."

Grimly, Yul nodded. "Yeah. Apparently." After a few moments, he shrugged. "I'm not too happy about it, but what's done is done."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:26 am 
"What's done is done," she agreed, though with a sigh. What a mess.

Feeling some frustration, Hyeon-ju rubbed her neck. Too much had been going on this miai that she hadn't known about it seemed, and some people had just also made it worse!

"... Is there anything I can do to help? I don't want that bastard to get away with what he did to Matsu-san..."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:39 am 
Yul nodded. "I figured you'd say something like that. I promise, if I hear anything about it, you'll be the first one to hear. Maybe you'll be the one to end him."

He spread his hands. "Now we just need to find him, of course. We had a couple thoughts. The spirits around... where it all happened could be consulted. Or maybe some of his associates interrogated." He frowned. "Where you were last night... did it seem like that was his studio?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:55 am 
"He not only hurt me, and was responsible for what happened to Matsu-san, but he also committed crimes against fashion..." those three were all very grave transgressions.

"But... yes. It seemed that way. Looked recently refurbished. Looked clean and tidy, even had an AC unit working, and there were pictures of designs on the walls there. It smelled pretty bad though - like something rotting. I thought at the time it was the neighbourhood, or the fungus that the locals seem to use for a lot of things here, like planks."

Then she had realised it was the mushroom-zombie.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:10 am 
Yul snorted laughter, then he gave Hyeon-ju an uncertain look. She... she was joking, right?

Clearing his throat, Yul went on. "Being involved in fashion as he was, there was a thought that he might show up at the con. I mean, that seems crazy, but tsukai, right?" Lips twisting, Yul made a vague circle in the vicinity of his temple with a finger.

"There was also supposed to be a show at the castle. That got cancelled." Yul shrugged. "Don't think that's a lead, though. Just a reminder about what a big deal this guy was."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:09 am 
"The outfit he wanted me to try on was supposed to be presented to the governor's court. I..." she shuddered, remembering the strange and painful experience, and she absently rubbed her arm. "I think the plan must've been that the... outfit was supposed to be able to take control over me, or something like that. Though I don't know for what purpose."

Hyeon-ju felt like she'd rather not know. "I'll keep an eye out for him at the Con. Did you find any pictures of him on the net, so you know what to look for?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:16 am 
Yul couldn't help but shudder at that. "Wow. Take over you? That's really messed up." He tossed the rest of his tea back in one gulp, as though it were sake.

Setting his cup down again, Yul looked at her. "Yeah. I saw pictures of him. Heard clips of his voice, too." He nodded. "We're gonna get the bastard, Hyeon-ju. I promise." Yul said, his voice firm.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:58 pm 
With a hint of discomfort in her features, she touched the collar of her yukata.

She didn't throw the tea back like it was sake, though she felt she really needed a stiff drink. But it would have to wait. "Yes. Yes, we will. I've spoken with Akodo-sama, and... hopefully, the Lion and the Unicorn can end the bastard together. Because, to be honest," the following words was rather uncharacteristic for her, "fuck these guys for letting this happen in their city. Chiyoko-san is dead because of this mess, and it is their fault. She didn't go looking for danger outside the city or poke nature with a stick - she was..." there was an angry frown forming on her lips, "she was being a good guest, following the rules of our host with the expectations that they would be good hosts."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:58 am 
Yul's lips pressed tightly together. "Yeah. And with the magistrate much more interested in punishing me and my cohorts than in getting our testimony..." He gave a half-shrug, spreading the fingers of one hand.

With a sigh, Yul nodded. "The Lion have been good friends. I'd be honored to help them track down Matsu-san's killer. I guess it's good to know who your friends are, huh?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:51 pm 
"That's for certain." She agreed, eyes narrowing slightly as she thought about who they could really trust here.

"I don't think politics are going to change over what we report back, though I hope it is something to take into consideration, at the very least."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:34 am 
Yul's forehead creased as he considered. "Maybe not. But maybe so. I mean, we're trusted enough to make decisions about our marriages without a nakodo to watch over us. If we weren't, we probably would have just been married to other Unicorn. So, we're ambassadors, even if just in a small way."

He spread his hands. "Maybe what we report back will make a difference. At the very least, I bet our reports will be looked at. Maybe influence how other clans are looked at, at least. I don't know."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:44 pm 
"Oh, it's not that I mean that our actions here are completely without meaning. We are here to represent the Unicorn, and trusted to manage our own matches. Our actions reflect on our clan and families." The last sentence was delivered a bit more pointed, as she felt Yul need a reminder there.

"But, say, if we all decided to marry Spiders, or Mantis, or Crane, I don't think we alone would change the state of our clans' relationships with eachother. So, our superiors might take into account what we report back, but if it will have a big impact? Probably not."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:09 am 
Yul grimaced, shaking his head. "Hey, I already took my beating. Don't worry, I'm not planning to earn another one."

Frowning, he drummed his fingers on the table. "Yeah... probably not." After a moment, he looked at her, smiling gently. "Although I feel that we might have some hope of friendship with the Lion, after all this is done. No matter how matches turn out. Although..." He shrugged.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:14 am 
Hyeon-ju sighed, pushing some of her hair away from her face as she composed herself. "I've spoken some with Akodo-sama, and... well, to be honest, I want to get this matter with Chiyoko-san's killer resolved before I think of the future."

"After that... I don't know... I will speak with him. We'll see if we can secure an alliance between our clans."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:30 am 
Smiling, Yul nodded. "One thing at a time. And what I mean is, even if things don't work out with Akodo-sama, maybe we can make something of it all the time."

Half-scowling, Yul crossed his arms over his chest. "Although frankly, I think he should pick you. I think the two of you would make..." Yul's lips worked for a moment, "-a really auspicious match."

His lips twisted further, as though he was biting something sour. "And... you're... quite a catch. Ugh!" He slapped the table, smiling. "Fortunes, I feel like I should go wash my mouth out or something."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:55 am 
Hyeon-ju scowled at him, hands moving up to smooth out the collar of her yukata.

"If you're just going to insult me like that you can go, Yul. I'm not in the mood for you giving me backhanded compliments." As always, her rage wasn't loud or roaring, but a quiet and bone-chilling coldness.

With that said, she rose from where they had been sitting, picking up her cup as she intended to leave.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:19 am 
"What?" Scowling, Yul spread his hands. "How was that an insult? That was a compliment. Just because I..." He grimaced, gesturing to her. "I mean, you..." He gestured randomly for a few moments.

He shook his head, and then looked at her, lips pressed together. "I guess we really are like fire and ice, huh? Even if we try, it's still a mess."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:07 pm 
"It's not a compliment when you say you feel dirty for just saying it," she said with an angry scowl at him, before turning and walking away.

She was done.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:35 pm 
"I..." Yul grimaced as she walked away. "Damnit." He fumed a bit, and then shook his head. Maybe he should apologize. Would it help? They always seemed to end up back here. He'd... think about it.

Shaking his head again, he went about clearing away the tea-set. He'd make it up to her somehow, if he could...

/scene

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2