It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D1EN] Game On (OPEN)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:57 am 
Yul wasn't really expecting much of a nightlife on Asakaze. In fact, he wasn't much used to nightlife himself; in his hometown on Shinjo's grace, the town pretty much shut down an hour or two after the sun went down.

The flashing lights of Starcade had caught his eyes, and hardly aware of doing so, Yul had wandered in. The arcade wasn't quite deserted, but it was nearly so, only a few players left, mostly with bloodshot eyes and grim expressions. Even though it was late, it was still unpleasantly hot. Yul hesitated.

But he didn't leave. Instead, he slowly walked around the room, his normally bright expression strangely sober. He wasn't sure what he was looking for; hopefully he would know it when he saw it.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

Post subject: Re: [D1EN] Game On (OPEN)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:06 pm 
"So this is the arcade." The odd cadence of his words as he approached the Unicorn from behind. It wasn't so late that he was going to call it. But it was still good to make sure he had scoped out the sights.

"Pardon me. Daigotsu Ryuu is who I am."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:41 pm 
Slightly unsettled, Yul turned, his frown deepening as he recognized the mons Ryuu war. The strange cadence of the man's words also threw him off.

Still, a pilot need to adjust quickly. Yul pulled himself out of his mental spin, smiling. "Shinjo Yul. It's a pleasure to meet you, Daigotsu-san." He glanced briefly around. "Here to play a few games?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:48 pm 
He looked to the arcade games, contemplating for a moment, then back to the Unicorn. "Yes, I am. A little recreation time until heading back to the Inn." He nodded, and turned slightly to the Hyper Dance Stars machine.

"This one is cooperative. Given the theme of the two weeks here, perhaps it is appropriate." Ryuu likely only blinked once while speaking with Yul, his focus intense on the other samurai. He ignored the frown, instead letting the polite reassement dictate the conversation. "You sre here for the miai, yes, Shinjo-san?"

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:33 pm 
Honestly, games were good training. At least in Tenma's book. Not that she had a book.

Regardless, things like reaction time and game theory were good to a point, better than just spending all one's time in the dojo swinging a bit of wood around or shooting at the same old targets. Thus she'd made her way to the Starcade in the Upper City, plopped herself at one of the flight simulators.

The discussion between the Daigotsu and the Shinjo nearby did not go unnoticed, however, the young yoriki ever vigilant in such places for trouble. Still, despite the frown from the Shinjo she was rooming with, there didn't seem to be any problem, yet.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:03 pm 
Daigotsu Ryuu wrote:
He looked to the arcade games, contemplating for a moment, then back to the Unicorn. "Yes, I am. A little recreation time until heading back to the Inn." He nodded, and turned slightly to the Hyper Dance Stars machine.

"This one is cooperative. Given the theme of the two weeks here, perhaps it is appropriate." Ryuu likely only blinked once while speaking with Yul, his focus intense on the other samurai. He ignored the frown, instead letting the polite reassement dictate the conversation. "You sre here for the miai, yes, Shinjo-san?"

Yul frowned again, but it was more as he adjusted to the way Ryuu spoke. He blinked, focusing. "Yeah, I am. So far so good. Been meeting lots of folks. I'm actually sharing a room with two of your clanmates, Susumu Shirokiku and Kuchiki Tsugiharu."

He looked at the machine, and then back at Ryuu, smiling. "Daigotsu-san, are you saying you'd like to try playing a game together?" Yul flashed him a quick grin. "Alright, you're on. It sounds fun."

Bayushi Tenma wrote:
The discussion between the Daigotsu and the Shinjo nearby did not go unnoticed, however, the young yoriki ever vigilant in such places for trouble. Still, despite the frown from the Shinjo she was rooming with, there didn't seem to be any problem, yet.

Yul did spot the familiar figure; he gave her a smile and a wave. "Hey, Bayushi-san! How's it going? That's my last roommate." The last was said to Ryuu, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:31 pm 
"Yes. I very much would like to play the game, Shinjo-san." He nodded, "Susumu Shirokiku-san and Kuchiki Tsugiharu-san are both excellent representatives of my Clan. I do not know how they are as roommates." He looked to the Scorpion. He offered her a bow.

"Bayushi-san and I were on the same transport here." A very slow blink, then the intense focus returned to Yul. "One of my roommates is one of your fellows. Utaku Hyeon-ju, pilot of the 7th Sky Rider Wing, Insect Squadron. Rank hohei." He paused, stepping towards the dance pad.

"Did you enjoy the festivities earlier? Our hosts layout with the four tents was an inspired touch. I wonder if it was to honor the Four Temples. Though if it was, I suppose they didn't have enough tents."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:47 pm 
Yul chuckled. "Well, I don't think it's literal..." Ryuu was probably joking, right? It was hard to tell.

"Oh, Hyeon-ju-san?" Yul made a face like he had just bitten into something bitter. "She's... a really good pilot. One of the best." He smirked. "Good luck with her as a roommate. She and I are in the same squadron. We've got... well, it's complicated." Yul grimaced.

He waved a hand. "But yeah, it's been great meeting so many people. Your clanmates seem fine." Yul nodded to Ryuu. "And you, Daigotsu-san?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:05 pm 
"We both like similar music. Luck will not be necessary." He shook his head, lips curled to a faint smile. "It seems this miai has summoned many good pilots. I have not discerned if there is any pattern to housing divisions, but my sample size is small. Of the two rooms I now know with occupants, it appears they have equalized gender presentations within them." He mused for a moment.

