It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day Three - Early Evening] Playing for Keeps (Retro Nig
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:38 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:
Tsugiharu nods.

"But your poem actually expresses something, Doji-san, even if it does lack Mr. Buzzers the cheerful, yet haughty apiodean cheese critic. It does fit the experience quite nicely indeed." he offers.

Ichika chuckles into her hand, "Maybe, but it definitely is lacking something in missing Mr. Buzzers."

Tsugihara chuckles a bit at that.

"Perhaps Mr. Buzzers would be a better fit in a different artistic format?" he asked.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:54 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I didn't peg you for that type." She seemed to be a bit too practical for that kind of nonsense. "And yeah I've seen some of those myself back on the Blue pearl."

He smirked. "I usually go for the booze myself there, gives you somethign to drink when you play, and you only need to play some more to drink some more. Which is probably ratehr thr point of having alcohol as a prize."

"I don't know about drinking in the arcades there," she chuckled as she placed her hands in her pockets. "I don't know...a bottle of umeshu, even the cheap stuff, just doesn't feel like it should be popped open on the go. If a place has alcohol as part of the prizes, they're likely to serve you too. That way they squeeze more out of you and there aren't that many victorious drunks out there. At least, I haven't met one yet."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:22 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi took off her glasses, gave them a good cleaning, and then pressed them right back up her nose. "I'm glad you've been having fun!" she said, trying to get back into fun, sociable mode.

She looked around, trying to orient herself in the arcade. "I liked the baseball one the most," she said, following up with a mock swing. "It wasn't too popular among my fellow shugenja."

"Yeah?" Yul smiled. "Nice. I used to play a little baseball, but I was never any good. But hey, when you've got a bunch of flat ground, a ball, and a stick, it's pretty easy to play."

He nodded. "Shugenja sometimes surprise me, the way they're physically gifted. I've known a few that could toss me around." He shrugged. "But they're gifted in different ways, seems like."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:20 pm 
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:

"Perhaps Mr. Buzzers would be a better fit in a different artistic format?" he asked.

"With a name like that it'd have to be a funny one," she said, tapping her chin, "maybe.." she furrowed her brow. Glanced around the starcade a little, "Well, something to figure out another time maybe, Kuchiki-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:52 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Kuchiki Tsugiharu wrote:

"With a name like that it'd have to be a funny one," she said, tapping her chin, "maybe.." she furrowed her brow. Glanced around the starcade a little, "Well, something to figure out another time maybe, Kuchiki-san?"

Tsugiharu bowed.

"Indeed. I will look forward to that, and to our next attempt at Hyper-stars." he agrees easily.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:55 pm 
"Mmm," she nods her head with a small smile, "mhm!" Ichika took her turn in the bow, and then with a little wave, made her way off toward the eventuality that was her next destination.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:00 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Yeah?" Yul smiled. "Nice. I used to play a little baseball, but I was never any good. But hey, when you've got a bunch of flat ground, a ball, and a stick, it's pretty easy to play."

He nodded. "Shugenja sometimes surprise me, the way they're physically gifted. I've known a few that could toss me around." He shrugged. "But they're gifted in different ways, seems like."

"I figured you'd mostly be in space," Nozomi said with a smile. "Or do you mean, like, while training at the dojo or something?" She patted her densai case and left the rest unspoken for the moment.

"Oh! In some cases, said shugenja might be blessed by the kami," she explained with a triumphant pushing-up of her glasses. "And it's not like we don't do physical exercise too. For instance, I might be able to... to toss you around, as you put it." The last words came out with a staccato much different from her usual speech. She then flashed an awkward smile, as she often did.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:44 pm 
Kuni Eriko wrote:
"I don't know about drinking in the arcades there," she chuckled as she placed her hands in her pockets. "I don't know...a bottle of umeshu, even the cheap stuff, just doesn't feel like it should be popped open on the go. If a place has alcohol as part of the prizes, they're likely to serve you too. That way they squeeze more out of you and there aren't that many victorious drunks out there. At least, I haven't met one yet."

"Most people get lucky every now and then, even Drunk oones." He repleid with an amused smile. "I suppose that's what makes places like this nce though. You can have a bit of fun and bring the family, you don't have to worry about some drunk causing a ccommotion and yelling at the machines or something."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:51 pm 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
"Of course, how could I not? He is absolutely adorable." Ishiyo smiled, "I assume you must have as well if you are asking me."

"Oh, definitely, I kept mine," Akagi agreed with a grin. "For as long as they'll allow it, anyhow. I know we can't take them off-world, so I figure I should enjoy riding otori while I can."

when appropriate: otori mount, light armor, standard rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:15 pm 
"I need to take my pooh otori out, it has been too hectic with the otheh guests for me to actually have a chance to get out there." Ishiyo smiles, "Perhaps we will run across one anotheh in the field?" The Crane suddenly realized she should probably find a pair of riding boots and riding helmet.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:55 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"I figured you'd mostly be in space," Nozomi said with a smile. "Or do you mean, like, while training at the dojo or something?" She patted her densai case and left the rest unspoken for the moment.

"Oh! In some cases, said shugenja might be blessed by the kami," she explained with a triumphant pushing-up of her glasses. "And it's not like we don't do physical exercise too. For instance, I might be able to... to toss you around, as you put it." The last words came out with a staccato much different from her usual speech. She then flashed an awkward smile, as she often did.

