It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 

Post subject: D6:EA A Concerned Crab
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:39 pm 
With a message left behind for Isawa Sora at the Inn receptionist, all that was left to do was wait for this arranged meeting. Yasuki Nakaba remained sited in the far corner of the common room dressed in his usual business vest and glow-silk tie. Side arm concealed at the hip. A strict stoic On glaring outwards paying no mind to the many samurai that feed in and out of the room.

Business etiquette demands he doesn't order tea until the arrival of his guest. Instead Nakaba stares toward towards empty space and patiently focuses himself. The subtlest of observations could be vital.

Post subject: Re: D6:EA A Concerned Crab (Closed)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:37 am 
Sometime later a baffled looking you man would appeared in the common room. He would look around, both perplexed and annoyed, before calling out. With the other samurai in the room, the young man could not quite find what he was looking for.

"Would Yasuki Nakaba-san be here, somewhere?"

Run by GM Tassu

Post subject: Re: D6:EA A Concerned Crab
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:47 pm 
A sense of frustration to drawing such public attention is masked behind a pleasant smile. "Hai right here." He replies to the man calling out and offers a calm wave over towards his table. Keep it pleasant as to not draw attention from the others in the room.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:50 pm 
"Good afternoon!" Sora waved his hand to greet the man, taking a seat opposite to his. "Isawa Sora, as Yasuki-san might know." Even if the other man had been looking for him, he still introduced himself. "Now, I believe Yasuki-san had something for me?"

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:12 pm 
"Yes I most absolutely do! Some top notch executives passed along your name as a potential investor in Kawakami Logistics's new clothing line. The finest exotic xenoflora weaved into threads as soft as Silk and Clouds." He emphasizes the code phrase and the fake enthusiasm dims into a cold glare. "Perhaps we can speak more on this business opportunity in private. Company secrets and all that." he says in a much deeper voice than the false voice of a salesman.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:20 pm 
"Ah, yes. Kinda." Sora nodded. "Very kind of you to contact me like this." the young man leaned back, crossing his arms under his chest. "Well, yes. I would be looking to work with Yasuki-san, yes." The priest nodded again, seeming rather happy. "Unfortunately I am in a bit of a hurry, but if you could leave me with your contact information, I could get back to you later?" He reached into his sleeve, pulling out his communicator. "I would not want to let an opportunity like this to pass."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:48 pm 
Feigning to exchange of information, Nakaba pulls out his phone and swiftly jots down Sora's number instead onto a piece of paper. He fails to mention Nakaba's own number. "Please this is just a pleasantry we already have all the necessary information on record. Whenever you are ready to discuss this opportunity you can reach me directly through our business line." With a flash of a silver case Nakaba presents a business card. Instead of his information it displays a hand written message.

Code:
If you work with us there is no trail left behind. Communication is strictly private meeting or an exchange of disposable letters. Marked along the inn rooftop is a false stone serving as a dead drop I have prepared. Until the task is presented I will always be near. We are not the kind of people you keep waiting. These are our rules. Leave this message on the table for disposal.

"We'll be in touch."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:55 pm 
"Of course." Sora replied, smiling happily as he took the note, tucking it into his sleeve along with his communicator. "Me and my associates are looking to work with Yasuki-san. It might take few days to set things up, but look forward to seeing what Yasuki-san can set up, yes." The young man quipped. "I will pass your regards to my associated. To let them know that Yasuki-san has been most cooperative when it comes to our little arrangement."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:51 pm 
Sadly Sora did not seem to be a third party in this situation. That much he could assess. The small act of keeping the note a gesture that displays Sora believes he holds the power in this arrangement. Bit by bit Nakaba tries to piece it together. Calculate his next move. Nakaba's light blue eyes dart around the surrounding common room attempting to spot anyone spying on them. Unlikely intruders and probably of an extension of Sora.

"Be sure to leave an outstanding review on your experience. Your constructive feedback is much appreciated." He drones on that cooperate nonsense. Anger clearly displayed. Sora seems like the type to enjoy his power. Might as well let him feel like he's in control... Make them think he's still that helpless student years ago. Play his part and wait for him to slip.

D6:EA Voided for skill: 4d10o10k3 31

Just before the Isawa departs, Nakaba turns away and runs a hand up through his bangs to grab the side of his skull. Nakaba hides his face behind his hair. A small tremble to his hand clenching into his skull as he visually displays frustration to Sora. A dread of total helplessness and lack of control echoing the night he got wrapped up in this mess. Subtle enough not to draw a scene once so ever but enough for Sora to notice. An act to provoke a reactions out of Sora or the very least make Nakaba appear loyal out of fear.

Last edited by Yasuki Nakaba on Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:49 am 
((Don't mind me, I was gonna thread here EA day 6, and I found it occupied. I can go elsewhere if needed.))

Another was using the common room, but his mind seemed to be on other things then the meeting between the Crab and the Phoenix. He had gathered all the implaments for a tea ceremony and was currently staring at his Densai a soft frown on his lips.

