It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day Three - Early Evening] Playing for Keeps (Retro Nig
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:38 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul had some experience, but not that much experience. "What?" He said, blinking.

Shaking his head, he let it go. "Uh, yeah. There's lots of expeditions going out, from time to time. I bet the Lion have some. Or... I could see if there was extra space if I'm going out sometime?"

"I," Nozomi said. She clearly didn't want to say more on the matter.

Thankfully for her, it seemed like the conversation was moving forward. "Sure, that sounds very nice," she said with the most pleasant smile an odd turtleneck lady could offer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:02 pm 
Kuni Eriko wrote:
"I could...sure," she said as she gave a glance around to see if anyone here was doing that. One was an oddity, two was a coincidence, and three was a trend. Or something. "But I'm not exactly one to put the squeeze on someone for some goofy glasses or some flute I'm going to forget about by the end of the night. Ah-ah, not too exciting. Call me sour grapes, if you want. In some of the bigger cities, they have these joints where you could get alcohol or porcelain with your tickets."

"I didn't peg you for that type." She seemed to be a bit too practical for that kind of nonsense. "And yeah I've seen some of those myself back on the Blue pearl."

He smirked. "I usually go for the booze myself there, gives you somethign to drink when you play, and you only need to play some more to drink some more. Which is probably ratehr thr point of having alcohol as a prize."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:09 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"No, no I didn't," she shook her head, her voice turning sheepish. "My mother often had many dignitaries visit, but they were often invited over to see me perform some of my poetry. Both when I was young, and when I was older as the school which I attended was near our home," she said sheepishly, glancing aside. "My father kept his work away from home.. so, I didn't really get a sense of my work from them. Other than that," she looked down a little, but her glasses started to slip so she righted herself and pushed them back up. "I attended to the teachings of my Sensei. Spent time with friends and wrote poetry," she shrugged.

"Was that what Kuchiki-san was hoping for as an answer?" she raised a brow, the pink frames of her glasses obscuring more than half of them.

Tsugiharu nodded.

"it is a very helpful start Doji-san....although I can't quite tell what your feelings on poetry are. If it's something you truly enjoy creating, or simply create because it is expected of you." he offered.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:14 pm 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
Tsugiharu nodded.

"it is a very helpful start Doji-san....although I can't quite tell what your feelings on poetry are. If it's something you truly enjoy creating, or simply create because it is expected of you." he offered.

"Oh, oh no," she laughed, shaking her head. "Poetry is something I have always loved, I still love," she glanced aside again, "it was the reason my mother often thought to show it off. When I was younger I loved it so much that I excelled in the practice of it a bit ahead of my peers but, well, I settled back down when my training as a Samurai became important."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:24 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:

"Oh, oh no," she laughed, shaking her head. "Poetry is something I have always loved, I still love," she glanced aside again, "it was the reason my mother often thought to show it off. When I was younger I loved it so much that I excelled in the practice of it a bit ahead of my peers but, well, I settled back down when my training as a Samurai became important."

Tsugiharu nodded.

"That is good. Poetry should come from...hmmm...well heart, soul, emotion....whatever you care to call it. I had a programmer friend once who thought that if he fed all the 'rules' of poetry into a program, he could produce new original poetry at the push of a button. Hmmm...how did that one go?

Sandy barbed foreshore
A little, merry bee sneers
at the perfect cheese."

He chuckled.

"You can see the problem."

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

Theme Song

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:37 pm 
"Faulty code at that," she laughed when bringing her hand up to cover her mouth as she did. "The scheme is off a little, and yes.." she shook her head a little, "it doesn't meet the tone requirements of traditional poems either. Maybe a good one to share among friends though, for fun," she chuckled again.

Furrowing her brow a little, she smiled:

Barbed foreshore rests,
inviting travelers gaze,
malicious, serene.

"Maybe something like that, Kuchiki-san? I'm afraid it isn't too much better," she said, fiddling with her index finger. "Fitting for our earlier meeting, yea?" she chuckles awkwardly.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:58 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"I," Nozomi said. She clearly didn't want to say more on the matter.

Thankfully for her, it seemed like the conversation was moving forward. "Sure, that sounds very nice," she said with the most pleasant smile an odd turtleneck lady could offer.

"Alright, well," Yul nodded, "-we can see about doing that sometime, maybe. There's all sorts of things to see. Mushrooms, lizards... did I mention mushroom?" Yul smiled. "It's great, but it'd be hard on someone with a spore allergy."

"Oh." He frowned. "That reminds me. You'll want a gas mask if you go. Just in case."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:30 am 
Yasuki Nakaba wrote:
"The memory of a joyful evening is enough to suffice. That's worth more than anything on that shelf." Nakaba shrugs playfully. "Be a shame to let these tickets go to waste. Especially when they can so easily make the night worth while for another." His smile small but sincere.

Nara smiled at that. It was pretty sweet.

"Surely there's someone better than me?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:41 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"Faulty code at that," she laughed when bringing her hand up to cover her mouth as she did. "The scheme is off a little, and yes.." she shook her head a little, "it doesn't meet the tone requirements of traditional poems either. Maybe a good one to share among friends though, for fun," she chuckled again.

Furrowing her brow a little, she smiled:

Barbed foreshore rests,
inviting travelers gaze,
malicious, serene.

"Maybe something like that, Kuchiki-san? I'm afraid it isn't too much better," she said, fiddling with her index finger. "Fitting for our earlier meeting, yea?" she chuckles awkwardly.

