It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Time After Time (D4, LE, Common Room)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:33 am 
The thunderstorm continued outside. While many people were busy drying off after returning from the wrestling event, Tsuigharu snaked a prime viewing seat for the broadcast. He wasn't sure if he was really going to enjoy this show or not, but he was willing to give it a chance.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

Post subject: Re: Time After Time (D4, LE, Common Room)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:13 am 
Ishiyo arrived in the commons in her casual clothes and made her way to the waiting Tsugiharu. “Daigotsu-san, mind if I join you? I have not seen Starlight Crusaders since I was a little girl.” She sounded extremely cheerful to be viewing it again right now though.

“I hope everything has been going well since we last spoke.”

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:18 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo arrived in the commons in her casual clothes and made her way to the waiting Tsugiharu. “Daigotsu-san, mind if I join you? I have not seen Starlight Crusaders since I was a little girl.” She sounded extremely cheerful to be viewing it again right now though.

“I hope everything has been going well since we last spoke.”

He bowed to the Daidoji.

"Of course, Daidoji-sama. I'm not familiar with this show, so having a friendly guide would be appreciated. Though I do promise not to spend the entire time asking, "But who is that?'" he admitted.

"I have been well enough, Daidoji-sama, and yourself?"

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:52 am 
"Some set backs as always, my biathlon run yesterday was insufficient. But I feel this morning's exercise went well." Ishiyo smiles, "The company has, as been pleasant as well."

She takes a seat with a good view. "If I remembeh correctly the OVA is pretty self-contained. It's all reused animation until the final villain though."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:21 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
"Some set backs as always, my biathlon run yesterday was insufficient. But I feel this morning's exercise went well." Ishiyo smiles, "The company has, as been pleasant as well."

She takes a seat with a good view. "If I remembeh correctly the OVA is pretty self-contained. It's all reused animation until the final villain though."

He shrugged a bit.

"Well, given that I haven't seen what they're re-using from, it'll all be new to me. So, care to give me a quick rundown of the cast before it starts, as well as tell me your favorite?" he asked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:41 am 
[Insert comprehensive history of SMC that there should be a wiki for at this point. Along with why whichever SMC is the Sailor Mercury stand-in is Ishiyo's favorite]

"...and that is why she is clearly the best." Ishiyo side with a self-assured nod. "They reused a lot of the animation in this one because the team is stuck in a time loop. And...well you will just have to see."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:06 pm 
Tusigharu simply nodded taking in the information torrent.

"Hm, You know, Daidoji-sama, for someone who hasn't watched the show in years, your level of retention and attention to detail is quite remarkable." he commented idly.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:27 pm 
Ishiyo blushed, "I mean the fandom is still fun even if I do not watch the show anymore." She gave a small shrug.

"So how is you-eh current plan to find a spouse? I remembeh you were going to strike multiple targets at once." She chuckled softly and gave the Spider an amused grin.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:29 pm 
(A bit of GM fact/reference drop.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:32 pm 
Tsugiharu shrugged a bit.

"It continues about as is expected. Sadly we cannot all be the gifted diplomats that Daidoji-sama put herself forth as today." he said.

"Although I really shouldn't have been surprised, how many times have the....Doves negotiated with the Tiger and the Locust over the years?" he asked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:59 pm 
Ishiyo chuckles, "Would it have been I had the power of rock though. I would have never thought peace through superior riff power was even an option."

"I am just please I proved to be neah equal of my formally trained cousins. But Lady Doji's children have been working toward political stability and peace for generations now so I suppose it is expected we would do well."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:25 am 
Quote:
The broadcast begins!

Establishing shot of darkened Matsu Hiroko's room, with the camera panning to an alarm clock turning over to 5 am.

<Lion Roar Sound Effect>

Radio DJ: "Goooood morning honorable samurai of the Lion! In the name of Akodo-no-kami, it's time to awaken! I am your bard with the beats, Ikoma Koji! We're looking at a nice morning, with a chance of thunderstorms later this evening, so get out their and bring glory to the name of the Lion! And to help you get started, here's the latest song from PowerPride, 'Honor Without Compromise!'

<Music Begins>

Tsugiharu nodded splitting his attention between the broadcast and the Crane.

"So what of your own strategy, Daidoji-sama? Have you a clearer idea of how the miai will end for you?" he asked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:50 am 
Ishiyo frowns and falls silent for a moment, "No if anything it has gotten more confusing. And even with my failures to attract further Phoenix attention in the miai, they already have a high opinion of me. So I assume choice is still on the table foh me. Of course there are still eight more days to settle my plans and who knows what might happen."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:22 am 
Quote:
The door slides open...only to reveal Togashi Hoshi standing on Hiroko's doostep, staring off to the right.

Hiroko: Hoshi-chan.....HOSHI-CHAN!
Hoshi: *blinks and turns to the Lion* Oh, good morning, Hiroko-san. What brings you here this morning?
Hiroko: Um....you're on my doorstep Hoshi-chan. That's what I should be asking you.

Tsugiharu considered that.

"Hm, but you don't strike me as the sort of person who enjoys having choices made for her Daidoji-sama. Of course, you follow orders as any good samurai should, but being in charge of things seems a natural fit for you." he offers.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:45 am 
Ishiyo does frown at that, "Well...yes I do prefeh my own choices but..." She waves it off and the smile returns, "Ah but a choice such as this is a large responsibility. My feelings, the Clan and family's needs. Still bares much thinking on I feel."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:38 am 
Tsugihar nodded.

"A decision that will follow you for your lifetime. Beyond that really, as it'll also affect your decedents for generations to come." he offered solemnly.

He gestured towards the screen.

"And unlike the heroines, you are not stuck in a time loop. Your time to make this decision is ever shrinking."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:52 am 
"But that is life itself no? The sakura petal that blooms in beauty and then is gone after less than a yeah." Ishiyo adds, "Also unlike the Crusaders, there is no guarantee of a nice neat ending."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:43 am 
Tsugiharu looked shocked.

"Does that mean you won't be doing a victory pose at the end of the miai, Daidoji-sama?" he asked.

Okay...maybe not actually shocked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:12 am 
"Mmm, I will save such theatrics for actual victory." Ishiyo smiled mischievously, "Less I tempt fate and the villain arise from seeming defeat. Or I fall to hubris."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:02 pm 
Tsuigharu watched the duo on the screen meet up with Daigotsu Ayame.

He looked over at the Daidoji. Her regal bearing WOULD look pretty decent in black and white.

"Hmm, that's the one who originally fought against them, right?" he said with a nod to the screen.

Theme Song
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next