It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: [EN4] Tarantelle [Expecting]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:40 pm 
"I would like that." He nodded, and noted the offered pin. Hand out stretched, he reached. Gently plucking it from her palm, but there was something else. The incidental touch of his fingertips against her hand, a slight dance of fingers brushing past each other, as he took it.

His mind raced to the moment beneath the water, then flashed past it. A slight hue to his cheeks, before affixing the pin to his uniform jacket.

"It was my honor, Daidoji-san. You never need to thank me."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:52 pm 
As he removed the pin, Ishiyo's own fingertips curl up slightly...prolonging their contact a fraction longer. She closes her hand as the cold metal leaves her palm, covering for the subtle contact of their hands. "You helped win me a pin for a song from Inu-tai's show...well at least a pin for doing something related to it..."

Her own thoughts lingered on the pool. She hides it with a silly grin, "That pin is not regulation Daigotsu-san." Ishiyo teases.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:20 am 
"I will risk disciplinary action to show case our victory tonight." Ryuu's eyes fell to her own, and it occurred that they were still standing on the dance pads. A laugh to meet her grin, before stepping off. "What shall we play next, Daidoji-san. Plenty of time..." and somehow not enough. "... to explore the arcade. I am glad they let Streets of Thunder remain out after last night. But I chose the first game, so it is your turn."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:39 am 
"Hmm I did not get a chance to try that one last night..." Ishiyo considers it for a moment, "I feah you will have to carry me through that game. I am not good at brawlehs." She chuckles, "Hmm....who would Daigotsu-san pick foh theih Thundeh if we were to play?"

Her hand reaches up and adjusts the pin ever so slightly, careful to not make contact with the Spider...only the metal pin. "There maybe they will assume it some new award for gallantry, facing the enemy with an ally." Her smile softens before she turns toward the Streets of Thunder machine.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:18 am 
His breath caught as she adjusted the pin. They were so close together, enjoying this time. He focused on her eyes at the moment, his features softened. "Thank you." It was above a whisper, then he turned serious.

"I chose Bayushi Kachiko and Doji Hoturi in my two playthroughs last night. Could you see me controlling Akodo Toturi?" An eyebrow raised, as he followed her to the machine.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:40 am 
Her eyes twinkle with a little mischievousness, "Oh think nothing of it Daigotsu-san, I just wanted you to look you-eh best."

Ishiyo stepped back to ponder his question. "Toturi eh? I suppose as a Crane I should probably pick Hoturi...but what do you think." She smiles and raises her eye brows, curious as to his response.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:01 am 
"Hoturi, or alternate costume Hotaru, was quite fun. Excellent against bosses." Ryuu nodded, lamenting that she stepped back. "Honestly all the Thunders have their plusses and minuses. It is about working together as a team to overcome."

He looked to her for a long moment. "So a bad choice in Thunder cannot be made."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:15 am 
Ishiyo looked at the Ryuu and made something of show of pondering her choice. Then she shifts forward again. "Tadaka! In honor of ouh hosts."

Her grin had returned, "Shall we?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:58 am 
Ryuu nodded in affirmation, grabbing the control stick, his right hand over the six combat buttons. The music blared, and the side scrolling beat 'em up began.

"It is an honor to fight beside you Ish... Daidoji-san." He almost forgot his place, remembering where they were.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:14 am 
Ishiyo took up the second stick, the sudden realization of how close the arcade machine made them hit her like a punch from one of the little pixelated oni. She smiled and inched a little closer, for a better position at the controls of course and no other ulterior motives.

Her blue eyes looked up Ryuu and she gave him a conspiratorial smile, "Let's begin Daigotsu-san."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:53 am 
It was an unconscious movement, the way the Spider moved closer to the Crane as she adjusted. Hunched over the cabinet, the light from the screen reflected upon their faces. Ryuu couldn't help but grin the whole time. Button combinations flying, but it was more muscle memory from him.

Ryuu's mind was focused on Ishiyo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:59 am 
Ishiyo was clearly not very good at the game, but like Ryuu her mind seemed elsewhere...and lacked the muscle memory. Still as she played it was natural she moved closer to the middle of the console. Soon enough they were brushing shoulders and here head leaned toward him as she concentrated.

Right now she hoped this moment would never end.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:30 am 
His eyes widened as he felt her next to him. He didn't even think, he just leaned in against her as they played. The game hardly mattered. The people around them didn't matter.

Nothing else was important in this moment.

A Spider.

A Crane.

His mother had told him that true beauty was in the fleetingness of a mkment. He didn't really understand it before. Not until coming to Asakaze.

No matter how the miai went. No matter what happened. This moment was theirs forever. Even if only in memory.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:46 am 
Of course all moments come to an end.

It did not really matter how it happened, neither of them was really playing the game by that point, but the final life disappeared and the final continue was used.

Ishiyo lingered next to Ryuu as the 'GAME OVER' screen flashed on the screen, lingered until it got back to the select screen...but by then the illusion could no longer be maintained. She leaned back away from him, then her blue eyes turned to him.

There were several things she wanted to say. But only, "Thank you...it was fun, Daigotsu-san." Her cheeks had reddened and her eyes said more then her words ever could.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:54 am 
"You are welcome, Daidoji-san." His heart was racing, his eyes entirely focused on her. The confusion of feelings, of everything. They had all been told to ignore personal feelings, focus on who could strengthen the Spider, strengthen the alliances.

Yet already, he was beginning to want what he desired, if it helped the Clan, all the better.

He wanted what his parents had.

He didn't think...no. He focused himself, feeling the warmth in his cheeks. Feeling her eyes on him.

"Should... what should we do?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:04 am 
Ishiyo looked away, "I...do not know." Her own confusion over Duty and some other emotions she had never expected. Her blue eyes flick up looking for something, before both of them did something they might regret.

"Maybe we should get some snacks." She smiled weakly, "Something cold." And bitter. The Crane needed to clear her head quickly.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:35 am 
"Yes. That is... an excellent idea." He nodded. "I think... this way." He looked about confused for a moment, then seeing the sign for the snack bar, he pointed it out. How he wanted to just take her by the hand. Instead, he stepped to the side, allowing her the lead.

Well, he would be beside, not behind, no in front. Just two samurai, walking to the snack counter.

Trying to push down the redness in his face.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:52 pm 
Ishiyo walked with purpose to the snack bar, trying to ignore her own desire to alter her path and bring her just a little closer to the Spider. "So...how have you found the miai so fah." She asked a nervous laugh in her voice. "Pretty fun with all these events...and things." The path to the snack bar was taking an eternity...Ishiyo could only kept her eyes ahead to the current goal.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:39 am 
"Challenging. In a good way." He nodded, his hands clasped behind his back, mainly to resist the urge to reach for hers. It took a lot of willpower. "Even with not placing, I do hope that I have at least been able to show some of why I would do well by my spouse." Ryuu looked up, trying to shake some nervousness away.

"Bright spots that have been quite fun, though. I really did enjoy the biathlon. If I had been just a better shot, likely could have done better." He laughed a little, nervously. "And you? Anything stand out?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:52 am 
Ishiyo's blue eyes look directly into Ryuu's, "Yes." The word hung there between them for a moment, then she looked away, "The...otori were cute and I am a surprisingly good diplomat." The Crane grasped her hands in front of her. "What do you want...from the snack bar."

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next