It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Give Me The T, Girl (D8, LA. Common Room)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:05 pm 
"Sure, his status may be high, but will your parents be happy when he brings shame upon you with his indiscretions, Doji-san?" Hyeon-ju retorted, showing genuine concern for Ichika's future well-being. She wasn't naive enough to think that samurai did not have affairs here and there, but she also believed that if they did they should show more care and discretions - not be the talk of the town.

She watched the other woman with some concern, her hazel eyes flickering back and forth a few times as she tried to guess. "... I... look, Doji-san. I just want you to pursue a match that is worthy of you. Do not think you have to settle for someone like Daigotsu-sama just because he is a high-ranking Spider. You are better than him, and you deserve much better. Do not ever, ever, sell yourself short like so." She could remember how Ichika had said she wished to be more confident, like Hyeon-ju was, but this time the Unicorn really felt like she needed to push the Doji maiden a little on that.

"This person you like... is it because they like someone else?"

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:15 pm 
Listening along, she couldn't quite bring herself to look up fully again. With the mention she easily started fiddling with her finger. A small nod by the end she tried to look up, but didn't manage it at first. Inhaling deeply her chest and shoulders rose as she closed her eyes. Exhaling slowly, through her lips she slowly found herself with a little more strength and a little more calm.

Looking up to Hyeon-ju she nodded, "Mmm," a small vocalization before she added. "I want to try and find myself a good match, Utaku-san but.. I have trouble finding them. Most of them are among the Spider.. and.. well, that comes with it's own little-" she stopped herself, shook her head. "Considerations. One is a good fit for me.. but would disappoint my family. While the other is a good match for my family but.." she shrugged, a soft drawn out sigh.

"And the one person I've felt like.. felt comfortable with. Well, yea.. he likes someone else, and I can see she likes him and I.." she stopped talking, but this time more like the words caught in her throat.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:25 pm 
At moments like these, Hyeon-ju fell more easily back on her Unicorn ways, and put her hands on Ichika's shoulder to gently draw the younger woman into a hug. From the way the words caught in her throat, it seemed like she probably needed that shoulder to cry on.

"It's ok... take a breath."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:49 pm 
When Hyeon-ju put her hand on her shoulder she seemed to lightly shudder, going a little stiff when she was brought into a hug. For a whole moment of space she seemed to freeze in shock but.. her words clicked. Bringing her arms low around Hyeon-ju's torso she held onto her a bit as she didn't know what to do with her head, wanting to bury it but not quite feeling comfortable to do so. Instead just leaving her chin rested on her shoulder, hooked on a little as she kind-of looked down.

It was quiet, Ichika didn't quite make any sounds at first. Just held Hyeon-ju tightly as she seemed to shake a little. After another moment, or two, however one defined a moment she sniffled. Breathing in deep and then exhaling slowly between her lips. Afterwards she lessened her hold and shifted back a little, giving that non-forced suggestion that she was ready to let go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:49 am 
She let Ichika remain there as long as she needed, letting the silence settle over them as she gently held her. And when she felt it was time to let go, Hyeon-ju easened up and let the two of them have some normal distance between them again.

"... Does that feel better?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:56 am 
"Mmm," she vocalized with a little nod, brushing away the little streams the rested on her cheek. Though the other cheek, below the eye-patch was a bit of a mess to brush and get that feeling of clearingthe path of the tears away tear away. Holding up her hand a moment she shuffled so that she could look fully away from Hyeon-ju. In that privacy the angle gave her she lifted her eyepatch and brushed away the accumulated feeling of tears underneath.

Pulling the eye-patch down, a little damp still, she decidedly suffered through the discomfort from it. Looking back to Hyeon-ju she seemed to open her mouth, but glanced down. Another second, she looked up and with a little nod, "Thank you, Utaku-san for.." she paused, whatever was the right thing to say, ".. for.." she fumbled.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:00 am 
While a part of her was curious, Hyeon-ju politely looked to the side, so as to not draw discomfort to Ichika who clearly still felt embarrassed over her condition. It gave her a moment too to try to think of how to find the best result for Ichika in this miai.

"It's alright," she assured her, one hand patting the courtier's shoulder. "Sometimes it all gets a bit much, and we need a good cry. I know you'd be the shoulder to cry on for myself or Daigotsu-san too, if anyone else in this room needed it."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:33 am 
"Felt like I was holding it in well until you hugged me and said that," she offered with a lightness to her tone that was only too naturally joined by a laugh as she brushed just under her eye-lid again.

"But," she nodded, "mmm," another nod, "its like our own little temporary family, or.. group, in a way, yea?" she said softly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:51 am 
"Yes," she nodded in confirmation. "Daigotsu-san said as much on the first day, and I think it's a good thought to have. It's probably not the idea that our hosts had, but... I consider the rooming arrangement to also be a test, in a way, to see how we manage to live together with people we just met and how we can get along."

There was a brief sheepishness to her features as she knew she was being somewhat overanalyzing things again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:31 am 
"Ooo, I like that idea though," she said, propping herself up a little in the way she sat on the ground with a brighter smile. "Maybe not like.. a test test, you know? Getting scored and everything? But a test for ourselves and each other, yea?" she laughed a little.

