It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Post subject: Training a Monster (Day 10 Early Morning, common room.)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:42 pm 

A happy orange kitten was running around the common room of the inn in the early hours of the day. It seemed to have shed itself of most of its feral ways with the help of a certain Phoenix. It still was a little shy of humans but Hayato had at least got the beast playing with one of the cat toys he bought.

While the kitten may be happy though, the Mantis at least appeared to be decidedly not. There were a pair of thick protective gloves on his hands and a handkerchief wrapped around his mouth and nose. Not that the later did much good if the man's puffy watery eyes were any indication. The occasional snifflle and sneeze didn't lend any credibility to its effectiveness either.

Still he was at least doing his part to help domesticate the creature he had helped rescue.

Kitten training unskilled day 10 em! Currently 44/60: 3d10 7

53/60!

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

Post subject: Re: Training a Monster (Day 10 Early Morning, common room.)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:50 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Snip

A certain Lion comes down the stairs in her exercise clothes, determined to start the day without another workout....it was not to be.

To Shoan's credit, she hesitates no more than half a second upon seeing Bandit Hayako and the Orange Terror. Well, maybe it was a full second.

"Hayato-san?" Reaching the ground floor she bows politely, looking between the Mantis and the kitten
"Your nemesis? I take it?"

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:56 pm 
Hayato blinked a few times raising a hand to wipe at his eyes with his sleeve. "Captured and under training for proper kitten behavior Shoan-san." The Matnis confirmed, his voice slighty off due to his stopped up nose.

"Mostly I'm just feeding his and trying to keep him out of places he shouldn't be." He explained a moment later.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:02 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato blinked a few times raising a hand to wipe at his eyes with his sleeve. "Captured and under training for proper kitten behavior Shoan-san." The Matnis confirmed, his voice slighty off due to his stopped up nose.

"Mostly I'm just feeding his and trying to keep him out of places he shouldn't be." He explained a moment later.

"Ah huh....."
She glances over at the kitten again who seemed to be happily swatting at something
"Are you quite alright?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:09 pm 
Closer inspection would show that it was a ball with a bell in it, it seemed to not have distracted then kitten too much though, as upon spotting the invader aka Shoan, the Kitten came charging over. It stopped about four paces short of the lioness arching it's back menacingly and making two short hops back before ineffectually swatting the air in her general direction.

Spotting the Kitten coming closer, Hayato eyes it warily trying to figure out it's destination, though he settled down as he figure dout the Kitten wasn't charging him. "I'm okay, mostly."

He sniffed. "I'll put him up before it gets too bad."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:13 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Closer inspection would show that it was a ball with a bell in it, it seemed to not have distracted then kitten too much though, as upon spotting the invader aka Shoan, the Kitten came charging over. It stopped about four paces short of the lioness arching it's back menacingly and making two short hops back before ineffectually swatting the air in her general direction.

Spotting the Kitten coming closer, Hayato eyes it warily trying to figure out it's destination, though he settled down as he figure dout the Kitten wasn't charging him. "I'm okay, mostly."

He sniffed. "I'll put him up before it gets too bad."

"Well....try not to be vanquished by proximity to this dangerous creature, although it would be a heroic way to go."

Shoan slowly kneels down, peering at the kitten before bowing formally
"Kitten-san, it is nice to meet you. But please, consider your behaviour towards my friend"
Stage whispering
"He's a really proficient hunter, so you should probably reconsider mortal combat with him."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:53 pm 
"I think ill manage." Hayato replied watching Shoan and the kitten with an amused expression. Though his mask prevented it from being seen.

The kitten merely watched the Lion for a few moments with wide eyes. The warning may of been heard or it might not, as the kitten immediately pounced attacking the laces of Shoan's shoe.

"He's a bit rambunctious." Hayato offered apologetically at the kittens antics.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:19 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I think ill manage." Hayato replied watching Shoan and the kitten with an amused expression. Though his mask prevented it from being seen.

The kitten merely watched the Lion for a few moments with wide eyes. The warning may of been heard or it might not, as the kitten immediately pounced attacking the laces of Shoan's shoe.

"He's a bit rambunctious." Hayato offered apologetically at the kittens antics.

“There is nothing wrong with ferocity.”
Peering down at the attack cat.

“He is merely learning how to hunt. We had sensei. He has shoes.”
Shoan doesn’t seem to mind the assault at all
“Will you keep him?”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:44 pm 
Hayato shook his head. "I'm gonna find him a home, hopefully one if the Samurai here will take him." He scratched his cloth covered cheek. "If not maybe I'll send him home as a present for my sisters."

