It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: (D5 EE, Room 4) Patchwork Roommate Situation
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:38 am 
There was the lightest flash of anger that dissipated quickly as she realized... Maybe Mumei was right? Or at least a little. What could have been an ugly display, was now just a sullen Lion laying in her bunk feeling ashamed of herself.
____

Holy shit Mumei is lucky: D5 EE MUMEI WHY Brash Roll TN 25 + Honor: 3d10o10+6 45

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:58 am 
Satoru raised an eyebrow at Mumei, there was being direct and there was being direct and while Satoru had no issue with with that level of bluntness it was still somewhat brave to speak in such a way to any Lion much less a Matsu who were notoriously prickly about such things.

He had tensed waiting for Hide's reaction but when not even a growl was heard he relaxed sharp eyes monitoring the situation closely but having little to add at the moment.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:14 am 
OK then. Her entire body relaxes and she releases the breath she hadn't been aware of holding, wincing as her ribs complain.

She shakes her head, glancing at Satoru. She'd been prepared to deal with an angry Matsu. They were in all the media, easy to relate to. She wasn't as sure about sullen ones. If Hide were actually a cat, Mumei thinks her tail would have been twitching a mile a minute in annoyance.

"So about those wingperson lessons? I'm guessing that trying to get punched isn't on the course syllabus?" She drops to a seat on the floor again.

_________
I mean, I was prepared for how badly that might have gone for Mumei. Would have been a fun post though. XD

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:23 am 
Mumei maybe have been right, but it still stung. But not as much as it hurt Hide to know that Mumei was expecting her to swing at her? Sure Hide had a problem with that behavior, but her own friend trying to provoke her? All she could really do was roll over to face the wall.

“I’m not really in the mood.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:24 am 
Satoru notices the wince and looks to Mumei "Are you in pain Nakauchi-san?" he asked with a quiet tone not yet moving from his bunk. The Lion's bruised pride would heal easily enough on its own and besides he had no spells or skills that could help that.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:37 am 
Mumei nods once at Hide's back. That was fair. She hadn't really planned on getting punched, just...kind of expected it.

She looks back to the Kuchiki and nods once. "A bit. One of those water lizards. I...used a lot of the kami's favors to help the other person involved and thought I'd deal with my own tomorrow."

________
Right, the TN penalty = 3 fewer wounds healed earlier as well. though I don't think that will make much difference?

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:39 am 
"Why wait until tomorrow? You have a doctor and fellow priest as a roommate, seems foolish to let the wound wait when it could be fixed here." he pointed out with a quirk of an eyebrow "Let's have a look at it."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:57 am 
Ok...she too can be a bit of a fool, and is willing to look sheepish in acknowledgement of the fact.

"phew...you're right, you're right." She also can't say that she's wary of Spider medicine, not after that level of social backup. Time to put on big girl pants...well, leggings...and just deal.

She peels the shoulders from her leotard with basically zero self-consciousness (like a leotard hides anything to begin with?), and it's Hide's own luck that she's sulking into a bulkhead.

The gashes are across her back from right to left, angling down from ribs to hip. Made by claws, or something in a clawlike configuration, but she did mention the wildlife and all. Everything is heavily scabbed over, but it looks painfully deep in spots. More than superficial, but not remotely debilitating.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:42 am 
Satoru's eyes maybe lingered a bit longer than was strictly polite and may have lost a touch of their clinical coolness, a leotard may not conceal form but there was still something different betwen that and naked flesh and he did say he Mumei was attractive after all but he was a professional and gently cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses grabbing his medical bag.

he gently ran his hand over the skin around the wound examining it and not thinking at all how soft her skin was as he did "It could have been worse, I think you just barely won't need stitches. just some tight bandaging and ointment to avoid infection."

he pulled some sanitary bandages out of his bag and some antiseptic ointment "This will sting Nakauchi-san, apologies." his normally icey tone had a bit more warmth in it. He then moved to spread the ointment gently along the gashes before binding them with a bandage." The work was sound he was clearly at least a very practiced doctor if not a skilled one.

he looked up to her from his kneeling position making him slightly shorter than her "Just be careful with them over the next couple days, you could reopen them if you strain too hard. I can change the bandages for you tomorrow night, fairly easy since we you know live together."

----------------------------
D5 medicine roll +1k1 inheritence 2 cr tn 25: 7d10o10k4 37
D5 medicine roll heal +2k0 raises: 3d10o10k1 13 13 wounds healed

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:33 am 
She starts very slightly at the touch. It's hard to anticipate touches when you can't see them. But it's just that. Even expecting the antiseptic, she hisses and curls away from the sting. "You weren't kidding, Kuchiki-sama." There's amusement in her voice. But otherwise, his hands feel steady and sure, which does a great deal to ease any worry she might have.

