It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: All that glitters (Day 1 Late Evening)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:38 pm 
Hayato gave a hard stare at the sign that flickered No Smoking in bold letters at the entrance of the arcade, and grumbling under his breath put out his smoke and deposited in a nearby receptacle. With luck at least they would have something inside to sooth his cravings, and if not he could always leave.

Entering the rather run down facility he gave a brief look around before making something of a beeline to the vending machine. Hoping he would be pleasantly surprised.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

Post subject: Re: All that glitters (Day 1 Late Evening)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:41 pm 
Nozomi stared at the vending machine and frowned. These were always such rip-offs compared to buying at bulk from the market. Sure, her lord was supposed to provide for everything she needed, blah blah blah, and it wasn't even that much. But she was certain that it would add up if she gave into those cravings all the time!

This was, of course, the thoughts of an eighteen year-old with no background in economics. "Oh, you," she said out loud. Then she blushed and shook her head. "I didn't mean it like that. I meant more like... I think I saw you at the dinner thing?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:08 pm 
Hayato blinked, trying to peace together most of the evening it had contained a fair bit of sake after all, and more then a few conversations. He was pretty sure he'd seen the young woman in one of the other tents though. Just not the very best of tents, also known as the pink tent.

"Oh yeah, I do believe I saw you there." He smiled and he slid past the young woman to a unoccupied vendign machine. "Don't think we got the chance to talk though, I'm Tsuruchi Hayato."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:07 am 
"I think I would have remembered you if we had," Kitsu Nozomi admitted. She watched with keen interest in what the guy was getting. The choice of snack was an important indicator of an individual's personality, after all.

"Kitsu Nozomi, priestess of the Lion," she said. It was starting to get a little tiresome having to say that over and over...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:26 am 
Nicotine gum, and a can of Tsugumi's black tea: exxxtra caffeine were the selections he made of the machine, and bending down he went to collect them.

"A Priestess huh? Suppose that trumps just another bushi." Hayato offered with a teasing smile. "Still it's a pleasure to meet you, think you may be the firest preistess I've come across so far."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:42 am 
"That's a lot of caffeine," Nozomi commented out loud. It wasn't particularly judgmental, though it certainly caught her off guard.

"Eh?" she asked, blushing a bit at the compliment. She scratched the back of her head. "I think, way back in the day, it would have been more impressive to be a priestess! Now there are more of us and it isn't as... unique?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:05 am 
"Want one?" He asked offering the young woman a can. "And I suppose it is, but Caffeine is good for you.... or something like that."

"I suppose you are right though, there are alot more preistesses then there once was. I think that's mostly just a matter of population though rather then percentages."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 am 
"Isn't it a bit late for it? You might be up all night!"

The Kitsu furrowed her brow in thought. "That might be right. I don't think the percentage of priestesses has gone up. So one could say that one could meet a lot of bushi before they even meet a priestess."

She shrugged. "It's not so important though, is it?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:07 am 
"Ah!" His eyes turned a bit mischievous as he opened the can and took a sip. "Only if I don't find a way to burn off the excess energy before its time for bed." He gestured towards the machines. "Any of those look fun to you?"

"You're right though it's really not that important."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:16 am 
"I don't think caffeine works that way," Nozomi admitted. She then looked around and saw the dancing game. "That one looks really, really hard."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:50 am 
"Well, only if you're trying to get a high score." Hayato offered with a shrug. "If you're just in it for fun, its likely easy enough."

He glanced towards the vending machine. "If you're sure I can't get you anything to drink though, we can give it a try. If you want."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:53 am 
"One should always aspire for excellence," Nozomi stated, as if mimicing a teacher. She then shrugged and smiled. "But, if we don't do super well, we don't need to tell everyone."

She glanced over at the vending machine. "Certainly nothing with caffeine in it. Or sugar. Sugar can keep you up all night too!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 am 
After a few moments looking over the machine he pressed the button for a caffeine free white tea with lemon. Offering it to the young woman after it was dispensed.

"Oh, I'm not to shy about the fact that im not a great dancer, but no harm in sharing a secret either." He said as he started off towards the dance machines. "As you said though, nonharm.in trying our best."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:04 am 
"Oh. Thank you!" the Kitsu exclaimed, taking it afterwards. She glanced at it afterwards and then back to him. Was this a gift?

Her cheeks turned a bit red. She then looked back over to the machine and went along with that. "Yes! Let us dance instead."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:39 pm 
The Mantis didn't seem to think much of it as he opened his own drink and took a sip. Ah sweet sweet caffeine.

"Dancing it is then." He confirmed as he made it to the machine. "You ever play on one of these before?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:48 am 
Seeing as she had seemingly not violated the gift-giving ceremony, Nozomi cheerfully opened her own and took a big gulp. It was nice to get spoiled at a miai as opposed to the more utilitarian approaches of the Lion.

"I'm not sure if I've ever danced before," the Kitsu replied. She smiled and shook her head. "I obviously have tapped my feet to music but danced?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:59 am 
"Well, that's half if dancing at least as far as I'm concerned. Moving to the rhythm and not minding if you look a bit silly." He stepped onto the machine, and started looking through the options.

"Still this isn't exactly dancing, more stepping to the moves on the screen. You can add a bit of rhythm to it if you're good though."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:03 am 
"I do mind looking silly," she admitted before stepping onto the platform. She looked at all the options and it was really quite a foreign language to her.

"Hm. Following instructions is easy enough."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:05 am 
"And that is why they serve alcohol in clubs, after a few drinks most samurai don't mind looking a little silly. "

Looking towards the Lioness he shot her a smile. "I've found a easy one, you ready."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:36 am 
"The wonders of alcohol." The Kitsu thought back to the Ikoma and then shook her head.

"Uh... no? But let's do it anyways."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next