It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [Day 1 LA] Fun? Games? (Expecting)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:00 am 
Shoan stands outside a Starcade window, peering into the darkened interior. She doesn't mean to be menacing but her crossed arms and steely demeanor weirded out enough of the local kids that the cabinets nearest the outside are all vacant.

If the Murame has noticed she's not showing it.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

Post subject: Re: [Day 1 LA] Fun? Games? (Expecting)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:16 am 
There was a slice of time that still needed to be filled before departing for the Welcoming Festivities of Welcoming, so Hakka had elected to do a bit of exploring of the Upper City before heading to the Xenogardens. Upon spotting the vaguely familiar tattooed arms of Shoan, she made a decision and moved towards the other woman.

Upon reaching her, Hakka made notice of the empty cabinets outside of what she now knew was a starcade, but not a word or even an action was given to show that she had noticed. "Ikoma-sama, well met this afternoon," was spoken after a bow in greeting. "No ill-effects post travel?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:20 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
There was a slice of time that still needed to be filled before departing for the Welcoming Festivities of Welcoming, so Hakka had elected to do a bit of exploring of the Upper City before heading to the Xenogardens. Upon spotting the vaguely familiar tattooed arms of Shoan, she made a decision and moved towards the other woman.

Upon reaching her, Hakka made notice of the empty cabinets outside of what she now knew was a starcade, but not a word or even an action was given to show that she had noticed. "Ikoma-sama, well met this afternoon," was spoken after a bow in greeting. "No ill-effects post travel?"

Shoan stirs slightly, probably her version of jumping in surprise

"Doji-san? It is...good to see you. I am well enough, physically speaking." Wait, there was a second part of this "How...are you?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:36 am 
"A hot bath with pleasant company can heal any number of ailments and the facilities here are quite adequate; the soap collection warrants only a moment of contemplation over in regards to the selection."

She turns to look into the darkened building that had been capturing Shoan's attention. "Were you just leaving, Ikoma-san?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:41 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
"A hot bath with pleasant company can heal any number of ailments and the facilities here are quite adequate; the soap collection warrants only a moment of contemplation over in regards to the selection."

She turns to look into the darkened building that had been capturing Shoan's attention. "Were you just leaving, Ikoma-san?"

Shoan still wasn't sure there were more than two kinds of soap...scented and unscented.

"A bath." ....I'm sure I still smell appropriate, just play it cool. "Yes, they are wonderful, I bathe often."
Wince
"In truth Doji-san I was contemplating whether I should enter, but many of the machines seemed design for multiple players and I might appear foolish playing-"
squint
"-'Taoist Splitter Crisis 4' solo"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:07 am 
The unopened fan that was in her hand, flicked open at the Ikoma's words and Hakka used it to obscure the lower part of her face. Her eyes however were crinkled in amusement. "Taoist Splitter Crisis 4 was not the strongest entry into the series. The solo campaign had several inconsistencies that made for unpleasant game play, so this one can see why you'd be so hesitant to go alone."

A pause.

"If you allow it, Ikoma-san, this one could accompany you inside to see what else they may have?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:11 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
The unopened fan that was in her hand, flicked open at the Ikoma's words and Hakka used it to obscure the lower part of her face. Her eyes however were crinkled in amusement. "Taoist Splitter Crisis 4 was not the strongest entry into the series. The solo campaign had several inconsistencies that made for unpleasant game play, so this one can see why you'd be so hesitant to go alone."

A pause.

"If you allow it, Ikoma-san, this one could accompany you inside to see what else they may have?"

Shoan just assumes arcade games are par the course for Doji diplomats

"Only if it is not too much trouble, but your expertise could be helpful. I rarely find the time for recreation."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:23 am 
"Programming is a small passion of mine, so I do try to keep abreast of the newest developments when I can," says Hakka over her shoulder, as she moves to go through the door. After taking several steps inside to take a look at what is available, the fan snaps closed to be tapped against her chin. A small, thoughtful noise escapes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:31 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
"Programming is a small passion of mine, so I do try to keep abreast of the newest developments when I can," says Hakka over her shoulder, as she moves to go through the door. After taking several steps inside to take a look at what is available, the fan snaps closed to be tapped against her chin. A small, thoughtful noise escapes.

