It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Come out and Play (Day 8 Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:14 am 
"Mmm.... I'd give you an eight out of ten, maybe an eight point five since you know how to dress." He replied with a playful wink.

"Not that I'd let you win just for that though." He teased, his eyed dancing with laughter as they met hers.

"Losing to someone good is just half the fun. Alot of the time it's how you learn and improve yourself."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:33 pm 
"Exactly! That's why I'm not all that down about my showing at these little competitions our hosts have been holding, so far; It's not like I haven't been trying my best, or that I don't want to do better. But it's been good practice and a lot of learning opportunities."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:41 pm 
"That they have." He agreed tipping his head towards the area with the vending to see if she might want something to drink. "I never thought I'd need have the chase to ride a giant bird after all."

"It was a nice experience and educational, but not one I really wanted to repeat either."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:50 am 
"That is also true."

She walked with him to the vending machines, Streets of Thunder 4 abandoned.

"Though I did find it convenient having it on hand the other day; Cheaper than renting a motorcycle or four wheeler for myself, at the least. Even if it decided to rain on me while I was riding..."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:04 am 
"Downsides to everything isn't there?" Hayato replied gesturing for Tenma to buy what she liked, as he inserted a silver card in the machine to cover the purchase. "Still, on the bright side you didn't catch a cold."

"And I imagine those feathers can be quite warm."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:32 am 
"For them, I suppose. Sitting in a saddle on top of one? Not so much. Just wet and stinky and ornery."

She scrunched her nose briefly as she chose a seltzer water for herself.

"So what next then? Want to give dancing a try?"

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:58 am 
"That sounds great." Hayato replied as he bought a can of coffee for himself. "I ahve been waiting to see your moves on a fake dance floor."

Opening his can of coffee he took a sip. "But what you described there sounds downright miserable. If you're ever wanting to get out and see the sights again I can rent and atv, and we can go together." He smirked. "It won't be a free ride for me, but at least it will have a roof, and ac."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:03 am 
"And more stimulating conversation, perhaps? Though I admit the bird was a decent enough listener, the same can be said of a rock."

She walked towards the Sunrise Overdrive 3 machine as she held the cool can in both hands.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:14 am 
"Well, I can't comment on myself, but you tend to keep a fella on his toes." Hayato observed as he fell into step with Tenma.

"Though now that I know you have conversations with giants birds, I might just be having some doubts." He teased.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:43 am 
Not entirely knowing it was teasing, that got Tenma to blush a little, "I-It wasn't really a conversation so much. Just a couple of comments, really. Speaking my mind and whatnot. You know, so it's not so lonely out there..."

She blushed a little deeper, pushing up the shades serving as her mask self consciously.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:22 am 
That earned the Bayushi a gentle nudge on her arm from Hayato's elbow. "I was only teasing, Bayushi-sama." He offered gently.

"Though you certainly are cute when you're flustered."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:25 am 
"Oh. Oooh. Okay."

Tenma seemed to flash through a few phases of understanding there, from the teasing to the being teased to the cute part... She walked a bit faster than turned around at the foot of the Moshi Moshi Overdrive machine.

"Well, I hope you're not teasing about paying for this, because I want to dance Tsuruchi-san! And one song might not be enough to slake this Yoriki's hunger for shaking it."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:50 am 
"I wouldn't tease a lady about that." Hayato repleid with a shake of his head, taking a sip of his coffee before placing it on a small table neardy. "After all I do know now much you like to shake it." He added with a playful wink.

Taking a hopping step onto the play area, he inserted that same silver card and paid for the frist round of dancing. "I suppose the challenge for me will be keeping up, huh?" The mantis added playfully.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:56 am 
"Fair enough. Color me excited to see you play though; Never took you for the Overdrive type, so it'll be interesting to see how you do."

Getting up on one side of the big machine, Tenma stood off the pads, watching Hayato and waiting for him to put the token in and get up himself.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:06 am 
"Driving isn't my strong suit, though I know how to do it." He admitted putting in the toekens and hoping onto the pads. "Co-op good for you?"

"That way you can show me your moves."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:57 am 
"There are two pads for a reason. Only problem is I won't get to watch you very much if I'm paying attention to the prompts. Still, better than each of us doing this alone, I think."

Tenma got ready, standing on the balls of her feet and kind of bouncing slightly on them like she was made of springs.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:03 pm 
"Point." Hayato replied with a smile. "We've got time enough to do it both ways though. I like Co-op first though. Let's us see if we can get a natural rhythm with each other, right?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:27 am 
"Hai; Let's do this, together."

Picking a nice somewhat old, not too girly song, Tenma started dancing. It was clear she really was trying to pay attention to his own dancing; It was also clear she wasn't the best multitasker; While the Bayushi watched him, her score would drop dramatically. While she was focused on the screen and music, it was almost all perfects.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:14 am 
Hayato wasn't nearly as good as the Bayushi, though he had obviously played a few times before. He did well enough though as she would notice in her glances.

"I think you're a bit better then me." He offered with a chuckle as he watched the score. "Well when you aren't missing the steps. " The Mantis added glancing her way.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:43 am 
"I can't decide if it's more interesting watching you or trying my best, to be honest."

She had to speak up over the music, "...you're actually better than I thought you would be. Not that I thought you would do horribly?"

The way that was phrased as a question...

"The law never rests."
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next