Yul shook his head. "I grew up planetside. I didn't transfer to the Skyriders until I was a bit older. More than half of my life was spent on Shinjo's Grace. Now..." Yul shrugged, "we're mostly stationed in space, prepared for a strike mission or whatever."

Yul's eyebrows went up, and he smiled. "You think you could, huh? I'm not so bad at wrestling. If you wanna try to take me on sometime, hey, you're welcome to try." The Kitsu woman was a little nervous, clearly, but she seemed nice.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:37 am 
Yasuki Nakaba wrote:
"On the rare chance of spotting an immensely elegant lady such as yourself in an arcade of brightly flashing silly games I'd say your beyond compare. I truly believe it would harm my kharma to let you be cheated over 10 measly ticket when I have so many to toss into the wind carelessly. That's just not my style." His attitude more bold in insisting she take his tickets.

Nara bowed deeply to the man.

"Heeee, I can't say no then! Thank you!" Nara moved to take the tickets offered, which put her closer to the Yasuki, her eyes sparkling with joy "you are my favourite ever person today. Thank you so much Yasuki-san."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:36 am 
Susumu Nara wrote:
Nara bowed deeply to the man.

"Heeee, I can't say no then! Thank you!" Nara moved to take the tickets offered, which put her closer to the Yasuki, her eyes sparkling with joy "you are my favourite ever person today. Thank you so much Yasuki-san."

"Thank you." he beams positively at the complement. With a flash of a silver metal case retrieved from a hidden pocket, Nakaba presents Nara with a pristinely white business card. Yasuki Nakaba, Attorney of Kawakami Logistics. Listed below his communicator number. "In case I can reclaim that title for any of our remaining days. Give me a call."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:14 am 
Yasuki Nakaba wrote:
"Thank you." he beams positively at the complement. With a flash of a silver metal case retrieved from a hidden pocket, Nakaba presents Nara with a pristinely white business card. Yasuki Nakaba, Attorney of Kawakami Logistics. Listed below his communicator number. "In case I can reclaim that title for any of our remaining days. Give me a call."

Nara accepted the card, looking at both sides with curious eyes.

"Yasuki Nakaba-sama" she said, looking back at the man "I'm Susumu Nara. It's lovely to meet you. Ooh, plushie!" she quickly turned back, now with 20 tickets, to get her Oharu the Otori plush! It wasn't big but she was happy as she turned back to the Crab hugging in to her.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:38 am 
Susumu Nara wrote:
Nara accepted the card, looking at both sides with curious eyes.

"Yasuki Nakaba-sama" she said, looking back at the man "I'm Susumu Nara. It's lovely to meet you. Ooh, plushie!" she quickly turned back, now with 20 tickets, to get her Oharu the Otori plush! It wasn't big but she was happy as she turned back to the Crab hugging in to her.

Seeing Nara happy with plush made it all worth while. A rival samurai sure, destined to stand opposed, but that didn't make Nakaba inhuman. "Likewise. You take care of that little birb." he reples. Please don't do any dark rituals with the innocent birbo he thinks as a joke to himself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:42 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Most people get lucky every now and then, even Drunk oones." He repleid with an amused smile. "I suppose that's what makes places like this nce though. You can have a bit of fun and bring the family, you don't have to worry about some drunk causing a ccommotion and yelling at the machines or something."

"Well, you're right about that. I think most of what the Phoenix have set up here are meant to be family safe. There seems to be a good amount of pre-gempukku kid running about here, especially with the nearby dojo they've set up. Everything is happy and safe, peaceful..." she as she looked around the Starcade.

She leaned in slightly and talked to him in a conspiratory manner, "You know, makes me wonder if I'll even bump my head if hit it against a wall now..."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:10 am 
"Could be you don't." He replied slipoing into whispers as well. "But I'm thinking it's not to wise to bump your head against a wall to see."

"People might just start looking at you funny."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:55 am 
"Wouldn't be the first time, really," she said before giving a wise nod. "However, there's still to be fun, even if it's not here tonight. I'm sure you get around here more than I do, what's your take?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:13 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul shook his head. "I grew up planetside. I didn't transfer to the Skyriders until I was a bit older. More than half of my life was spent on Shinjo's Grace. Now..." Yul shrugged, "we're mostly stationed in space, prepared for a strike mission or whatever."

Yul's eyebrows went up, and he smiled. "You think you could, huh? I'm not so bad at wrestling. If you wanna try to take me on sometime, hey, you're welcome to try." The Kitsu woman was a little nervous, clearly, but she seemed nice.

"Ah. That would explain all the baseball skill." Nozomi smiled. "Could you imagine a world where a bunch of highly trained warriors run around and kill things with their swords instead of using firearms ever?"

The Kitsu looked away, smiling meekly. "I... okay we can try sometime."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:55 pm 
Kuni Eriko wrote:
"Wouldn't be the first time, really," she said before giving a wise nod. "However, there's still to be fun, even if it's not here tonight. I'm sure you get around here more than I do, what's your take?"

"On placrs to have fun?" He reached a hand up and rubbed tha back of his neck. "Depends on the type of fun you're looking for. I hit up one of the clubs in the city most nights, it's not great, but its something."

"Other then that, I just kinda try to make my own."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next