It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: (D5 EE, Room 4) Patchwork Roommate Situation
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:18 am 
"Indeed I can forward you some basic field medicine guides that cover things like bandaging minor wounds, treating burns, those kinds of things." He says compiling a short list of medical texts for beginners.

"As far as my duties I work as a doctor in a colonization unit of the military. I travel to New colonies and provide medical services to the colony until a more permanent hospital can be established."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:21 am 
"I appreciate it. No densai, but that seems like the kind of thing that's easy to find through public access consoles, and there's usually some time to kill on any given trip. Be nice to have some non-supernatural recourse beyond knowing that one's insides ought to all stay inside."

She nods at the description. "Yeah, that would keep you good and busy. This place has been settled a while and is pretty dangerous. I imagine the new ones are a lot worse. Only been on a ship with a stop at a newish colony once and that was just dock at the orbital platform to drop supplies and go."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:12 pm 
"It can be dangerous work, we mostly come in after things are a little more set up and the soldiers in our protection detail are highly skilled but always danger when dealing with the frontier. Im just there to help make it a little easier." Satoru didn't seem like the caring type but a little warmth broke through the ice when he talked about his work.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:58 am 
"Do you enjoy it though? Dangerous and hard can be worthwhile if there's something satisfying in the work. Hmm...not to say that there isn't satisfaction in fulfilling a duty without any of that. But...no reason not to hope for both, neh?" There's something curious in her gaze, listening to the answers he's presenting.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:59 pm 
"I enjoy fulfilling my duty, I am satisfied furthering the Empire and the Spider." He said coolly but perceptive as she surely was she could tell something was held back. Like a light trapped under a frozen lake.

Last edited by Kuchiki Satoru on Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:27 pm 
Head canted to the side, she considers that, before looking down at her hands, finger interlaced and held low before her, like an odd book. "Have you ever had something--some practice or problem or study--that just won't let go? Where you look up and realize hours have passed while you forgot time was a thing, and your poor body is reminding heart and soul that it needs feeding if you're going to keep on with whatever was so engrossing?"

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:37 pm 
his own head tilted to the side and he thought for a moment with uncertainty on his features, when he spoke it was slowly at first "I....tend to get that way at times when I am studying a new topic that interests me. It is, not uncommon for me to become consumed by my studies to the point I will forget to eat for most of a day or may stay up through the night." he admitted.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:18 am 
"Knowledge can certainly be a passion." she nods, turning the new information over. "Your medical studies, I assume?"

Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:23 pm 
"Mostly but not exclusively. Almost any new interesting knowledge can trigger that behavior in me. Depends on my willpower at the moment. What about you Nakauchi-san? Is dancing that for you? Or is there something else that ignites passion in your heart?"

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:36 am 
She nods once with a warm smile and slightly distant gaze. "Dancing is that, not least because it serves a lot of purposes. It's hard to be Osprey and not devoted to the Dance. It takes you out of yourself but also makes you whole in ways it can be difficult to explain."

Blinking, her focus returns to the room, to Satoru. "But around all that is wrapped the passion for communion, for connection, and in my case for passion. I like seeing people brighten around the things that give them...not exactly joy..but engage them entirely? People are so much easier to connect with than stars or planets, but I figure that, like dancing, practicing the simpler moves is foundation for engaging the harder ones."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:00 pm 
his gaze thawed a touch as she spoke his voice softer "Well Nakauchi-san, I hope to witness this passion of yours when we next meet. To commune with you through what ignites your fires."

"What you described best fits me when I am presented with a difficult procedure." his own eyes begin to drift "When it is just me and the patient and the problem. It is a kind of battle you see, identify the enemy, wound? disease? poison? figure out what its plan is then form a counter and know the way to implement it. what drugs, how much, where to cut, where to mend what to do. A life or death struggle on the table, that is where I come alive." he says returning to her the way she did to him "Though I hope it is something you never have to see."

Profile Theme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4