"Either way, I can't really do this everyday." The final sentence was punctuated with a sniff.

Meanwhile the kitten was scampering all over the shoe monster clawing and tugging at the laces like they were some sort of prey. Unfortunately he has thus far been unable to detach them and drag them back to the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:50 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato shook his head. "I'm gonna find him a home, hopefully one if the Samurai here will take him." He scratched his cloth covered cheek. "If not maybe I'll send him home as a present for my sisters."

"Either way, I can't really do this everyday." The final sentence was punctuated with a sniff.

Meanwhile the kitten was scampering all over the shoe monster clawing and tugging at the laces like they were some sort of prey. Unfortunately he has thus far been unable to detach them and drag them back to the ball.

“No, your nemesis appears to be getting the better of you.”
Shoan waggles her finger down at the kitten

“Give your sisters a kitten and you will be popular forever. Although it’s an Asakaze cat... are you sure it’s not a mushroom of some kind?”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:14 am 
"Well, it's not beige." Hayato observed looking over the kitten for a moment. The kitten having grown bored with the laces hopped up in an attempt to tackle Shoan's wiggling finger.

"As for losing... Well, biological warfare is cheating."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:21 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Well, it's not beige." Hayato observed looking over the kitten for a moment. The kitten having grown bored with the laces hopped up in an attempt to tackle Shoan's wiggling finger.

"As for losing... Well, biological warfare is cheating."

“Of course.”

Furiously waggling her finger under the assault
“Who is a dishonourable little warrior? You are. You are!”
Shaking her head happily
“I never had a pet at home, but I can see the attraction... well, despite the assault.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:41 am 
"Cute aren't they?" Hayato replied with a chuckle, though the laugh was cut short by a sneeze. Rubbing his sleeve across his eyes, he watched as the Kitten tried to ineffectually catch Shoan's finger.

"I should probably think of a name for him, though that might be best left for the owner."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:47 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Cute aren't they?" Hayato replied with a chuckle, though the laugh was cut short by a sneeze. Rubbing his sleeve across his eyes, he watched as the Kitten tried to ineffectually catch Shoan's finger.

"I should probably think of a name for him, though that might be best left for the owner."

“Careful, if you name him you’ll get attached and have to spend the rest of your life in a space suit.”
Shoan does eventually let the kitten catch the finger, she is not made of stone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:12 am 
The kitten of course will try to wrestle with the finger, as well as the rest of the hand. Back feet kicking as he tries to get a good angle to gnaw on said finger.

"That's what I saw thinking, its why he is still Kitten. He's a bit Fiesta though, so I hope whoever takes him gives him a proper bushi name."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:30 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
The kitten of course will try to wrestle with the finger, as well as the rest of the hand. Back feet kicking as he tries to get a good angle to gnaw on said finger.

"That's what I saw thinking, its why he is still Kitten. He's a bit Fiesta though, so I hope whoever takes him gives him a proper bushi name."

“He really has no fear, I’m quite impressed. This cat is more fearsome than half the samurai at the mia”
She starts fearlessly tickling the cat with said finger, could he gnaw while being rubbed

“It makes sense, you found him in a shooting range so he clearly is not worried by combat.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:45 am 
He could try! Though it got significantly harder when he started to purr. This was war though and he would reign Supreme! Purr, purr, purr. Defeat.

"Well, he usually has no fear." Hayato offered with a smirk. "You're right though, when i say him at first he seemed far more ready to fight then flee. He's got good instincts at least."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:59 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
He could try! Though it got significantly harder when he started to purr. This was war though and he would reign Supreme! Purr, purr, purr. Defeat.

"Well, he usually has no fear." Hayato offered with a smirk. "You're right though, when i say him at first he seemed far more ready to fight then flee. He's got good instincts at least."

“Or maybe he just wanted to give you a bad cold? Perhaps it was also some kind of plot?”
Shoan is not made of stone, when he starts purring the bushi looks very happy indeed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:05 am 
"He doesn't look the type for plots." Hayato mused, pointing at the kitten who was rubbing his head against the Ikoma's hand. "You gonna pick him up? Seems like he wants to cuddle."

Step one to giving away a kitten right? Let someone hold it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"He doesn't look the type for plots." Hayato mused, pointing at the kitten who was rubbing his head against the Ikoma's hand. "You gonna pick him up? Seems like he wants to cuddle."

Step one to giving away a kitten right? Let someone hold it.

“Oh? You think he won’t mind?”
Shoan rubs for a few moments longer before gently scoping him up with her hand
“You don’t mind do you little warrior? Better view up here, easier to spot your prey.”

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next