"Some of us might not have come from.." she waved her hand a little, "arrangements like living with other people quite like this. Helps to get into the.." she shook her head, "helps to get comfortable with it and everything, yea? Especially when your spouse might not be someone you're super comfortable with right away," she smiled again, another happy little nod.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:12 am 
"No, not a test to score us, I think," she shook her head, but her tone remained light seeing as Ichika's mood improved.

"But yes, I think that might be some of the idea behind it. A way to adjust to the unknown." Looking around the room, it still felt strange to see Koryn's part of the room empty. She even missed that noisy bird a little. "But... I think it's also a way to find potential matches."

"And it's why I think Daigotsu Ryuu-san would be a good choice for you. You both seem to have a similar mindset on things, and I know he would treat you with all the respect and kindness you deserve, Doji-san."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:42 pm 
"I know so too.." she said, putting her hands into her lap. Sighing as she thought on it a little, "just.. I don't know, I know he sees me as someone worthy of.. not wanting to disappoint?" she shook her head, that didn't really make much sense.

"Yet, I just.. I don't know if it comes from the right place. There was such a quick.. he seems.." she shook her head again. "I've been wondering.. cause it's such a common thing. All of the Spider have been like that, a little. Daigotsu Shokomaru-sama seemed to," she shook her head. "Even Kuchiki Tsugiharu-san was rather quick to be very interested, but then.. he also seemed to lose it, and then gain it again? Then Daigotsu Ryuu-san we have this place- all of us, but, I don't know. What if it's just the same, yea? What if there's this thing that maybe is with all of them. Something in their Clan, their past? Something that.. they don't really like me they just feel like they need something I have? Or I bring? Some of that's suspected I guess," she sighed on that thought.

"I'm always considering what's best for my family, and my Clan too, as I should and we all should but.. but it feels so.. the way they all seem to put me up on this pedestal scares me a little, like none of it's real but it all seems so real," she looked up to Hyeon-ju like she was hoping for an answer but her own head caught up with her. Glancing down she mumbled, "I- I'm sorry, Utaku-san. I-" she shook her head.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:55 pm 
Hyeon-ju listened, and she could understand the trouble Ichika was having. Not quite fully, but she could understand.

"If I may speak frankly, Doji-san..." she cleared her throat, leaning forward a little in her chair as her hands linked together loosely in front of her, elbows on her knees. "... If what you say is true, which I do not doubt, then it seems to me that the Spider have sent a poor batch of candidates to this miai."

It was tactical Hyeon-ju speaking now, as she could relate to the need of doing what was best for the clan and family.

"Pursue a Mantis instead, or another party. There's a high-ranking Kitsune here, there is also some Phoenixes that would be more worthy choices."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:22 am 
Ichika managed a soft-chuckle, taking it in, "Well.. thank you, Utaku-san," she dipped her head. "Though.. it'd be a little odd if I didn't let you speak frankly after everything I said, yea?" she chuckled a little more to herself. Waving off the thought, "Sorry.. sorry.." she half-chuckled again. Breathing in, holding it, letting it out.

"Thank you though.. Utaku-san it's all.. it's a lot, and just getting it off my chest." Ichika made a little motion with her hands, bringing them about chest level in front of her and pushing them down and out. "I'll- I'll have to see about the other options, yea? I haven't met everyone at this Miai.. maybe there's someone else? Maybe even someone I really like, yea?" she brought her hand up, stifling the laugh but immediately her eyes looked guilty as she glanced away and her shoulders slouched a little.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:12 pm 
"There are many, yes, and don't just limit yourself to the men either, Doji-san," she reminded her gently. "Though I admit that most of the men here seem to only think of traditional Sun and Moon-matches - it's as if they're scared of the thought that pairing with another man will somehow make them less... manly, or something. I don't know."

Hyeon-ju showed her humurous side with the accompanying eye-roll.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:21 am 
Ichika laughed, covering her mouth as she had to settle herself afterward. With a few nods as she calmed the chuckles she settled her hand on her stomach. Another nod she finally looked back to Hyeon-ju, a bright smile, "Mhmm, of course Utaku-san! I just haven't had a whole lot of chance with arrangements like that, yea? I mean.. there was Ikoma Shoan-san really early on but.." she shook her head a little.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:27 am 
She considered who to suggest among the Crane's allies, but kind of drew a blank as neither the Mantis or the Spider had sent... stellar female representation.

"What about Asako Chiruha-sama?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:34 am 
"She's sweet!" she smiled, a little nod. "I trust her a lot too, but.." she shifted a scooched a little closer which was silly considering how close they already were. "I think she likes Yasuki Nishida-sama," she said in a lower and more conspiratorial tone. "I'm actually hoping to run in to him so I can find out more about him for her!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:41 pm 
"Hmm... I see." That was a tricky situation, and Hyeon-ju agreed that it did seem a bad move. Even if the Crab and Crane were not exactly friends.

"Well, he seems to be a busy man, so I wish you luck there, Doji-san. Let's see... is there anyone else you have met that you could think of marrying though?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:08 am 
"N-" she thought, placing a hand on her chin for a moment. Thinking on the possibilities, everyone she'd met and.. "No one I can think of at least, " she shook her head. "Like us, right? We get along.. we're friends, but I don't really think we'd be a good match, right?" she said with a little smile.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next