Shoan tries to mirror Hakka, although thankfully she doesn't try to imitate the small thoughtful noise
"That seems a useful hobby in this day and age Doji-san, one that I confess I have little understanding of."
Now that her eyes are adjusting to the gloom, Shoan can make out the impressive diversity of machines on display

"Are any of them particularly notable?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:56 am 
"Ikoma-san should choose as it is for her and then we will go forward together? They're all passable in some fashion and can be worked with. I'm sure."

She stepped to the side and waited, fan once again lazily at work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:59 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
"Ikoma-san should choose as it is for her and then we will go forward together? They're all passable in some fashion and can be worked with. I'm sure."

She stepped to the side and waited, fan once again lazily at work.

"Of course."
She points to a random machine

"This one looks appropriate, would you join me for a match of, uh Double Extreme Ornithopter Racing?
The cabinet blares out a catchy jingle as little animated ornithopters crash into various obstacles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:47 am 
"It should do nicely," she said after a moment of studying it. "I've not done many of this type, so it will be new to me as well. How serendipitous."

Hakka walks towards the cabinet, to run her hands over the controls and to read the controls as stated on the console itself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:51 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
"It should do nicely," she said after a moment of studying it. "I've not done many of this type, so it will be new to me as well. How serendipitous."

Hakka walks towards the cabinet, to run her hands over the controls and to read the controls as stated on the console itself.

"Yes, I selected it for its novelty" technically true.

The controls seem fairly straightforward, although there is a small section on the 'mecha transform combat controls' that seems on face value to be completely unrelated to the casual flying game

Very politely "Would you like to be Player 1 Doji-san?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:02 am 
"Please, Ikoma-san, you should have the honor of being first player. This is for you after all." Hakka steps away from the console and makes a sweeping gesture with her fan towards where the first player would stand to play.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:06 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
"Please, Ikoma-san, you should have the honor of being first player. This is for you after all." Hakka steps away from the console and makes a sweeping gesture with her fan towards where the first player would stand to play.

Ah, Hakka appreciated the finer points of Rokugani gamer etiquette.
"Doji-san I must insist. You would be clearly a stronger player 1 than me, and only be maximizing each of our strengths will we achieve victory and stop.....'Lord Vilus of the Skull Clan'.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:21 am 
"Ikoma-san, it will take a mind more attuned to the intricacies of battle than mine own to lead us to victory against Lord Vilius. Thus, I must insist, please." There's a delicate little quiver in her voice, as if the thought of losing would be too much. A courtier? Using some form of manipulation? Never.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:25 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
"Ikoma-san, it will take a mind more attuned to the intricacies of battle than mine own to lead us to victory against Lord Vilius. Thus, I must insist, please." There's a delicate little quiver in her voice, as if the thought of losing would be too much. A courtier? Using some form of manipulation? Never.

Shoan looks somewhat aghast and almost takes the controller....almost. But if she could stand firm against the horrors of the galaxy she could probably fight through a quiver...probably

"I am sure Doji-san is attuned to battles of a different nature. Lord Vilius has three boss forms and then his own bonus level, only with your specialized computing skills would I stand a chance where doubtless many other samurai have failed."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:43 am 
Fan snapping shut with a click, Hakka slides it into her obi. "Then this one will accept the post of player one, Ikoma-san and may this alliance prove fruitful." She stepped up to console and tapped at the buttons a few times, long white fingers flying over them in some sort of way to get the pair started.

"You may choose the beginning area if you wish, or they have a randomization option."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:48 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
Fan snapping shut with a click, Hakka slides it into her obi. "Then this one will accept the post of player one, Ikoma-san and may this alliance prove fruitful." She stepped up to console and tapped at the buttons a few times, long white fingers flying over them in some sort of way to get the pair started.

"You may choose the beginning area if you wish, or they have a randomization option."

"Thank you Doji-san, may our armies never know defeat."
Shoan opens up the are start select and freezes for half a second at the default option, a burning city, before quietly changing to a setting above soaring peaks.

"That should do nicely. I am interested in what the game shall throw at us fi-"
The screen fills with incoming attack zepplins shaped like skuls
"Oh, well here they come." Shoan starts furiously hammering the buttons.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:29 am 
"Excellent choice," she says as the game starts. Hakka's button strategy is a bit less mash and more "let's figure out combos" at speed. As the flying skulls zoom around the screen they go down to their fiery doom. The longer the two play an amused smirk plays at the edges of Hakka's lips, as she gets more into the game.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next