It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Day 6, EN - Starlight Skills (Open)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:54 am 
Arcade. Yes, Tenma decided the Starcade before bed would be a nice way to tire herself out and wrap up the day. Not really all that clear with how the day had gone, it had had it's ups but a lot of downs in her book, she was mostly looking for distraction and clarity of mind.

She'd already wasted some time on the Streets of Thunder machine, kicking lass and taking games using her favorite characters... but it seemed mechanical and not quite distracting enough from her anxieties.

"The law never rests."

Post subject: Re: Day 6, EN - Starlight Skills (Open)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:41 am 
All the while Ruhe was smashing it at the Driftmaster, trying to beat his record from the Starcade Night.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:36 pm 
Finishing up her run with a familiar Game Over screen, Tenma stepped away from Streets of Thunder to see what was more engaging. To her disappointment, Driftmaster was as busy as always, occupied and with milling customers either watching or waiting; It was hard to tell which was which.

Still, she was surprised when she recognized the Moto from the pool, deciding to walk over and watch herself; She was interested in how he'd do, to be sure, but there was also something else about just seeing how he handled things in general.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 pm 
And the answer was - recklessly, driving without consideration for his own safety people usually intuitively have even in a simulator. He drove like living was more important than life. There were many "Now he's gonna crash!" but he never did, swerves bordering impossibility being served to the audience again and again. He wasn't even getting too intense, judging from the expression. He was actually yawning!

EN6. Driftmaster. Fatigued. 3R.: 8d10o10k4 42

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:38 pm 
Ishiyo arrived at the Starcade after a brief stop to change into something more comfortable. Her last visit her had been...well she smiled at the memories.

But for now she just wanted something to clear her mind and trying her hand at the supposed flight sim at the Starcade seemed the best bet. Spotting the Bayushi she gave her a wave and smile, the same for the Moto she had not met.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:02 am 
Leaning against the arcade cabinet like she was, Tenma watched the Moto drive with great skill. She imagined she couldn't do any better than that certainly, not without some practice. And practicing on Driftmaster was tough since it was so in demand. She wondered if the Moto drove like that out of a simulator...

Spotting a shot of blue out of the corner of her eye, Tenma glanced over to spy a familiar face, giving a small bow of her head followed by a casual wave of her hand towards Ishiyo.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:06 am 
Ishiyo blinks as she realizes several people were watching the Moto know. So she wandered over to see what was going on. "Bayushi-san it is good to see you ag...." Her eyes widen as she notices the score, then a look of horror on her face as she watches the Moto's driving. "I...am not much of a driveh but...that does not look very safe. I mean I know it is a game..."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:55 am 
"I thought so too, Daidoji-san. But notice how he's not hitting anything? With this rally style racing, it can be rather hard not to do so, but he's taking each corner and never getting any penalties. Though... I suppose I get what you're saying; At those speeds, if he WERE to lose control in a corner or such..."

She was glad it was just a game, on that thought.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:01 am 
"I am sure Moto-san does not drive like that in person." Ishiyo chuckled softly, "I mean it would be crazy. How have you been by the way...found any luck at the miai?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:53 am 
Ruhe had enough. His top score wouldn't be beaten tonight, and the queue was getting too long. "And that's all from me tonight, folks!" He dislodged himself from the seat, swaying slightly as if getting out of a trance. He shook and rubbed his face, and between his fingers he noticed the two women talking. "Oh hey. How are you doing? You're here for the Driftmaster? Gonna introduce me, Bayushi-sama?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:39 pm 
Tenma nodded to what Ishiyo said as Ruhe got up, turning to him ans giving a small bow.

"Not for Driftmaster per say, Moto-san. More to blow off steam in general. Ah, but introductions!"

With a flourish like a performer on stage, "The wild driving gentleman is Moto Ruhe-san, a Unicorn musician and quite the excellent swimmer I must say. And Moto-san, this is Dadoji Ishiyo-san, Crane pilot. Also a better swimmer than me, most likely."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:46 pm 
"An honor to met you Moto-san, though I have been near enough when you have indulged in you-eh songs." Ishiyo bowed as appropriate, "You are quite skilled at music...and Driftmaster it seems" She smiled.

"I would not go that fah Bayushi-san, you were a good swimmeh as well last I recall."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:17 pm 
"Either way, you're very talented both!" It was a very curious accent, but for a Unicorn it didn't sound odd. "Glad to be known by more than my music then, and a pleasure to meet you in person." He bowed to the Crane. Offering a handshake wa probably a bad idea.

He looked back at the simulator. "A pilot is a space driver, so you should be good at this too."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:27 pm 
"In a way," Ishiyo nodded then rubbed her cheek, "But the truth is with R, friction, and being confined to just 2D travel a lot of my talent withehs. Still I suppose I could give it a try in a moment."

"Do you drive like that on the actual road oh just in the sims? I know you-eh clan has a well deserved reputation foh not limiting yourselves when it comes to vehicles and horses."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:26 pm 
"I drive like I live. Too much caution is bad for locomotion!" He laughed. "Thought flyfolks are the same."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:42 pm 
"I very cautiously dive into the middle of enemy formations," Ishiyo responded with a wry grin, "An audacious attack often leaves the enemy with little mind to counteh."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:44 pm 
"I approve." Ruhe laughed. "Sow havoc like a hornet on a picnic, haha!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:47 am 
Like a hornet on a picnic? That was a new one to her.

"I suppose I rarely get the chance to kick down the door, as it were, personally. Though I also suppose a Yoriki gets enough chances to drive less cautiously thanks to having to go on the occasional chase when a criminal doesn't want to go quietly. Weaving through traffic on my Yahamahana SXZ 17, siren blaring..."

A small wistful sigh.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:23 am 
"I suppose it could be exciting," Ishiyo nodded, "I think I still prefeh the dogfight myself. Dodging, weaving, and trying to gain advantage on an enemy long enough to send them down in flames. While trying to be aware of theih comrades and you-eh own."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:41 am 
"We should bike together sometime, Bayushi-sama." Ruhe suggested, finding an obvious appeal in a girl who liked bikes. He then rubbed his beard. "Always wondered why it's called a dogfight. Do dogs fight like that? Have yet to see a flying dog. Same with catfights actually. Who makes those words?", said the inventor of a hornet on a picnic.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next