It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: (D11 EA) The Brush or the Sword - Room Six
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:22 pm 
Nozomi atop her rough bed in a meditative pose. Her eyes were shut too tight for comfort and there was a visible frown upon her face. She sat there without any tension leaving her body until she eventually kicked out her feet out of frustration.

Instead, she picked up her densai and lied back on her bed. She scrolled through her readings, still being a rather grumpy sort.

---

D11 EA Meditation / Void for VP Recovery TN 20: 4d10o10k3 19

Post subject: Re: (D11 EA) The Brush or the Sword - Room Six
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:35 am 
"Afternoon roomie! How are you Kitsu-san?" Koseki had appeared in the doorway seeming quite cheerful. He moved over to his bunk and pulled out his duffel bag. Rummaging began.

"Where did I... Aha!" He pulled out a radio triumphantly. "Knew I brought one." He started repacking and then flopped on the bed, folding his arms behind his head.

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:43 am 
"I've been better," Nozomi admitted. She put on a smile. "That's almost always true though, isn't it?"

She put on a more honest face, one that was a bit frustrated. "What do you need the radio for?" she asked, if only to distract herself from her worries.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:50 am 
"Hey, if it's anything I can help you with just say the word." He reached over and pulled the radio onto his chest before looking at the info screen.

"I've been meaning to check my library of Moto Death Metal before we all leave. Figured I'd get some more recommendations from Moto Ruhe-san and also see if I can get some recordings. Theres got to be some new stuff I've missed, but we only chatted about the classics. What are you into?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:25 pm 
"Oh, no, I don't know if you can help me with this," Nozomi admitted. "It's more of a personal matter anyways."

The priestess peered at the man's belongings and then smiled warmly. "Oh, to be honest, I'm not much of a music person to begin with. I tend to find it rather distracting."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:50 am 
Koseki nodded, some things couldn't even be fixed by a Firefly safety expert. He smiled at the comment. "I got into Moto Death Metal because it helped with blocking out the sound of heavy machinery. Now I sometimes find it distracting not to have any music, or machinery, going on in the background. In fact I was just telling Eriko-san it took me ages to get used to planet noises."

Ghost dad rolled his eyes, having heard the story too many times now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:07 am 
Nozomi frowned at the mention of the Crab though she didn't verbalize anything. "Have you met Utaku Hyeon-ju? I spoke with her about it being strange to have feet on the ground, as the saying goes."

She raised a brow. "It must have been even longer for you, no? What with your clan's duties and all."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:01 pm 
"I sure did! Met her at the club one night when I was playing a set. We went dancing together, it was fun." He smiled at the memory. "It's kinda funny to call myself a pilot with Unicorn, Lion, and Crane fighter aces around. Still, I guess there's not much call for them to fly through asteroid belts, so maybe I shouldn't sell myself too short."

He thought back to his journey to the miai. It seemed like an age ago.

"It's pretty weird to be on the ground, but I just came from three months on Amanoseki. That's the new world we share with the Imperial families. It's our first real homeworld. Before that though, deep space all the way. Planets take a lot of getting used to."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:16 pm 
"There's a distinction there," Nozomi admitted. "I doubt fighter pilots know how to properly maintain an exploration vessel for an extended period."

She smiled faintly. "There're a variety of planets too. Though, I admit, once you get used to ground, that novelty goes away quickly."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:39 am 
"Yeah, that's true. My payloads are usually ore not ordnance, but deep space has enough challenges without getting shot at."

He supposed that was true of planets. "Have you been to many planets then Kitsu-san? Any that stand out for you? The two I've seen have been crazy."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:18 am 
"Exactly. Every samurai serves a purpose. Well, for the most part," she corrected herself awkwardly. "I imagine your ships do not have much in the way of weaponry either."

Nozomi nodded. "Other than here, it's been limited to Lion planets. The architecture is... very samey, to be honest. The Phoenix are way more innovative with their designs."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]