As he finishes, she stretches, feeling how the bandages move. She tugs up the arms of the leotard before turning to bow to him. "Thank you very much, Kuchiki-sama. I'm...dancing in a few hours, but...teaching, so I'll remember to tone it down for the sake of not ruining your work."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:41 am 
"Yes please do, I've seen your dancing before and while entertaining your normal enthusiasm would be....I'll advised." He said with a stern tone.

His look and voice softend some "perhaps you could, how do they say it, show me some moves sometime?" The more casual phrase sounded a little weird coming from the analytical intellectual

"While we have lived together for a few days I fear I know little about you Nakauchi-san, maybe we could go to the club together sometime soon. If you're free, I have no doubt you're a popular samurai." His voice was much less confident and certain than it had been while discussing medicine, his entire demeanor shifted to be more awkward and self conscious. His right hand fidgeted slightly with the prayer beads wrapped around his wrist.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:33 am 
Mumei smiles, then nods. "I'd be pleased to share an evening dancing with you, Kuchiki-sama. Perhaps the day after tomorrow?* She tugs gently at the right shoulder strap to settle it better over the bandages. "I have been remiss in getting to know all of my roommates better." Glancing at Hide, she doesn't say and I may have just alienated the one I _do_ know well.

______
*d7 EN?

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:54 am 
"So long as you aren't offended by my flailing." he said with a straight face as he adjusted his glasses. He was joking, probably.

"I'm afraid we've all been busy during this Miai, hard to find time to get to know each other but better late than never eh Matsu-san?" he asked doing his best to draw the Lion from its den.

----------------------
D7 EN works perfect

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:44 am 
"I'm never offended by an earnest effort," she says with a sincere smile.

That drops as she looks at the Matsu's back and sighs. "I didn't actually _plan_ on you hitting me Hide-san. Just kind of half expected it because I was kinda rude, and you're kinda physical."

She taps a finger against her lips in thought and then says, "I mean...you want a truce and I can tell you about the stupidly big lizard I ran away from with a half-dead pilot." Mostly dead, really, But that wasn't the tone she was aiming for in offering something like a apology.

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:53 am 
There was nothing but silence from the Matsu. Though, by the way her breathing made her chest and back move, it seemed as if she had fallen asleep. It did seem as if her day had been rather eventful.

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 am 
She shakes her head, saying quietly. "Guess I'll message her an apology later. But yes, better late than never. It is hard getting to know many people in just a few days well enough to hope for a harmonious match."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:46 am 
Satoru looked to Hide for a moment and shrugged "I'm sure some time in Yume-do will ease whatever is troubling her. Good sleep often clears the mind."

"Indeed, it is a difficult thing but at least since we know we are at a miai it makes it easier, everyone knows why we are here so we can be more direct about what we are looking for. Though we are also lucky, most do not even get this much freedom over who they are married to."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:32 am 
She nods, gracefully dropping to pull up a seat on the floor, as it were. Leaning experimentally, and gingerly, agains the wall, she nods once. "Thanks again. Whatever you put on them, it doesn't hurt at all now."

"And yeah. I mean, we're a bit more free in that so many of us are Navigators and it's tough to just assign someone a spouse who's going to be on some ship somewhere most of the time. So if you find someone, and their lord's willing to make arrangements, it's usually fine with the Osprey." She shrugs with a rueful smile. "I guess they got tired of waiting for me to do that."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:33 pm 
Satoru nodded "Indeed there should be none, one learns to heal without the kami when they sometimes go to world where the kami are too sluggish to do much, if they are there at all."

"I cant say the Spider are so gracious with their thought process. I believe i was being saved for something like this, a priest and one with a sharp mind is supposed to draw attention at things like this and usually the Clan just pairs you with someone at a certain point. Even though my duties, like yours keep me away much of the time."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:57 am 
She nods. "I can imagine...not happily, but I can imagine such places." Considering for a moment, she adds. "There's not a lot of non-spiritual ways to accomplish what a Navigator does, though I've certainly studied a bit of Piloting and Navigation for the distances where it makes no sense to expend the kind of energy needed to open the way. I should probably study at least a bit of patching folks up without the kami. Have any favorite basic texts?"

With a 'hmm' she gestures toward the sleeping Matsu. "This miai seems designed to let the warriors draw the attention. I'm not entirely sure I mind being a bit less of a shiny rock for someone to pick up. If you know what I mean?" She grins, "I should save some questions for that dance, but I would like to know what you do that keeps you away. I could guess a half dozen for a skilled doctor, but it's a lot quicker to just ask."

Description

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next