Tsugiharu nods.

"But your poem actually expresses something, Doji-san, even if it does lack Mr. Buzzers the cheerful, yet haughty apiodean cheese critic. It does fit the experience quite nicely indeed." he offers.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:52 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
She dips in an abbreviated bow, "Daidoji Ishiyo, Crane Navy. Figtheh pilot."

"And no we have not yet. Though I have seen you at some of the events and had a few discussions with your clan mate Bayushi Tenma-san."

"Oh yes, I think I saw you at the otori riding event?" Akagi said, nodding. "You kept your bird, didn't you, Daidoji-sama? Did you enjoy riding?"

when appropriate: otori mount, light armor, standard rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:59 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"Hm, I did play Kamoko last time, but... maybe I should try something else." It was a bit trite playing only the character from your own clan, after all.

"I think I will try the Lion Thunder. I overheard some saying that's one of the strongest damage-dealers in the game."

"That sounds excellent." He nodded as they finally were at the machine proper. The highly stylized animation and overproduced music were a joy to the senses in the arcade.

He smiled.

"Let us go for a complete run-through."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:06 am 
"Hai." She nodded and rolled her shoulders to loosen up for the upcoming match. Crane Thunder and Lion Thunder would be an interesting teamup, at least in her mind, considering how often those two clans had been at odds.

"We play to win." Hyeon-ju seemed as serious about this now as if she was getting into a cockpit to fly.

Being ever the style-conscious samurai, she opted for the skin of the Lion Thunder that represented the first Thunder - Lady Matsu herself.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:25 am 
The button combination was input, and Doji Hotari was costume swapped for... Doji Hotaru, armed with a massive polearm, appearing graceful, beautiful, and deadly.

"Affirmative. Objectives are success with all optional goals completed." He responded, matching her seriousness with his own. A stacknof credits set on the console.

"Failure is not an option."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:45 am 
She gave on sharp, serious nod. Were she a Matsu, she might've actually done a loud battlecry like they were famous for, but she was an Utaku - who had for thousands of years kept up the tradition of honoring the first Lady Otaku by maintaining silence in combat.

The aggressive style of the Lion seemed to work more in favor for her preferred tactics of just spamming the attacks as much as possible, compared to the Unicorn Thunder that relied much more on being able to move around quickly and being more strategic with placement.

Being a rookie at games, it hadn't occurred to her quite yet to apply her tactical acumen to gaming.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:18 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Alright, well," Yul nodded, "-we can see about doing that sometime, maybe. There's all sorts of things to see. Mushrooms, lizards... did I mention mushroom?" Yul smiled. "It's great, but it'd be hard on someone with a spore allergy."

"Oh." He frowned. "That reminds me. You'll want a gas mask if you go. Just in case."

"Do you have a spore allergy then?" she asked with a quizzical look.

"I do have a gas mask in my bunk. Guess it's a good thing that I packed it!" Suddenly, her lip quivered, and she looked away at the rest of the machines. "Fun night though, yes?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:36 am 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
Tsugiharu nods.

"But your poem actually expresses something, Doji-san, even if it does lack Mr. Buzzers the cheerful, yet haughty apiodean cheese critic. It does fit the experience quite nicely indeed." he offers.

Ichika chuckles into her hand, "Maybe, but it definitely is lacking something in missing Mr. Buzzers."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:46 am 
Susumu Nara wrote:
smiled at that. It was pretty sweet.

"Surely there's someone better than me?"

"On the rare chance of spotting an immensely elegant lady such as yourself in an arcade of brightly flashing silly games I'd say your beyond compare. I truly believe it would harm my kharma to let you be cheated over 10 measly ticket when I have so many to toss into the wind carelessly. That's just not my style." His attitude more bold in insisting she take his tickets.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:10 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Do you have a spore allergy then?" she asked with a quizzical look.

"I do have a gas mask in my bunk. Guess it's a good thing that I packed it!" Suddenly, her lip quivered, and she looked away at the rest of the machines. "Fun night though, yes?"

Yul shook his head gently. "No, I just mean there's a lot of mushrooms.

He stared at her, frowning. "Uh... yeah. I guess so. That is a good thing." Why did he get the feeling that he was missing about half of the conversation? Yul's expression brightened. "But yeah! It's been a fun night. Wish I'd gotten to try the driving game, though. Did you have a favorite?"

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:22 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul shook his head gently. "No, I just mean there's a lot of mushrooms.

He stared at her, frowning. "Uh... yeah. I guess so. That is a good thing." Why did he get the feeling that he was missing about half of the conversation? Yul's expression brightened. "But yeah! It's been a fun night. Wish I'd gotten to try the driving game, though. Did you have a favorite?"

Nozomi took off her glasses, gave them a good cleaning, and then pressed them right back up her nose. "I'm glad you've been having fun!" she said, trying to get back into fun, sociable mode.

She looked around, trying to orient herself in the arcade. "I liked the baseball one the most," she said, following up with a mock swing. "It wasn't too popular among my fellow shugenja."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:18 am 
Bayushi Akagi wrote:
"Oh yes, I think I saw you at the otori riding event?" Akagi said, nodding. "You kept your bird, didn't you, Daidoji-sama? Did you enjoy riding?"

"Of course, how could I not? He is absolutely adorable." Ishiyo smiled, "I assume you must have as well if you are asking me."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next