It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Day 6, EN - Starlight Skills (Open)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:01 am 
"The one thing I could leave out of magistrate chases and dog fighting would be getting shot back at. But I suppose one cannot control such things, just do the best with what they have."

She glanced from the Crane to the Unicorn.

"You have a bike rented here or something like that?"

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:11 am 
"Not yet, but I can get it. I mean, if the Phoenix play Driftmaster, they should have bikes." The logic was spurious but checked out in Ruhe's 'let's ride, hell yeah' paradigm.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:28 pm 
"Closer to you-eh ancestors to ride a bike no?" Ishiyo responded with a chuckle, "To be honest I rarely drove a cah, I mean I know how but it neveh interested me all that much."

"So how has everyone found theih time on planet so fah? Lots of new people, I know foh myself this is the most non-Crane I have had a chance to talk with."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:01 am 
"Certainly the most non-Scorpion I've seen. Mine was not exactly a cosmopolitan planet or upbringing. That's definitely been the most interesting part to me, getting to know people from other Clans. The city and planet and such, I could take or leave. Also the competitions have been fun, even if I've not been awarded for any; I just like trying new things, experimenting, pushing my boundaries."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:20 am 
"I am enjoying it. It's a ride wild enough for my taste, haha!" Ruhe laughed. "Also an opportunity to find some out-of-Clan musical inspirations. But in the end, I get it's all primarily a fancy time to let us find our spouses, so I try not to lose that from sight!"

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:47 am 
"True, true." Ishiyo smiled at their comments, "The ultimate goal is to find a spouse and bring honor to the clan with a propeh match."

"Any of the events you found more interesting then expected? I ended up rather liking those otori creatures, need to actually go riding again sometime."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:47 pm 
"I quite enjoyed the biathlon myself. Sure, I didn't do the best, but I liked the exertion of it, and breaking it up with different parts? Maybe I should move on from gymnastics to training for the biathlon for the future. I know they have it mixed with skiing too, and I know how to cross country ski well enough already."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:26 pm 
"I enjoyed all those that let me spread the power of heavy metal, this way or another." Ruhe grinned. "And I like riding the birds too! Riding's great in general."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:16 pm 
"Oh...yes, so that is what you-eh genre of music is called then?" Ishiyo blinks, and the gets a wry smile, "A fitting name I feel."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:55 am 
"What I've heard is different then the metal stuff I'm more familiar with, Moto-san. But I certainly won't deign to say it's not metal. Metal's more a spirit than a codified musical genre, after all, neh?"

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:19 am 
"You both have it exactly right! It's fitting a name, and it's more a spirit than a genre." He confirmed vigorously. "I guess I need to perform sometime when you're around."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:07 am 
"I notice you have a talent for spontaneous song," Ishiyo chuckled, "If you-eh earlieh impromptu performances have been any indication. But I assume you mean to play something you prepared?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:33 pm 
"I don't know. You think like now? Hell, why not!" He needed to retrieve his fiddle from where he'd left it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:26 pm 
Tenma chuckled and shook her head as the Moto went off to get his things, looking at Ishiyo, "Well, a performance in an arcade. I wonder if the other patrons will mind? You certainly seem to have inspired him, Daidoji-san."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:43 am 
"I am not sure I would go so far Bayushi-san," Ishiyo chuckled, "More Moto-san has the music already in him and just needs any excuse to let it out."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:37 am 
Meanwhile, Ruhe plugged up his power fiddle in their vicinity, sat on a free seat and chose something he thought girls unused to metal might like, from the nu repertoire he didn't fully endorse but it had its uses and situations, like this one, a romantic ballad. He didn't have any wooing in mind, not consciously anyway, just something palatable to bridge the boundary between his genre and their tastes. Still, he gave it his usual musical flare.

[No rolling, but Ruhe's instrumental averages for the game have been c. 50 w/ 3 Raises]

Quote:
This distance
This disillusion
I cling to memories
While falling
Sleep brings release
And the hope of a new day
Waking the misery
Of being without you
Surrender I give in
Another moment is another eternity
(Seek me) for comfort
(Call me) for solace
(I'll be waiting)
For the end of my broken heart
(Seek me) completion
(Call me) I'll be waiting
(I'll be waiting)
You know me
You know me all to well
My only desire
To bridge our division
In sorrow
I speak your name
And my voice mirrors my torment
for comfort
(Call me) for solace
(I'll be waiting)
Am I breathing?
My strength fails me
Your picture
A bitter memory
For comfort
For solace
(Seek me) for comfort
(Call me) for solace
(I'll be waiting)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:18 am 
Fortunately, the owner of the arcade didn't seem to mind the impromptu concert, or at least they didn't see fit to do anything to stop it. Same with the other customer. It might have helped that it was fairly low key, not blasted loudly through a speaker or such. So Tenma and Ishiyo got front stage standing seats to the little power ballad. Tenma listened with a smile, clapping a little after Ruhe was done.

"Wow, really powerful stuff, Moto-san! Definitely a lot of stage presence. Was that something you wrote?"

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:48 am 
"Not really, my own songs are usually more..." He thought about a good descriptor. "Vivacious, I guess. Chose this one on impulse, thought it might be closer to what you both are used to."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:41 pm 
Ishiyo applauded, "I have heard you-eh otheh performances." She smiled, "It is a definitely different, but that just shows you-eh impressive range of musical talent. Actually...if I may ask what drew you to music?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:14 pm 
"Thanks for liking it, Daidoji-sama!" Ruhe's smile luminosity increased for a brief moment. "It's rather who, and the answer is my old man, who was a metal musician too. This fiddle I have here, it's after him." He stroked the instrument, his expression drifting toward melancholic and a bit solemn, not his usual one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next