"But with only knowing of two rooms, that is not enough for a conclusion. I did enjoy the festivities. The music in the yellow tent was soothing and cheerful. Good for conversation and merriment. I have met a few of the others. They all seem nice."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:48 pm 
Yul gave Ryuu another suspicious frown again, but this time it had nothing to do with being a Spider. Anyone who got on well with Wasp was at least a bit suspect. "Oh, right, you must be a Yakumo fan. That makes sense." He relaxed a little. "She's pretty good."

"Hmmm..." He glanced over at Tenma again, smiling if she was looking. "Yeah, maybe they did try to get an even split on gender. Although we divided ours between Spider and non-Spider." Yul waved a hand. "Having done a lot of mixed dorming, take it from me, it's really about who snores." One thing Hyeon-ju had in her favor, anyway.

His expression curious, Yul stepped closer to the dance machine, poking at the controls. "Any other music you like? No Yakumo on this thing."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:58 pm 
"She is the best." He nodded, then matched the Unicorn in examining the song lists. "For this... anything high energy. With a lot of technical step work. Best way to ensure a good nights sleep." Ryuu didn't comment on the division of Spider and non-Spider for a moment.

"Outside of Utaku-san, there is a Crane, Doji Ichika, and one Crab, Kuni Korryn. I had guessed that perhaps they tried to not double up any one Clan, but that appears to not be the case."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:11 am 
"High-energy, huh?" Frowning, Yul began cycling through the songs. After a few moments, he shook his head, shooting Ryuu a smile. "Do you know any of these? I don't recognize any of them. It says if they're fast or not, anyway... we could always just pick one at random."

"Oh, Doji Ichika-san." Yul smiled. "She was on my transport, and then I saw her again today. She seems like a very sweet young woman."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:46 am 
"She is very nice. Doji-san is also quite talented. Her poetry is lovely, and I am sure she will be an excellent spouse. I am glad to get to know her." Ryuu spoke without looking away from the screen.

"I do not recognize any of these songs. But at least it lists beats per minute." He scrolled through. Then flicked the touchpad, the titles rolling quickly. He pressed a button, and let fate decide.

"Get ready."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:52 am 
"Okay." Yul said. Grinning, he linked his fingers, stretching his arms up over his head. Then he planted one set of toes, doing leg circles, and then the other. "Ready. Let's go!

The music began to play

"I don't know what I was expecting..." Sweat began to bead on Yul's forehead as he concentrated on performing the moves as they flashed on the screen...

--------------------------------------------------

D1EN, DDR, keep low: 4d10o10k3 35
used the wrong code; keep low should be 17
D1EN, DDR, keep low, 2nd roll: 4d10o10l3 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:11 am 
Ryuu was silent. His upper torso almost remained disturbingly still. His feet moved in rhythm with the song. Working in Tandem with Yul, the arrows flashed across the screen. His eyes never blinked as the song played, the Magistrate-in-Training keeping up with the pilot.

At the end... two pins were awarded, and he nodded. "An excellent diversion, Shinjo-san. This machine will require multiple visits. It has different pins."

EN1 - Game On - Hyper Dance Stars (Agility 3, Perform: Dance 0, Sensation Phantom Rank, Strength in Terror +3): 2#4d10o10l3+3 15 13 using the 15 to be within 3 of Yul's 17. Success

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:08 am 
The two did their dance, keeping if not in perfect harmony, at least pretty good harmony. A cheerful musical sting played as they were awarded their pins.

"Yeah! Nice job!" Turning to Shuu, Yul held his hand up, palm out, slightly pulled back as though ready to strike... although it didn't seem like he was aiming at Shuu, but more to the side of him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:10 am 
Ryuu looked at the hand, regarding it for a moment. He seemed... confused. Then the realization. His hand came up, before completing a crisp high-five.

"You are an excellent cooperative teammate. I assume heavily influenced by your need to act in concert with your squadron."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:19 am 
Whoops. Yul had just realized his mistake when the Spider figured it out. His eyebrows went up as their hands connected. "Alright, not bad. In the Unicorn, we call that a high five, by the way."

He grinned at his erstwhile dance partner, then nodded as the grin faded. "Yeah, I guess so. We do some pretty tight maneuvers up there. How about you? Something you do for the Spider teach you those moves?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:21 am 
"Efficiency of movement and athleticism are important when acting as a Magistrate, or even as simply a doshin. Not every criminal comes quietly. Some try to run. None can escape Heaven's," or Hell's, "Justice. Sometimes one has to run a bit to mete it out."

Ryuu looked to his hand, then the Unicorn's own. "The High Five. Something done with comrades in exultation? I... like it." He noded.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:53 am 
Yul nodded, his expression becoming more serious. "I get it. Sounds like you do some good work for the Spider."

And then his grin returned. "Yeah. That's what a high-five is all about. When you work great together, or someone did a good job, and you want to congratulate them, that sort of thing." He chuckled. "There's other things, too, but hey, one thing at a time. Unicorn secrets, you know." It wasn't the time to tell Ryuu about the Unicorn butt-slap.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next