Quote:
Lucky Number: 6
Lucky Color: Zoisite green
Love Luck: **
Work Luck:*****
Money Luck: ***
General Luck: ***
'Leave your heart at home today, if you're not careful it might break. Instead concentrate on the tasks before you, hard work will see you through the day and get you closer to that much deserved promotion.'

Hayato really wasn't sure what color Zoisite green was, other then it was green. It did remind him of something he had been thinking of trying though. So gathering everything together for a tea ceremony he opened up his copy of 'tea ceremonies for dummies' on his densai and got started making the preperations.

((Including this here. Day 6 EA unskilled tea ceremony. Practice makes perfect: 3d10 26))

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:33 pm 
Yasuki Nakaba wrote:
Sadly Sora did not seem to be a third party in this situation. That much he could assess. The small act of keeping the note a gesture that displays Sora believes he holds the power in this arrangement. Bit by bit Nakaba tries to piece it together. Calculate his next move. Nakaba's light blue eyes dart around the surrounding common room attempting to spot anyone spying on them. Unlikely intruders and probably of an extension of Sora.

"Be sure to leave an outstanding review on your experience. Your constructive feedback is much appreciated." He drones on that cooperate nonsense. Anger clearly displayed. Sora seems like the type to enjoy his power. Might as well let him feel like he's in control... Make them think he's still that helpless student years ago. Play his part and wait for him to slip.

D6:EA Voided for skill: 4d10o10k3 31

Just before the Isawa departs, Nakaba turns away and runs a hand up through his bangs to grab the side of his skull. Nakaba hides his face behind his hair. A small tremble to his hand clenching into his skull as he visually displays frustration to Sora. A dread of total helplessness and lack of control echoing the night he got wrapped up in this mess. Subtle enough not to draw a scene once so ever but enough for Sora to notice. An act to provoke a reactions out of Sora or the very least make Nakaba appear loyal out of fear.

"Oh yes. I wll be glad to do so." the young man listened to the Crab playing his role, wondering what the poor man had done to deserve this fate. The organization lived off on men and women like Nakaba, enlisting their help to pursue their goals, only to discard their 'associates' when it best suited them. Inevitably this would mean yet another body discovered in a ditch, or perhaps an unfortunate bar fight. The people behind Sora had their ways to make things happen.

When the Crab grabbed his skull, the young priest only smirked, shrugging. "I hope to get back you as soon as tomorrow if everything goes well." He seemed calm and even detached - as if he had played his role before. "I appreciate Yasuki-san seeking us out this quickly"

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:10 pm 
Maintaining the act, Nakaba removes his hand from his face and appears to calm himself. A single eye piercing outward directly at Sora expressing the seriousness of his next statement. "I've worked with your associates before and have done them a great service. Seems that it would be destiny's call to continue our arrangement and so I would embrace this fate wholeheartedly. Please consider a more permanent contract to ensure our future profits together. Its been too many years since our last trade agreement... Imagine the opportunities we could line up together. " Nakaba offers with all the sincerity he could muster. His only advantage against them is the knowledge that all of Nakaba's adult life has been built up to pay these bastards back. To protect the clan from these monsters. If he was going to go down causing the most damage possible he had to make it deep within this organization. At least get his foot inside the door and not a disposable corpse...

"If there is anything needed to prove myself a worthy business partner do not hesitate to ask." He states and leans back ready for the conversation to be finished.

D6:EA Sincerity (Deceit) Voided: 6d10ro1o10k5 30 (32 if benten's blesssing applies)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:20 pm 
Sora listened, seemingly satisfied. "Well, as Yasuki-san must understand, we have very specific needs. After a while, those needs might change." he explained rather calmly. "Such is the way with business, with the markets changing, neh." The young man nodded. "But we have all the trust in Yasuki-san and his capabilities."

"We will of course make all the necessary inquiries if something comes up. We do trust Yasuki-san to be able to provide all the answers, yes." he added, smiling still.

________
Investigation / Perception TN 30: 2d10 5

Sincerity (Deceit) / Awareness: 3d10 21
To figure out that Sora's friends do not actually trust Nakaba.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:40 pm 
A silent nod is the only reply offered. Nothing else to be said. Unsure about the effectiveness of his own lie or Sora's trust in Nakaba's capabilities, only option left is to ride it out and wait for further instruction. A little hope available in them not disposing of him prematurely if they do have trust in his usefulness.

D6:EA Investigation TN21: 4d10o10k3 18

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:23 pm 
"I believe we are done?" Sora asked, pulling out his communicator and glancing at the time. "I am sure that Yasuki-san also has places to be." he added with a smug smile on his lips.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:04 pm 
"Hai." Nakaba shortly replies. He raises from his seat, politely gives a small bow, and departs from the common room.

-Exit scene

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:06 pm 
For his part Hayato was still working his way through the begins of the tea ceremony. Glancing from his densai to all the various pieces, whatever mysterious business happened between the Crab and Phoenix likely went unnoticed.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]